ITPA farm stock class February 22, 2022 06:28AM
With all these smaller groups growing and what appears to be taking events from the ITPA, will the ITPA put in a class for the Farm Stock tractors. The UPA, ISP, IFPA have brought these tractors into their shows and from what I has saw, makes a good even. Would the ITPA go back to its roots and add the "Farm Sock" with no water and factory style pumps? Or will the ITPA stay with the same ol same ol and not add to their show? Love to hear other pullers and spectators views. Thank you.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 22, 2022 07:45AM
Be really great if itpa would put a farmstock class back in. There’s plenty of tractors that would pull if they would use a common set of rules that are all ready out there. IPA has a farmstock class that can have up to 12-20 tractors on a good night. Have seen where itpa whole show would have barely 20-25 hooks at some places in past. Think Itpa should consider a farmstock class.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 22, 2022 02:02PM
Safe to say that if itpa were to reintroduce a farm stock class of some sort, it will be doomed from the start. They have tried this in the past and yet they have no farm stock class today.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 22, 2022 02:06PM
Before I say anything more, please define "farmstock".

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 04:15AM
"Farmstock" is just a word everyone throws around for tractors that look like tractors. So what I was referring to would be like. Factory appearing fuel pump, 2.45 max turbo inlet, NO injectables (water or meth or combination), top cut but no front cut tires, 20.8x38 or 18.4x42s and stay around that 11,000 to 12,500 pound weight. .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2022 04:15AM by Farmpulltown.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 01:11PM
Farmpulltown
"Farmstock" is just a word everyone throws around for tractors that look like tractors..

Yeah that's what I figured. lol Now with that said I suggest that you get ahold of an ITPA board member and tell that board member what you would like to add to ITPA. It won't happen for 2022, I guarantee it. The reason I know that is because these decisions have to be made during the annual meeting that happens in December of every year. You will have to start working on it now for 2023. They will want to know how many tractors you will bring and normally that number is 10 in order to start a new class. Not 10 members but 10 TRACTORS. So if you want this class in ITPA and ITPA books this class at say Anna, Illinois (example only) the same night that UPA books this class at the McLean County fair, where will you go? Just asking.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 03:31AM
Supertiquer read the first post. The associations that run these rules are listed. Look them up

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 04:21AM
OLY, they are listed. And for the most part, the groups are close. There are only so many people pulling tractors, if you make the rules SOOO different in each association, then pullers have to choose one group over the other. If they would simply make it so Oly's tractor fits rules for three different groups. Oly can pull three different events in a week with three different groups and everyone wins.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 04:32AM
I agree! We have the same problem here in Mn. Everyone running different rules and you can't travel. Currently its basically killed off two groups in the area.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 01:29PM
Oly
Supertiquer read the first post. The associations that run these rules are listed. Look them up

I am a member of ITPA and I was a member of ISP until this year. 2022

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 04:18AM
Jake, the thing is all these other groups are doing it and growing in popularity, if the ITPA would kinda do the same rules as another group and guys could jump back and forth on whatever night one has an even and the other doesn't. But the biggest thing is, make it so guys want to come pull with the ITPA. Right now, it just seams to me they dont want to change anything, they want the same 6 tractors in some classes and that's it. Look at their result, some classes have 10 and some have 6. I have been to a lot of their pulls, their tractor numbers are dropping. JUST my opinion

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 24, 2022 08:09AM
In my opinion, you are underestimating the itpa’s abilities.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 06:01AM
The rules you are suggesting are totally different than IPA and ISP "Farmstock" and "Too Hot to Farm" rules IPA requires stock appearing pump but they are running 3" "slugged" turbos ISP runs P Pumps, dual port water injection and a box S362 turbo both associations are 3000RPM and allow extended frames but they are making 700-850HP I would suggest conforming to one of these two associations rules that would help make it a more regional class and give pullers options to pull all over the state. Southwest Wisconsin pullers and South Central WI pullers also have similar rules to ISP. These guys all put on a great show in Shipshewana this year running a mixed class the 6 feet separated 1st to 6th place in the finals.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 06:06AM
forgot to add the cubic inches

IPA allows up to 505 or stock cubic inch for make and model
ISP is 470 Cubic inch with 2% tolerance

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 06:26AM
Central Illinois, I would respectfully disagree. When you go with injectables, 500+ cubic inch engine and a very large 3" turbo it is what ITPA already has as the Limited pro farm class. I was kinda thinking more along the lines of the 466 cubic inch engines like some of the other groups. The other groups that are allowing water, are not really what I was thinking for the "Farm" class. I was thinking more of a toned down, 23-25mph class. Staying with the fans still saying, I used to run one like that kinda class. It seams to me there are a lot of 466 cube tractors and not as many with the bigger cubes. And as far as the wisconsin guys, they just keep making more and more rules to make more and more power. At what point do you say, well we are now faster and stronger the the super farms?

