O Canada August 22, 2021 12:20PM
I was going to put this under storylines from the weekend in Bowling Green but this is more speculation than a real storyline. The North side was quiet, bland, subdued, tame, [insert other boring adjectives here]. In my decades of going to Bowling Green I've never seen the Northsiders just sit there with no yelling, partying, and carrying-on. It was really, really weird.

So my question is, was it due to the lack of Canadian fans? Does Canada just like to party more when they head South of the border? After all, Tijuana has a party reputation when American's head south of the border... Is BG the Canadians version of Tijuana? Do Canadians bring the Mardi-Gras style beads to the northside stands? Who knew Canadians were so important to the BG party atmosphere? Grinning

I was a Southsider when I sat in the stands as a fan and nowadays I'm mid-track working so it still doesn't effect me but something sure was a little different this year. Canada, we missed you eh.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: O Canada August 22, 2021 01:45PM
I thought the crowd as a whole was quieter than usual. Wonder if some of it was the heat? I work outside all the time and it was plenty warm. Saw more folks than usual heading out to spend some time in the shade. More of the crowd than usual near us were older folks, south side just past full pull mark. In some ways it made it better- nobody upchucked behind us last night.

Re: O Canada August 22, 2021 11:33PM
Jake,

Believe me when I say we were significantly less than thrilled with not being able to attend!

While we had a healthy party environment with our "camping on the farm online streaming" in Ontario with the Ohh Deere Pulling Team, it was commented on several times from people in the group about the obvious lack of North Siders and it appeared there was less enthusiasm than we typically see there.

Overall it was an awesome show and thanks to Doc Riley and the announcing crew for inserting the shout outs to various camping/online streaming groups!

I certainly can't and won't say it was the lack of Canadians, but here's hoping we can all be there next year to try and make a difference!

Re: O Canada August 23, 2021 05:53AM
As one of the few Americans that lives north of Canada (look it up), I can say they definitely know how to party hard!!! I love hanging out with pullers and semi racers from across the river.

CP

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009