NMFS Sound February 15, 2022 12:59AM
I am really excited to get back to Louisville, but does anyone know if they fixed the sound system from 2020? The announcers were impossible to understand in the upper deck.

Re: NMFS Sound February 16, 2022 10:40AM
That would be a no.

Re: NMFS Sound February 16, 2022 12:52PM
Heard from a good friend that is there now, said PA system sucked, couldn't hear nothing !!!! You would think with not having one last yr they'd had plenty of time to fix/ redo/ install, do something !!!!

Re: NMFS Sound February 16, 2022 01:00PM
I heard it clearly from a friend who was there and I wasn't that they were happy with the sound............

Re: NMFS Sound February 16, 2022 01:24PM
I was there 2 years ago and sat 1 row from top near sand pile I could hear just fine starting to sound like some just need something to gripe about.

Re: NMFS Sound February 16, 2022 03:48PM
If you were tonight you would know that was not done well.

Re: NMFS Sound February 17, 2022 01:42AM
IH 5488
I was there 2 years ago and sat 1 row from top near sand pile I could hear just fine starting to sound like some just need something to gripe about.

Yep. That’s exactly it.

I was there two years ago, as well. I sat in the media pit and had difficulty hearing things at times. But with the removal of all of the ceiling tiles, I pretty much have to rely on the video boards to tell what most of the distances are this year.

Don’t think I’m ragging on the tractor pull bunch—it’s one of my favorites—but if we’re going to build it up as a prestigious pull, then the audio issues need to be addressed.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: NMFS Sound February 16, 2022 04:57PM
it was no good .

Re: NMFS Sound February 16, 2022 06:06PM
Has it ever been more than a echo chamber?

Re: NMFS Sound February 17, 2022 01:26AM
Everyone could hear the guy that sung the national anthem just fine (well done by the way)...... but you couldn’t hear chit anyone else said. It was almost like they were yelling into the microphone. Just play old Budweiser frog ads & forget about the rest. Lol

Re: NMFS Sound February 17, 2022 01:45AM
Miss Budweiser hydroplane on the bigscreen is still the best.

...errr

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!

CP

Re: NMFS Sound February 17, 2022 09:12AM
I agree they need to keep playing the frogs best commercial ever
Bud Bud Wise. Bud Wise Bud. Wise Er!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: NMFS Sound February 17, 2022 02:51AM
Sound is awful announcing is not done well we know what tractor tires are and there purpose we were at at tractor pull for goodness sakes. Farm show pull used to be an event we looked forward to and all your buddy’s wanted to go to now you can’t hardly give tickets away because it just isn’t a good show. Sled man killed and made the 2 tractor classes look awful last night and that needs to be addressed worse than the sound. Do better

Re: NMFS Sound February 17, 2022 12:09PM
I’m glad the farm show is back but it’s super disappointing to see nothing has changed, sound system is crap, concessions are crap, seats are still crap & sled setting have been inexcusable and ruined several classes.

Re: NMFS Sound February 17, 2022 03:15PM
Disappointed
I’m glad the farm show is back but it’s super disappointing to see nothing has changed, sound system is crap, concessions are crap, seats are still crap & sled setting have been inexcusable and ruined several classes.

Here is an idea and it's just an idea. Go to the fair board and tell them your disappointments.

Re: NMFS Sound February 17, 2022 04:08PM
I do wonder if part of it is the tiles being removed above the seats? Sound quality was better tonight compared to list night. Not as mush echo and reverberating going on. Someone is listing to this site.
Like Cody stated last night, no issues with the national anthem. Remainder of the show was rather sad. Maybe think of a team for live stream and for paying seats? Mears is fine on TV. The others are fine live.

Re: NMFS Sound February 18, 2022 12:40PM
Section 340 top row sound is horrible tonight sounds like I’m at a loud auction it would be better if they would not say a word

Re: Nfms 2022 sound February 19, 2022 08:17AM
I sat in the lower section near the announcer stand and didn’t understand a word.

I love nfms but the sound sucks.

All week it has been terrible sound.

Seriously a basic radio shack system would be better.

Re: Nfms 2022 sound February 19, 2022 08:39AM
I sat in the upper level and could hear Dan and Miles just fine. They did a good job. Dave Bennett seemed to be yelling into the microphone the whole time. I wish he'd just stay on the other side of the Mississippi.

Re: Nfms 2022 sound February 19, 2022 09:13AM
I’ve found it’s where you’re sitting and where the loud speakers are placed.

And, I’ll just say this about the announcers, which can be another subject, they’re a good mix and work well together. Dave’s Southern draw does make it hard to understand on the sound system in Freedom Hall, but if you’re in the right section - I’ve found it pretty enjoyable through 4 sessions.

Glad to hear Finals is SOLD OUT

Re: Nfms 2022 sound February 19, 2022 09:14AM
Maybe the upper sounded ok but the lower didn’t.

Re: Nfms 2022 sound February 19, 2022 09:45AM
Haven’t been a bale to understand anything but the signing where we are at I compare it to Charlie browns teacher

Re: Nfms 2022 sound February 19, 2022 11:58AM
That’s all Dave does. He doesn’t know when to be quiet. Worst part of the show

Re: Nfms 2022 sound February 19, 2022 12:26PM
The speakers are in the roof up high they need to be lower

Re: Nfms 2022 sound February 22, 2022 02:09PM
Height of the cabinets have nothing to do with it. If they are designed correctly. I said this a couple years ago that this building will be lucky to get a fresh coat of pain ever again. One of the biggest issue looks to be they took all the sound Absorption out when the took the drop ceiling out. This can cause the frequencies to bounce around and cancel each out. By moving the cabinets down you could actually make this problem worse. Due to the chance of the sound waves hitting the hard exposed roof of the building. If you notice all modern arenas have soft materials in the ceiling. They are there to kill the cross waves. Try doing sound in a convention hall with all exposed concrete. You eventually hit a DB level that will just makes everything unrecognizable.

