Light Pros @ Fort July 31, 2021 05:58AM
Why no light pros at Fort? Always had good numbers and put on a good show? Just curious.

Re: Light Pros @ Fort July 31, 2021 07:03AM
This is not new. Ie- while the 2020 Fort pull was cancelled, the Light Pros were not on the schedule last year there. The Limited Pros were scheduled. I was excited to see the LLSS last night, but only 10 were there and half had issues.

To your point- I always thought of Ft Recovery as the "Bowling Green" for the Light Pros. Maybe that class can be there again.

Re: Light Pros @ Fort July 31, 2021 07:16AM
Light pros are way better than the LLSS class last night. I liked the addition of the regional mods though, especially with the radial tractor. LLSS doesn't belong at the Fort. That's a brush pull class.

Re: Light Pros @ Fort July 31, 2021 09:32AM
Groundponder, what that tells you is few LLSS pullers could care less about NTPA, theres plenty of places to pull where your treated better an respected more, NTPA would not honor other organizations inspections and i know for a fact of at least 5 very good running Light Limited Super Stocks that didn't go because of that, with just 3 hooks we couldn't justify paying for a cage inspection ( $175 ) a hook fee of $150 per night ( non member ), why do pay that for just 3 hooks when you can go to PPL Midsouth and run alot more a be treated alor better an better payback !!! Not to mention the 2 organizations in Ky both have the weekend of Ft Recovery completely booked up ( guys that are running for points aint going to go to an NTPA hook ) . And the LLSS class is by far NOT A BRUSH PULL CLASS !!!

Re: Light Pros @ Fort August 01, 2021 12:48PM
I like the LLSS and was the one who made the motion to include them in the HSTPA but how can you expect the NTPA to let them run without the proper safty protocols being followed!? Was NTPA supposed to tell their insurance carrier to pound sand?

I understand that the LLSS class is well established in certain areas and those people have no desire or reason to travel especially if they are running for points in their area. In the newer areas for the class it's like the chicken or the egg coming first. Do the tractors have to come first or the promoter? Why build a tractor if there are no hooks and why book the class when there are no tractors.

I was a little to busy to watch the class on Friday but thought they put on a pretty good show on Saturday.

S'no Farmer

Re: Light Pros @ Fort August 01, 2021 01:43PM
You guys can argue hook fees, etc til the cows come home, but Todd is right on the cage deal for the reasons mentioned. To get an NHRA cage cert you'll pay roughly the same or more, so it isn't as though pulling is unique in this aspect. You'll need it to run a sanctioned track or any series referencing back to NHRA and many pulling orgs refer back to NTPA. Precedence exists.

On another note, how much did you spend on power that $175 is too much to try to keep your ass safe??? You'll have three times that amount in v-band clamps under your hood. Get bent if that's stopping you.

CP

Re: Light Pros @ Fort July 31, 2021 10:24AM
Who chooses which classes will be there?

Re: Light Pros @ Fort August 01, 2021 01:27AM
Looks like the LLSS made a better showing on Saturday.

The promoter August 01, 2021 01:11PM
The promoter chooses the classes

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009