llss at Louisville December 30, 2021 03:59PM
Should llss tractors be added at Louisville? They seem to be growing in numbers pretty fast and I think that it would be a pretty good show as well. What do you guys think

Re: llss at Louisville December 30, 2021 11:04PM
NOOP!! Them guys cant agree on nothing. LLSS needs to be at your co fair or a BRUSH pull , I have heard that the TNT group went 6100 lb for 2022 .If this is true them guys have gave the llss class another black eye !

Re: llss at Louisville December 31, 2021 01:10AM
Yep, TNT went to 6100lbs, had a friend that was at the meeting, there was NO VOTE on this, its what the owner of TNT wanted !!!!! Should have been voted on !!!!

Re: llss at Louisville December 31, 2021 01:14AM
what weight is everyone wanting - or was at? Happy new Yr.

Re: llss at Louisville December 31, 2021 01:32AM
6000lbs and on another thought, several keep saying everyone needs to go to the national rules,really,THEIR AINT NO NATIONAL RULES, its not a national class !!!! It keeps getting reminded on here that its a State Level or Brush Pull class !!!!

LLSS at Farm Show December 31, 2021 01:59AM
type....type....type.... (deep breath) delete....delete....delete...

Re: llss at Louisville December 31, 2021 01:28AM
If agreeing on things is the metric you plan on using then I guess we should get rid of Superfarm and Prostock because the Outlaws don't agree on rules for those classes. Maybe we should get rid of the Diesel and Alcohol heavy Superstocks too since they don't really like to agree on rules and some of them don't like to play together either.

Me? I'd argue that the Alcohol vs. Diesel Super class might be one of the most anticipated classes going into this years farm show. Will the bigger smoke pipe let the diesel tractor breathe? Will the 903's be set on kill? Have the other top diesels caught up to Triple Bypass? Has Brent Payne found more power for Galot II? To me, I don't care if the pullers bicker, I don't care if they can't get along, I don't care if they can't agree on what set of rules or whether to run together outdoors, to me this is as exciting as it gets.

Personally I think the LLSS would be a good class for the NFMS. They could have the same Diesel vs. Alcohol battle. They have plenty of either fuel to choose from. I think they're like the Light Pro and Limited Pro, there's so many of them the hardest part would be narrowing down the list. Are they a perfect class? No. There is no perfect class, however they are, by far, the most colorful tractor class in the entire sport. They are also a fan favorite. Last but not least they bring a completely different style/size of tractor to the event... smaller hoods and smaller chassis.. they add variety even in the common brands like Deere and IH. I've written this in the past but I think that the best thing the LLSS class can do is make sure they don't switch to big hoods like all the other tractor classes. They need to stay unique with the smaller hoods.

I'd be happy to have them added to the lineup at the Farm Show.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: llss at Louisville December 31, 2021 02:22AM
i think there are two solid arguments in the llss national rules issue. one being weight and the other being engine size allowed.
it works well for the southern folks to run 6000 lbs and allow the big charger big cubes (466's) to run against the smooth bore 370 alcohol tractors.
it also seems to work for ppl allowing 6500 lbs and a few engine combinations but no matter which setup the owner chooses, they're turbo can only be a 3x4 smooth boore.
i personally like the ppl rules better. that seems more fair to me. i dont think it takes another 100 cubes and a bigger turbo to keep up with the alcohols.
gordywanna last year was a great example either way to prove each others position. at 6000 lbs steve zenz and chad zachow were very close. zenz being an alcohol 370 and zachow believe to bee a 466 with slotted 3x4. however giving the diesel another 500 lbs zachow 'easily' stuck it in the pile while the 410 cooler 3x4's were doing all they could to be within 5-15 feet.
which way should the rules be? either way has their valid points. the 6500 rules seems to keep the tractors more stable, less wild rides. going back to the 6000, the extra 100 cubes and bigger turbo seems to be equalized at 6000 lbs. i have heard the fords say its difficult to get to 6000 bc they need the heavier rearend. which watching 'hard target' through facebook and youtube videos ive seen him have some breakage with the assumed smaller rearend.
both classes seem to work, which is probably why klint tucker still offers both in his winter pull.

Re: llss at Louisville January 03, 2022 04:56AM
Jake Morgan
If agreeing on things is the metric you plan on using then I guess we should get rid of Superfarm and Prostock because the Outlaws don't agree on rules for those classes. Maybe we should get rid of the Diesel and Alcohol heavy Superstocks too since they don't really like to agree on rules and some of them don't like to play together either.

Me? I'd argue that the Alcohol vs. Diesel Super class might be one of the most anticipated classes going into this years farm show. Will the bigger smoke pipe let the diesel tractor breathe? Will the 903's be set on kill? Have the other top diesels caught up to Triple Bypass? Has Brent Payne found more power for Galot II? To me, I don't care if the pullers bicker, I don't care if they can't get along, I don't care if they can't agree on what set of rules or whether to run together outdoors, to me this is as exciting as it gets.

Personally I think the LLSS would be a good class for the NFMS. They could have the same Diesel vs. Alcohol battle. They have plenty of either fuel to choose from. I think they're like the Light Pro and Limited Pro, there's so many of them the hardest part would be narrowing down the list. Are they a perfect class? No. There is no perfect class, however they are, by far, the most colorful tractor class in the entire sport. They are also a fan favorite. Last but not least they bring a completely different style/size of tractor to the event... smaller hoods and smaller chassis.. they add variety even in the common brands like Deere and IH. I've written this in the past but I think that the best thing the LLSS class can do is make sure they don't switch to big hoods like all the other tractor classes. They need to stay unique with the smaller hoods.

I'd be happy to have them added to the lineup at the Farm Show.

That's only two against one associations. LLSS is different for EVERY ASSOCIATION!

Re: llss at Louisville January 03, 2022 08:48AM
Since you have revealed yourself in a different post Tomah Winner. What are the main differences between associations with rules for the LLSS class? There are 3 rules , 1 is differences in weight anywhere 6000 to 6500. 2 is 470 cube rule. 3 is the turbo rule . Everything else is pretty standard between all. And if differences work for these associations and if Louisville put a set of rules out , guys will go no matter if the rules are different , because generally most tractors fit these rules

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2022 10:37AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: llss at Louisville January 04, 2022 01:19AM
Well said. Louisville could easily come up with a set of rules that fit almost everyone.

This isn't about rules, this is simply about some people hating on the LLSS class and looking for dumb reasons to bash them.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: llss at Louisville December 31, 2021 01:38AM
No. To add them means taking something away. There are at least a half-dozen indoor shows this winter you can go to and see them run. There are not a half dozen places you can see NFMS classes.

CP

Re: llss at Louisville December 31, 2021 02:44AM
[www.youtube.com] (about 49 min)

Re: llss at Louisville December 31, 2021 03:38AM
LLSS should run Tuesday night at Louisville.
Then have the fist fights on the track right after.
Allow betting on the pulls and fights.
Live stream income would be amazing!

Re: llss at Louisville December 31, 2021 11:15AM
I think the Diesel vs Alcohol would be a big hit. I would agree with it being a diverse group of tractors. Get a set of national rules together obviously not everyone will agree but that’s apart of it and if guys want to run there regardless. I personally think that it would add to a great show

Re: llss at Louisville December 31, 2021 02:27PM
need to add another session if more classes are added otherwise you cut a class or two but how much you willing pay to see a session that is llss limited Pro diesel trucks 85 limited pro tractors and hot farm im not paying 40 bucks for that show

Re: llss at Louisville December 31, 2021 06:01PM
Need to add mini rod, before any of those brush pull classes.

Re: llss at Louisville January 01, 2022 01:45AM
I agree, mini rods need added before anything else. I would personally vote to replace the diesel trucks with minis or llss. I like the trucks outdoors, I just don’t think it works too well indoors on a short track. Also takes way too long to maneuver them around.

Re: llss at Louisville January 01, 2022 02:06AM
I understand that the class needs to progress to be better but some of these issues are the results of rule changes. what I see happening is since they added the newer tires now all the sudden rearend issues. the solution is add more weight so can run bigger rearend. tires heavier and know can't keep the print end down. I personally like the lighter weight. it is a equalizer to keep the class bunched tighter together. You don't have a select few 30 to ft further from rest of the class. why not take class to 5750. they ran lss at 5500 years ago.

Re: llss at Louisville January 01, 2022 02:40AM
AMEN AMEN and AMEN. Thats exactly where the class was supposed to have stayed at. Cant believe some of these guys cant see that adding more weight is whats causing the rearend issues, not better tires, yes new tires are better than they used to be but the majority of the class aint running new tires, a good set of old ten plys work just as good, can't believe some people can't get plenty of moveable weight on a 560 or 460 international, rhats ridiculous, Gene Sharber ran a 4010 john deere back in tge 80s with 2 chargers and heavy tires and weighed 4700lbs empty, and before anyone says " i bet he took soom wild rides " probably so but he got on it every weekend, and if need be he lowered the drawbar.

This is why January 01, 2022 03:26AM
[www.youtube.com]

Re: llss at Louisville January 01, 2022 04:22AM
This is why what? If competitors dont have enough sense to know how or are unwilling to learn the set up on their tractors, DON'T penalize the rest of us, wonder how many of those on that video had weight hanging on the back or ran a full drawbar, YOU MUST adjust to the track conditions, adding more weight to the class takes thinking and logic out of pulling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2022 07:57AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: llss at Louisville January 01, 2022 11:30AM
I saw a good track with the sled set to tight several flat tires and the steering wheel turned the wrong way

Re: llss at Louisville January 02, 2022 02:23AM
Has anyone ever talked with the committee that puts the Louisville pull on? And were is the positive side of the LLSS class being there and I am sure if you were selected I don't think weight they chose would matter , because you would go right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2022 03:05AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: llss at Louisville January 02, 2022 03:24AM
If you want LLSS at Louisville why don't we put a class of Division IV antiques in. Or what about a class of stock 4x4 pickups. Louisville is a prestigious event, not some local brush pull

Re: llss at Louisville January 02, 2022 05:59AM
Well, the only difference between Division V and Pro Stock is a couple hundred thousand dollars so
that wouldn't be enough change for the committee. Dropping a modified class for the Mini's would be ok.

Re: llss at Louisville January 02, 2022 08:04AM
They need to add twohudro to the Minis so they can hook better,why too much spin and out of control many times, -sure is fun to watch, but let hook harder.

Re: llss at Louisville January 05, 2022 05:52AM
the question that needs to be asked then would be as follows:
what does the class need to do to get to louisville?
what do we need to do to get the idea out of peoples heads that all the class does is disagree?
what is it going to take to get more tractors to sanctioning events? gordywana?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,686, Posts: 229,788, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason