Ocala mods February 03, 2022 01:48PM
Why did Uncle Larry Dq the radial reactor ?
I think he doesn't like it pulling with ntpa.
Ntpa is becoming a joke.

Re: Ocala mods February 03, 2022 07:11PM
Why didn't you stop at the first sentence?
The next two make you look like an idiot when you get the true answer.

Re: Ocala mods February 04, 2022 01:30AM
Wondering
Why didn't you stop at the first sentence?
The next two make you look like an idiot when you get the true answer.

The OP asked why a tractor was DQ'ed.

If you know the answer, why not simply answer his question without the personal attacks against the OP?

Re: Ocala mods February 04, 2022 02:21AM
The Original Michael

The OP asked why a tractor was DQ'ed.

If you know the answer, why not simply answer his question without the personal attacks against the OP?

Why did not the OP ask the question in the first sentence without the next two sentences being an uncalled for attack?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2022 10:40AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Ocala mods February 04, 2022 03:16AM
Wondering
Why did not the OP ask the question in the first sentence without the next two sentences being an uncalled for attack?

Either you know why the tractor was DQ'ed or you don't. If you do, then share that info. Even if you feel the OP comments were uncalled for, that didn't preclude you from also answering his question (if you know the answer).

You said the OP would "feel like an idiot" when he got the true answer. Yet, you've never given any answer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2022 03:22AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Ocala mods February 04, 2022 03:33AM
The answer to your question is that something fell off of the tractor during it's pass down the track. Even if Larry didn't like the tractor he was not the finish line flagman and from his position behind the start line I don't think he had any say in the matter. I was at the start line when it happened so did not see what came off of the tractor.

Just a little history about this tractor and the NTPA. As the Mod committee chairman I had gotten an agenda item from this team for several years wanting to be allowed to compete in the RN Mod class. They were turned down numerous times because Larry felt that there were safty issues with the jugs (the cylinder and head assembly) on the tractor possibly breaking loose and being sent flying. After several years of the same result (being turned down) they came up with a solution that both were happy with, that being a cable wrapped around the engine to contain any jugs that might get ejected from the engine. With this change they were qualified to run NTPA RN events and competed for the first time I believe at Raleigh,NC I think 2 years ago. They made two very nice passes at the pull in Ocala. BTW the Mod tractors were not NTPA sanctioned at Ocala so they were not under Larry's control. They also ran both nights at the Fort this past summer.

Long story short Larry approved them for competition and would not be so petty as to DQ them from the announcers stand.

S'no Farmer

Re: Ocala mods February 04, 2022 06:42AM
An exhaust header specifically (each jug has its own).

CP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2022 06:43AM by cpr.

Re: Ocala mods February 04, 2022 10:46AM
Thanks Charles.

To Diesel puller,

If an exhaust header fell off it seems to me like the NTPA made the right call. Calling them a joke for doing the right thing seems completely inappropriate and uncalled for.

[rant]
Maybe everyone could tone down the nonsense and try to be helpful. This page as only as good as the people posting on it:
- Don't act like a jerk... be nice or be quiet.
- Don't complain about other people acting like jerks... just ignore them and don't respond.
- Don't complain about the page... post something good to make it better or go away.

If you think the page sucks... take a look in the mirror because if you aren't doing anything to make it better you're part of the reason it sucks!
[end rant]

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2022 10:54AM by Jake Morgan.

Jake February 04, 2022 01:43PM
What I am getting here is this. Some one has it in for NTPA and/or the Ocala pull. I say that because of the last two posts that were started about the pull. Now, I am nothing but a state puller as you and many others well know. Our state is no longer a member state of NTPA and has not been for quite some time but that doesn't mean we HATE them at ALL. Most of us in our state gave NTPA a thumbs up for mandating a second cable around a 6 cylinder engine after the accident in Shipshewana that was not even sanctioned by NTPA. Our state is going to do the same thing as far as I know. But in the last 2 posts that were started about the Ocala pull, nothing was said about that. NTPA is NOT a JOKE. Now I know I am going to get a thumbs down for posting this but my shoulders are broad and I can handle that.

Re: Jake February 04, 2022 02:16PM
Clark that was a LONG LONG time ago now.. I was thinking ITPA cutting ties was more of a financial thing than a rules thing? I was pretty young then. Lol We had the most pulls of any of the member states by a lot. Was a lot nicer state to Live in back then.

Re: Jake February 04, 2022 02:53PM
F-30puller
Clark that was a LONG LONG time ago now.. I was thinking ITPA cutting ties was more of a financial thing than a rules thing? I was pretty young then. Lol We had the most pulls of any of the member states by a lot. Was a lot nicer state to Live in back then.

It was actually BOTH Lenny. It was a financial thing to a "point". I was also young then also but older than you then and still older than you now. I am still not sure it was a good thing for us to leave NTPA even though I was the one that was supposed to ask our board if they would consider it by pullers that were older than I was at that time because THEY were the ones that had an agenda and those pullers are no longer pulling.

