Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 07:26AM
Who are the best true Light Pros in the country, and who does everyone think will place top 3 In Louisville?

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 09:32AM
That is a loaded question. It really depends on who wants to turn it up for one monster pass or who wants to make it live all season.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 10:15AM
Depends if you want to classify the legal and non legal ones in the same group.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 11:19AM
I don’t know who may or may not be legal, I just wonder who may be the best I guess and put on a good show next week. I really enjoy the class with all the good tractors they have.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 11:00AM
Safe to say the best one unfortunately did not get invited to Louisville

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 11:13AM
I hate to say it but a blue one made a lot of red ones look bad at Shipshewanna

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 11:18AM
But did it live ? Lol

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 11:20AM
A lot of red ones survived and were very competitive at Ship, so who really won??

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 11:23AM
It did for about 30 passes prior to that. I’ve seen a lot of IH’s not “live” in my life also.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 11:29AM
30 passes hahaha you def don’t know what your talking about. It’s a newer engine, and that tractor runs east coast, not even close to 30 passes. Give me a break.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 11:27AM
How did the blue one fare on those 30 passes during the summer? I seen it on numerous videos and it didn’t run like it did at Ship

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 12:58PM
I think you guys are forgetting about a 1456 an black Ih that are very tough from Wisconsin.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 12:17PM
Palmer Weiderhold or Beasley are the ones to watch to win. If had to pick just one it would be Palmer with Red Avenger with a one and done. In a gambling house I would put money on each. I told Mark the other day I hope he wins. Saturday my family will be hoping he wins.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 12:25PM
Wiederhold runs good inside for sure

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 01:08PM
Pretty simple. Mark Weiderhold. Only tractor to win points title in NTPA when the class was combined and over 30 hooks in a summer. Won PPL Western Series and won PPL Silver Series. Has competed against about every Light Pro in the country. Plus made this Ford that blew up at Ships look like it was backing up all last summer.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 01:28PM
Best I can tell out of 4 pulls they were at they split 2 for 2.. but what do I know I’m just a dumb key board puller that don’t know my facts

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 01:32PM
I'll throw a vote out there for the galot machine.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 05:38PM
Big difference when someone is leading the points and someone who hits a few select hooks and gets to run their harder.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 13, 2022 10:55PM
Matt Smith with the 9700 Ford is the new top dog in Light Pro. He was unstoppable at Shipshewana, yes we all know what happened to his tractor on his last run of the night but everyone seemed to have forgotten about how successful he was that weekend. That tractor literally took 1st in every flight and class it pulled in including the class he was in when the engine exploded. And it was usually by a quite a few feet too! He'll get it back up and running with more durability and even more power.

Tom Shafer on the Boss February 13, 2022 03:00PM
Simple
Pretty simple. Mark Weiderhold. Only tractor to win points title in NTPA when the class was combined and over 30 hooks in a summer. Won PPL Western Series and won PPL Silver Series. Has competed against about every Light Pro in the country. Plus made this Ford that blew up at Ships look like it was backing up all last summer.
Simple, I think you better look again. It looks to me that Tom Shafer on the Boss, won 2013 AND 2014 NTPA region 2 one of those years there were over 42 competitors and around 32 hooks. Also Scott Web won before the split of region 2 as well with Shafer coming in 2nd behind Webb. So I have to say Tom Shafer is definitely one of the best to compete in the LPS Class.

Re: Tom Shafer on the Boss February 13, 2022 03:15PM
So who you all think will be top 3 in Louisville next week and why weren’t some of these names invited?

Re: Tom Shafer on the Boss February 13, 2022 11:54PM
Hostile Environment
Whiskey Business
Bare Necessities

Many aren’t invited because they don’t apply

Re: Tom Shafer on the Boss February 14, 2022 02:28PM
Hard to pick 3 out of that list. All those tractors are tough and could win on any given night. It will all come down to the guys that hit their setup and find the best path on the track. Going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Re: Tom Shafer on the Boss February 13, 2022 03:18PM
your using wins from 7-9 yrs ago to predict a win now? REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Tom Shafer on the Boss February 14, 2022 03:08PM
Thanks for the Vote of confidenceNumber seven.I would like to wish all theLouisville competitors good luck.And I hope to see all ofMy fellow competitorsThis Summer!!!!!!!!

If Tom Shafer is the Boss Mark Wiederhold is the CEO and Director of the board! February 15, 2022 01:22AM
Isn’t anyone in the country doing it better than the Wiederholds!

Re: If Tom Shafer is the Boss Mark Wiederhold is the CEO and Director of the board! February 15, 2022 01:48AM
How do you know who's the best unless you've seen every single one multiple times?

Re: If Tom Shafer is the Boss Mark Wiederhold is the CEO and Director of the board! February 15, 2022 03:27AM
Jd43, you are right. Plus they would need to pull on the same tracks against each other all summer long. There are simply to many good ones to choose from across the country to deem one the best. However right now in 2022 Smith’s Ford is the best light pro in the country.

Re: If Tom Shafer is the Boss Mark Wiederhold is the CEO and Director of the board! February 15, 2022 04:02AM
Smith isn’t even in the same realm! One weekend doesn’t make you the best! It’s what you do week after week year after year for years on end! Title of champion only goes to one person, until he’s un seated, there is no conversation to be had.

Re: If Tom Shafer is the Boss Mark Wiederhold is the CEO and Director of the board! February 15, 2022 04:58AM
One thing is for certain, the Ford was on kill and it did just that, it killed itself!!!! I promise you that if that ford came over to region 2 that he would not even be close to running with that gang. R2 is some of the best in the country no doubt

Re: If Tom Shafer is the Boss Mark Wiederhold is the CEO and Director of the board! February 15, 2022 05:12AM
Who has more wins in 2022? Right now Diaz is #2 in the country

Re: If Tom Shafer is the Boss Mark Wiederhold is the CEO and Director of the board! February 15, 2022 05:20AM
Any given night will have it's own Champion, most can win on occasional luck, but even the best have bad days, Best out of ten hooks tells the story, same day, same track, same sled, back to back hooks, -if you ain't the Lead dog, -stay on the Porch !

NC Boys are pretty strong too February 15, 2022 12:04PM
The Beasleys, Hoss, and a few others in North Carolina have been strong for a while and would definitely be on my list! There are also a couple new ones (relatively) such as GALOT and the dirt pays John Deere that have been very strong

Re: If Tom Shafer is the Boss Mark Wiederhold is the CEO and Director of the board! February 15, 2022 06:04AM
Puller 7
One thing is for certain, the Ford was on kill and it did just that, it killed itself!!!! I promise you that if that ford came over to region 2 that he would not even be close to running with that gang. R2 is some of the best in the country no doubt

I took the liberty of looking up region 2 points for 21. Oddly there were several region 2 tractors at ship that finished at the top of region 2 that the ford beat 4 times in a row. It would seem it could possibly be a little more competitive than you might like for it to be

Re: If Tom Shafer is the Boss Mark Wiederhold is the CEO and Director of the board! February 15, 2022 08:58AM
Well that Ford,(if it the same thar shhee blew), ain't no more, so past accounts mean very little going forward. It was built to be on the edge, champoin ships are won with durability and consistency.

Re: Tom Shafer on the Boss February 15, 2022 03:47PM
really,
your using wins from 7-9 yrs ago to predict a win now? REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you think for 1 second that Shafer is not as competitive today as he was 7-9 years ago then you are fooled and don't know Tommy Shafer. That also goes for others in R2, they are all spending money and constantly making upgrades I promise you that.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 15, 2022 05:34AM
I am confident with saying my top 3 are IH 1456 of Collin Birkholz, Barnyard Bandit of Evan Smoot, and a tie between Whiskey Business of Adam Diaz and Bare necessities of Mark Wiederhold.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 15, 2022 08:56AM
All I can say is bring the eastern pullers over here in Central Ohio when it gets real then tell me what you think. There's a good reason the east guys won't allow the NTPA light pros to play in there sand boxes in the east with their "A Pump" rules. Bottom line is they don't want any of the R2 guys. Spoiling. Their parade. By the way If I'm not mistaken, a R2 guy Sctott Web a former R2 champion, was a strong 2nd at ship. Just saying, bring the eastern machines into the Buckeye state this summer and see what happens. Good luck!

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 15, 2022 09:22AM
Ah little dog the Ford already had a new engine on the stand to replace the one from ship before it went there so no worries it will be back and there will be it’s brother to come along with it. But I agree with you on how championships are won, however they aren’t always won by the best tractor Winking

Puller 7: to help educate you a bit the Ford is a true light pro, not a mod turbo. So your “A” pump issue is irrelevant here. Region 2 does have some good tractors, so does the east coast, ppl, badger state, ppl west and outlaws, all of which can win in region 2, Louisville or shipshewanna

Re: Best Light Pros in the country February 15, 2022 12:41PM
No two engines ever run the same, - EVER, even if built the same, just the Nature of the Beast.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country ones blue February 16, 2022 06:40AM
The Ford wasn’t on kill and all season long ran top 5 with multiple wins and everybody on here talkin all there crap about them keep crying. and as for the block failing this isn’t the first one to ever do it they ain’t making 2000 hp anymore 2800+ to be competitive just a couple years ago pro stock was making 3000hp with 680 ci and sigmas now a 540 with a 4.8 is making that some even more what kind of increase in cylinder pressure is that? 5000-6000 psi or more? does nobody remember when Kevin Lynn blew his block apart before going alky? Find the picture there wasn’t anything leftt. so nothing new a valve sticks and boom it’s over for anybody some are wilder then others Kent Payne a few years ago and the Cummins drag engine on the dyno video it happens people have been doing it for a long time hallf of you are keyboard pullers the others are have beens and the rest are butthurt the rumor was that they had a billet block at shipshewanna well that clearly wasn’t true now it’s “it was on kill” or “running hot fuel” get real it’s a badass ride get over it.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country ones blue February 16, 2022 06:55AM
Can I get some of what you are smoking? The Ford was middle of the pack at best all summer long on the PPLSilver Series.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country ones blue February 16, 2022 07:47AM
ICE T -your the only major problem, we all get to Express our opinions, - the proof is in the puddi'n my friend, what you see is what you get, not what you say. Words are only a simple verbal explanation of facts and truth, a picture(explosion), paints a much brighter history.

Re: Best Light Pros in the country ones blue February 16, 2022 09:45AM
Can I Get
Can I get some of what you are smoking? The Ford was middle of the pack at best all summer long on the PPLSilver Series.
The ford hooked 4 times with silver series out of 12 hooks
1st hook 10th
2nd hook 13th
3rd hook 2nd
4th hook 4th

Demented had the most wins with 3

7 different winners 8 different tractors garnered a 2nd

Weiderholds average finish was 6th

Re: Ice T February 16, 2022 11:01AM
Ice T:

Kevin told me he went to give it one more shot of either to get it up stairs that day if happened. I have a picture of it everything tipped off to the right side of the tractor. Hood stayed in 1 piece.

Re: Ice T February 19, 2022 05:37AM
Well looks like region 2 has been replaced….. PPL west/Outlaws appears to be the new kings

Re: Ice T February 19, 2022 04:47PM
Well looks like region 2 has been replaced….. PPL west/Outlaws appears to be the new kings

With only 1 R2 east tractor there, and 1 2W and one of which that hasn't really been much of a points finisher, is hardly a good representation of R2. Not taking anything away from the Iowa Boys! They ran very strong. Rich Johnson tractor has always been a good one.

Re: Ice T February 20, 2022 02:47AM
Anyone can wick them up for a weekend. Depends what you want, few wins and lots of wrenching or longevity and a shot at a championship. To each their own.

On an unrelated note. Congrats Rich Johnson and Shagnasty Crew. No better guys in the business.

Re: Ice T February 20, 2022 11:55AM
Shagnasty ran awesome. I heard some guys saying the hart diesel guys do all the wrenching on it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520