This arena will be lucky to get any good system ever again since it no longer has a big ticket resident. The NFMS could bring in thier own system but that probably would cost over $100k for the week and and time to the rental of the building.

Very few house systems in arenas sound good and always done by the cheapest bidder because of the way government works

Re: NMFS Sound February 20, 2022 07:56AM
Do they do a sound check before?

Re: NMFS Sound February 20, 2022 09:38AM
Yes, they do a sound check. Ever since they removed the ceiling tiles the sound has been terrible.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NMFS Sound February 20, 2022 10:05AM
I heard this week that before next year there will be a completely new sound system in place , the renovations that were started in 2020 were put on hold due to covid... yes it sucked but I thought the show was overall great! Hopefully next year will be even better looking Forward to what the fair board and tractor pull committee put together for 2023

Re: NMFS Sound February 21, 2022 01:41PM
Every year same endless complaining about the same problems. Either go and enjoy the show or stay home.

Re: NMFS Sound February 20, 2022 12:26PM
I have been sitting in 305 for more than 20 years with several others and this year was the worst sound system ever. The Anthem was great but could not hear introductions or any thing else all 5 sessions. Announcing may have been good but I will never know just a roar. Would be better if nothing was said. No top 3 was put up on south wall and half time they did not display who was pulling. Saturday I complained at ticket office and talked to event coordinator, they were aware of problem. I told them I would not renew until sound was fixed. Maybe all ticket holders should let them know. Doyle

Re: NMFS Sound February 20, 2022 12:43PM
Exactly

Re: NMFS Sound February 20, 2022 02:08PM
I was there Friday and Saturday. My tickets had me all over in the upper level. Best sound was on the finish line end but still not great. I had a buddy along who hasn't been to a pull in a really long time and it was a local fair pull, never been to a grand national pull. He loved the show but his complaint was sound obviously and announcing. I kind of agree with him. There was allot of dead air especially when switching classes and setting up the awards. I like the 3 guys they have, they are very knowledgeable especially Miles and Dan but they can be a bit dry and don't really feed off each other or get excited. Crowds feed off the announcers. I didn't think they involved or played off the crowd much until last night in the finals with the last couple pro stocks it was a bit too late and the crowd wasn't buying in. Could interview drivers more too especially with 3 announcers. I am pretty spoiled though Badger states got some of the best announcers.

The concessions on the upper level sucked. Saturday afternoon the staging side had nothing for food other than cotton candy and popcorn. Had to walk around to the other side and wait in line with the entire upper level. The soda options were none or very lacking depending where you looked.

Re: NMFS Sound February 21, 2022 12:35AM
It's kinda hard to feed off the announcers when you can't hear them. I think that is the biggest problem.

Re: NMFS Sound February 21, 2022 04:36AM
Pullfreek2 I,m not sure what show you were listening to but Leslie had the clearest voice of anyone. And her knowledge is very extensiveness. I thought she did a great job in every aspect of the pull. However you certainly are entitled to your opinion.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: NMFS Sound February 21, 2022 05:01AM
I must have been at a different pull because I never seen or heard her not that I could have heard anything anyway

Re: NMFS Sound February 21, 2022 12:04PM
Leslie only announced on Wednesday and Thursday, and since they had four announcers those nights they all had limited time on the mic.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NMFS Sound February 20, 2022 03:18PM
The only announcer I had in problem with is Leslie Mears. Keep her in drag boat racing and other sports and leave her out of tractor pulling. Annoying voice and she makes some wacky crazy comments that are not true. Got all the respect for her husband Jonathan and I like the other announcers but keep her home.

Re: NMFS Sound February 21, 2022 01:43AM
Completely disagree! I thought Leslie added value to the show and doesn't have an annoying voice either. I also didn't hear anything that she said that was not true and she has a lot of knowledge in the sport.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: NMFS Sound February 21, 2022 04:58AM
Couldn't really hear any of the announcers from 100 section. So Leslie was the best one because
she's the only cute redhead. Was more upset about big and little screens not being updated as pull(s)
went on. Top three runs and name/distance of puller on track made it like an old kung fu movie. lol

Re: NMFS Sound February 21, 2022 05:12AM
We sit in the lower arena finish line area and couldn't hardly hear Miles. Not sure what it was but we could hear the others fine.

Re: NMFS Sound February 22, 2022 02:59AM
That is funny because the people I was sitting and talked to all said she is annoying.

Re: NMFS Sound February 22, 2022 06:57AM
A bad sound system is going to give everyone a "less than you paid for" experience.
I'm a bit surprised they haven't concentrated their effort more on keeping the signboards up to date or a phone app if they can't get a better sound system design.

Re: NMFS Sound February 22, 2022 08:02AM
I just watched a warm up video in broadbent and you could hear the announcers clear as a bell in the background so I guess the pullers in there knew more about what was going on than we did

Re: NMFS Sound February 22, 2022 08:38AM
Pullfreek 2 ----- all my friends here think that you are annoying.

Re: NMFS Sound February 22, 2022 01:59PM
There is a great big cat out there and he keeps going bang bang bang.
This one time at band camp.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,640, Posts: 229,706, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520