All rules need to be enforced! February 05, 2022 01:21AM
My problem is the hypocrisy. One rule was enforced the exhaust header coming off, one wasn’t the weight. Why is one enforced and one isn’t? Those of us who have pulled with NTPA in the last 20 years consistently are leaving them because of this very issue. On the issue of the 6400 you had 7 guys who worked hard for their tractor to make weight and one that didn’t. So now the one that didn’t gets to jump up to 6400. For those of you who actually pull in a light class you know that 150lbs could be the difference in your tractor hooking up and not. So this guy gets to pull at 6400 when the class is 6250, rules say if you lose part of your tractor, ballast etc during your hook you are DQed, that one is enforced. The guy that weighed 6400 got a purse check, now here come all the “we don’t do it for the money” soap boxers, true, but it does help a touch with travel money. Point is both were illegal, one was enforced, one wasn’t. Both should have been dq’ed only one was. It’s not a knock or problem with Ocala it’s the inconvenient standard of NTPA picking and choosing.

Re: All rules need to be enforced! February 05, 2022 02:17AM
Ocala pull was in 2 segments: 1) NTPA Region sanction, where the weight dispute occurred. 2) A Non-NTPA Region 6 roster of classes. Where the exhaust header fell off. Were these classes sanctioned??? If so, by who?? Cannot find literally any info on Mid Florida Pullers website or facebook. Certainly have no pull results for anything.

When it comes to weight issue, the NTPA premier class, the Unlimited Mods, deal with it every time they hook. Those pullers do not go to the scale until a certain tractor does, which determines what the class weight will be for that session. Why are you posters not on here raising cane about that? In fact, this is quite common in all the NTPA Mod classes. And has been for a long time. Why are you guys complaining? It is not just a LLSS thing. If a tractor cannot make weight on a calibrated scale, certainly it will not on a 'heavy readout' scale. And when that happens numerous repeatable times, that means the offending tractor needs a weight diet. Thus, utilize the established rule. Which also means enforcing it.

Do PPL Mods have a certain tractor(s) that is also setting the class weight benchmark per session? And what few PPL sanctioned events I attend, I hear/see issues there, too. Why aren't you posters raisiin' a ruckus 'bout that?

Re: All rules need to be enforced! February 05, 2022 06:12AM
I actually did mention that it was a problem in the Unlimited Mod class and I also mentioned that it has been a problem in the LSS class as well.

This isn't the first time this topic has come up... We've talked about it on more than one occasion in the past in various classes. We've also talked about solution for this in the past... something simple like all certified sleds having four certified weights and putting those on a specific spot on the scales to calibrate them at each event. It seems like an easy way to eliminate any controversy in every class. After that, stick to the weight and simply enforce it.

As for the Radial Reactor, it definitely stinks that something like a header got them a DQ but it is the right call. Sadly I've seen times when a header pipe came off a V-8 and it was simply kicked off to the side and a distance was given with no DQ. I've also seen a pin that holds the weights fall off and it got a DQ, but other times it's overlooked and just handed to the driver. An ether bottle falling to the track... sometimes a DQ... sometimes not. There needs to be consistency and equal enforcement. I don't expect perfection, but we should still strive for that and strive to do better.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: All rules need to be enforced! February 05, 2022 10:02AM
2022 ntpa rule book under item C Note 1 says " Header pipe or pipes falling onto track shall not be grounds for disqualification. Butthis does not apply to a turbocharger exhaust pipe" to the best of my knowledge this was added to rule book more than 1 year ago

Re: All rules need to be enforced! February 05, 2022 10:04AM
sorry it is on page 95

Re: All rules need to be enforced! February 05, 2022 01:18PM
Plumbers nightmare is correct.
When Larry was asked by the team why the Dq with the rule book in their hand his response was if you weren't Dq for the exhaust you were going to be for oil on the track.
Looking more and more like good ole boys club.

Todd if the mods where not part of the ntpa event why did they need roll cage certification ?

Re: All rules need to be enforced! February 05, 2022 01:36PM
ok then It does use a little oil LOL

Re: All rules need to be enforced! February 05, 2022 02:36PM
Wouldnt it be nice if it was a perfect world with out cheaters.Every one could weigh one time be certified and here comes the nice part the sled man wouldnt have to have a extra vehicle to haul the scales on

Re: All rules need to be enforced! February 05, 2022 02:30PM
And we wonder why nobody new comes in if in deed that was the case.

Re: All rules need to be enforced! February 05, 2022 05:01PM
For the sake of the sport,
I have no idea why that was the case I just know that the mods were not NTPA sanctioned because if they were our two tractors would likey have been there.

S'no Farmer

Re: Ocala mods February 05, 2022 10:38PM
Sounds like D.C. was running the show, rules for thee but not for me

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard