WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 16, 2021 03:10AM
I have a JD 4430 and am having issues with the factory two disk slipping. It is my understanding with some machining that you can replace the traction floater plates with pto floater plates you gain enough room for a third disk and plate. I'd like to get some more information on the specifics, if anyone could give me some more information that'd be great.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 16, 2021 04:38AM
I have a modified 8630 wet clutch sitting on the shelf, worked fine for us we switched to a dry 3 disc. If you are interested call three 60 nine 88 2401 Bob

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 16, 2021 07:24AM
You can also weld the clutch and pto hub together to make a 4 disk wet clutch and modify the valve body. I’ve heard with some floater machining you can make this setup a 5 disk.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 17, 2021 03:42AM
I am running a 10mph farm stock tractor that occasionally pulls no speed. I was able to get four seasons out of the factory two disk before it started to slip at the end of the track in the open speed classes. I agree that a dry clutch set up is by far more capable of holding in high horsepower applications, that being said one must also keep in mind the term "farmstock" when it comes to modifying your tractor like that.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 18, 2021 10:27PM
Call 812-309-3255 I might have some answers.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 16, 2021 07:25AM
What power level are you at? Are you running high gear?

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 16, 2021 11:02AM
with all the posts on here that say forget the wet stock type clutch, why bother, -------you will not have better luck than those whom have tried before you.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 16, 2021 11:28AM
If Columbus listened to all the people like Georgee no one would be here.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 16, 2021 01:31PM
I have also read many posts about JD wet clutches not working at higher HP, seems like history is a great learning tool, or should be.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 17, 2021 12:18AM
That's why no one will remember your name.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 17, 2021 01:24AM
Anything over 800hp, your wasting your time and money. Trust me, we tried everything and spoke to everyone. The 4 disk wet setup last a half season. Get yourself a 4020 bell houseing and put a 3 or 4 disk dry setup in it. Pretty simple and straight forward on a 4430

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 18, 2021 07:31AM
some people are smart and learn from others, -some never learn anything and no it alllllllllll

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 18, 2021 11:52PM
I don't know what your future intentions are but we run a Raush (spelling) wet clutch in a Hot Farm tractor and haven't had clutch issues yet. We did snap the input shaft and take out some gears. I've been told to expect to need disks at some point like any clutch set up. I have a friend that ran the original wet clutch with quadrange and is in the process of putting a 20 series rear in a 4440 and it's gotten really involved. He has to match up the center steering section between the rear and 4440 front. If I take that route it would "seem" easier to just start with a 4320 and put my engine in it. Best thing would be to buy a built chassis but all this depends on the budget and future plans. As always money is the only limiting factor. Lots of na sayers but do your thing and don't be concerned with them. Good luck.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 19, 2021 12:54AM
wonder
some people are smart and learn from others, -some never learn anything and no it alllllllllll

Like the difference between "no" and "know?"

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 19, 2021 10:59AM
some r pretty aware, or r they, LIKE THE DIFFERENCE IN 'w' AND 'W'

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 19, 2021 11:24AM
No one cares that you copied a fake/anonymous user name other than a lower case w.

Also, you're clearly wrong as one person is running a wet clutch successfully in hot farm... making a higher horsepower number than you can even count to.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 19, 2021 11:30AM
people, go back and look at the past posts on this subject, read carefully if you can, repeat as needed.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 19, 2021 01:57PM
MR RIGHT OR WRONG,
people, go back and look at the past posts on this subject, read carefully if you can, repeat as needed.

Then go back and read about when the light bulb didn't work but stop reading when you get to the part where a person made one functional.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 20, 2021 02:12PM
when one is successful and most others are not, please share the reason of common sense and averages, AT A CERTAIN HP, THEY DO NOT HOLD UP

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 21, 2021 02:13AM
I'm sure we can all agree that a clutch is merely a wear item and its ability to last is often dependent on how it is used. Being that wet clutch disks are significantly thinner than that of a dry disk they do not take the heat and should not be slipped. I was told when I first put my tractor together to treat that clutch pedal like a light switch, and that is exactly what I did and had great luck with the factory two disk until this year. Anyone who has been around them knows that the dry clutch is the way to go for your high horse power applications(800+) however it's pointless to call someone stupid for trying to make it work at lower horse power. In my opinion diversity is what makes this sport so fun people trying different things keeps all the competitors on there toes. If we all ran the same cookie cutter set ups there wouldn't be worth doing.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 22, 2021 10:13AM
chickenlittle
when one is successful and most others are not, please share the reason of common sense and averages, AT A CERTAIN HP, THEY DO NOT HOLD UP

Just continue being mediocre in life. We all need people like you to finish behind the winners.

Re: WET CLUTCH ISSUES August 22, 2021 09:46AM
Surface grind .100 off the very front pressure plate put 2 PTO floaters and 3 friction disks on the traction side and make it 3disks and it will hold 4 to 500 hp for awhile then you will be forced to tie the PTO side together with the traction and go on to 900 then dry it up and put a 3 speed in. But please do not turn the engine MORE THAN 3000 RPMS UNLESS YOU HAVE A STEEL SETUP whether it's wet or dry. good luck.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,717, Posts: 229,825, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,961.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro