Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 03, 2022 10:58PM
[www.racingjunk.com]

Will take a few bucks, but you can own one turn key! Good luck to the Boyd’s with their sale and thanks for many years of top notch pulling entertainment.

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 03, 2022 11:39PM
love the useage of the term "turn Key", closest thing to that would probably be the switch on the starter? or the bar used to start the other motors?

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 04, 2022 12:31AM
If you're going to buy a mod and you're serious about competing at the top level it would be hard to think you could find one (or actually two) options better than this! Sure you could build one but why build and take a chance when this is a proven thing?!

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 05, 2022 05:08AM
BrandonA
If you're going to buy a mod and you're serious about competing at the top level it would be hard to think you could find one (or actually two) options better than this! Sure you could build one but why build and take a chance when this is a proven thing?!

I feel some people will take their own route so hopefully, in the future, they can prove that what they build will be a winning truck or tractor, and step away from something that someone else has built. Not saying buying this is wrong or bad, but as my father says, "to his own." Again, not bashing anyone.

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 05, 2022 06:59AM
Is there a top 5 tractor that someone has built or do they just write checks to different people.

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 05, 2022 05:46AM
I noticed that they are selling them with Janis 8-71 blowers...In a TV interview Joe Eder said his 18-71's were making 3200 HP per engine while Boyds with the screw blowers were making 4000 horsepower per engine..

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 05, 2022 06:43AM
I have always heard that it takes from 6-900 hp to drive the roots type blowers, depending on size and overdrive ratios. That's why I like to buy at the track after a run and purchase what actually did the run instead of change this change that later after the fact. LOL

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 05, 2022 07:14AM
The last event those mods ran at, the Janis blowers were on them. The PSIs had all been on shelves and/or completely different engines in the shop and hadn't been used in '21, so if you are implying a bait and switch, that is false. Everything is for sale though, so if you want the screws, buy them, too.

CP

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 05, 2022 09:25AM
Who uses 8-71 anymore? why would you?

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 05, 2022 09:35AM
Literally the PPL Super Modified rules and NTPA Modified rules for four engine combinations...

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 05, 2022 10:14AM
So the big blowers are for unlimited only?

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 05, 2022 11:20AM
14-71s are allowed on triple engine setups with PPL Super Modifieds and NTPA Modified. 18-71s and Screw Blowers are only allowed in NTPA Light Unlimited and Unlimited classes.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 05, 2022 12:35PM
This price is hilarious !!! Good luck , because what you got into a thing, you will never get out , but some are slow in the thing

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 06, 2022 05:58AM
Go price out that tractor completely new. Then report back how far off 50% they are.

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 06, 2022 07:09AM
Just curious,what's the expected life of a chassis that's had that kind of power used,the add says the chassis is 8 years old,do these unlimited chassis start losing distance after so many hooks,or bouncey/rough hooks ??

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 06, 2022 07:15AM
$500k seems like a new build cost to me. 4 x $100k motors and then $100k for chassis and rest?

Not questioning the price, I couldn’t buy it for $50k, just curious how much more it could actually cost new.

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 06, 2022 07:49AM
Spoke to a guy today who talked to Shannon Leishner about an engine build in the last few days. This would be for a mini. He was told $130K. Not sure how that would compare to the engines in Boyd's modified.

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 06, 2022 08:08AM
Wow, $130k. Guess it’s amazing to me there are as many people pulling as there are with that kind of price.

Re: Anyone interested in a Boyd Modified? January 06, 2022 08:25AM
A lot of old money still floating around, and some companies with a lot of discretionary funds which go where ever.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,674, Posts: 229,772, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,077, Posts: 225,945.

Our newest member Jason