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 07:15AM
To farmpulltown. Ipa has the class your talking about 23-26 mph 466 cubic to 505 yes a 6030 can run 531 but not a 619. They are running larger turbos but should be slugged down to a 2.33 inducer. I think if itpa come up with a farmstock class. If itpa would make a farmstock class with rules like IPA and ISP. Whatever other organization that are similar to these two rules it be a hit with many. Lots of people like a class that goes fast blows smoke and looks like a tractor they grew up with in the farm

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 07:37AM
Farmpulltown how about stock core pumps (13mm Rotary 12MM A pump) S300 sealed certified box charger no water no cooler stock frame and wheelbase. 466 cubic inch.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 07:50AM
So will someone enlighten me on why itpa would want another 466 international class? They have enough red classes.... argue all you want but everyone knows that's what it'll be... no offense to anybody with a red tractor but from a fans point of view that's really boring seeing 25 -1066s all pull the same distance

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 08:08AM
Why not 466 cubes make sense pretty much every color has a motor around that cubic inch( Ford, Allis, Case) and I think the guys in the ISP too hot class would disagree about it being an "international" class i think the points champ the last 3 years has been a deere. why allow big block deeres in to dominate just on cubic inch alone

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 11:26AM
puller
Why not 466 cubes make sense pretty much every color has a motor around that cubic inch( Ford, Allis, Case) and I think the guys in the ISP too hot class would disagree about it being an "international" class i think the points champ the last 3 years has been a deere. why allow big block deeres in to dominate just on cubic inch alone

The ipa 531 block Deere’s don’t dominate they are tough but can be beat by a 466. There’s strong running 466s in the IPA that win and complete there’s strong 505 red ones too. But to say a 466 can’t compete with a bigger cubic in a farmstock class is wrong. Itpa needs a class to fall in between the 6850 profarm and the profarm class.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 08:09AM
Well, pulling fan, to be honest... these are the classes that bring whole families to the fair. When someone starting out in pulling, pulling one of these tractors, they have a family behind them and will bring 10 to 12 people to the pull. That is gate money for the fair and makes the ITPA seam like a better show, when attendance goes up. Granted people that want to see big power and smoke, will always go. But when you bring friends from different towns to come see their buddy or co worker pull. That just brings in more money for everyone. As far as the mostly red, I would disagree, I have saw some whites, John Deere's and I am pretty sure I have saw a pretty hot Ford running around the state. I don't know for sure, but do you have to only sign up with ONE association or can you run with a bunch of different groups.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 08:15AM
not sure what would be required but any safety equiptment is a good idea i could see rops, sideshields, cert clutch, wheelie bars, dead man throttle, tie bars, and RPM pickup i mean all that stuff is relatively easy to do yourself and inexpensive

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 08:26AM
Farmstocker, I agree safety equipment is a HUGE have to have, in my opinion any time you hook to a sled. Very dangerous sport and people dont think about that.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 08:04AM
Farmstocker, I like that. That seams more in line with the wording.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 08:06AM
Not sure, but won't ITPA's insurance require farm stock tractors to basically be built to the same safety specs as a 4.1, even if they run 10mph?

Looked into USPA insurance a year or 2 ago and got this back:

All tractor classes must have SFI roll cage along with all the safety
equipment that a 4.1 tractor would have. The rpm classes and mph
classes included. Exception would be - dropping back to stock engine
rpms (which they probably won't like), then you can run a ROPS along
with all the other driver safety equipment.

Mike Miller, USPA President

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 08:13AM
Insurance, actually that is what I was more thinking. More of the ROPS and 2750 or 2800 rpm and run that way. I DO NOT know insurance and probably never will. I was trying to start a conversation and maybe--by chance--hopefully someone with the ITPA will see it and say..... maybe this deserves a discussion in the group.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 09:29AM
Where is F30-Puller when you need him? Hot

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 03:11PM
Lol I'll sit this one out. Nobody will listen anyway.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 03:47PM
F-30puller
Lol I'll sit this one out. Nobody will listen anyway.

Oh nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Join in on the "fun"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Smiling

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 10:09AM
IPA runs 2750 rpms btw. Even at ship they only get 2750 now. No injectables. Stock wheel base.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 23, 2022 12:00PM
ITPA had a good farm stock class before the intercoolers. There was red, green, blue & orange color tractors in the class. Before the intercoolers, we had good numbers in the class. We tried to tell them, the intercoolers would add a lot of expense to the tractors and we would be pulling for the same purse. When the numbers dwindled down to as low as 3 in the class, I tried to re-introduce the farm stock class the way it was. It fell on deaf ears. I tried, gave up and walked away.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 24, 2022 03:56AM
I've followed ITPA for many years and I believe they have done very well in providing a well rounded choice of classes for the area they put on a show for. My opinion is that I would like to see them with just one profarm class at a weight of around 10k pounds and maybe find an in-between cubic inch range somewhere between 510-540 cubes which could open up a possible entry level "farmstock" class. I think the heavy profarm class has gotten a bit out of hand as it might as well have 24.5 rears and be in the 4.1 class with a turbo upgrade. But if they don't change anything they will still do fine. Well ran organization.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 26, 2022 05:17AM
ITPA never did away with the farmstock class. It evolved into 9500 profarm. Most farm stock classes have or will sooner or later evolve into the same thing. I started out with a rotary pump farmstock, I have absolutely no desire to go backwards. Having run both classes I can attest that farmstock was no cheaper, and had far less safety.

Re: ITPA farm stock class February 26, 2022 02:00PM
Proshawnss
ITPA never did away with the farmstock class. It evolved into 9500 profarm. Most farm stock classes have or will sooner or later evolve into the same thing. I started out with a rotary pump farmstock, I have absolutely no desire to go backwards. Having run both classes I can attest that farmstock was no cheaper, and had far less safety.

Good post and you nailed it!

Re: ITPA farm stock class March 01, 2022 10:53AM
Dang it..... ITPA 9500FS wasn't really a "farmstock" class or a "profarm" class. I agree with the not going backwards. What about us that didn't want to move up? The vote per tractor was against the coolers. That's not how it works though the vote was per member. Some "tractors" had 3 votes. That's the way it goes. Priced the change over to profarm and no it was not the same price.I don't see how building a complete new engine is as cheap as using the one you have. Now even the ipa "farmstock" is more expensive than that was. Ppumps are way cheaper than the m100's on those. No 466 IH's are not competitive in the ipa fs class anymore. At least not top 5. Those are all 505's.

Re: ITPA farm stock class March 06, 2022 06:18AM
The ITPA farm stock class the way it was in 2010 was where the rules should have stopped, the class had all the safety equipment, making decent horsepower and speed. I can't remember but i am almost certain the turbo rule was not smooth bore at that point and that was probably one that should have been put in. Intercoolers are cool and fun horsepower but in reality though the profarm class is no entry level ride. ITPA farmstock was not cheap either if you wanted to run up front, contrary to popular belief at the time the select few that were always having T/A issues, and engine overhauls supposedly, were not doing their own wrenching, i ran the same engine setup from 2002-2009 except for pump and turbo and i think we rolled bearings into the bottom end in 2008 for that fuzzy warm feeling of knowing they were new. I remember feeling like that was a waste of time and money at that.

I would not go pulling either though at any local hand picked, rules as we go, $75 to win, you gotta be cheating brush pull. I always wanted uniform rules for every person and an association that would back them up. It was good clean fun but i have had 10+ years now to sit out and watch and think back at all the things i seen happen after the fact. Several instances of funny WTF moments happened in the class.

If there ever was a class local to me now that had rules similar to that of the past i would bring the tractor back out, It is mainly too far past farm stock rules now with a different chassis and cage. I might as well debut it as a 4.1 LPS in its next appearance.

F-30 puller i dont have your number anymore or Id give you a call!

Re: ITPA farm stock class March 06, 2022 07:25AM
Is your number still the same? My tractor is sold off. Just didn't have the time or $$$ anymore. IPA farmstock is way more expensive than 9500 fs ever thought about being. Up until this winter it still had the same bottom end I bought it with. Even then all it had was a different head and s&p's (505) after it was sold. New owner had some issues. New trans. and a clutch which both were in it when I bought it in '09. Same builder as some of those owners just no "super tuning" after it got home. Did I win... No never won with that tractor but like you said that class was the most fun I ever had pulling.

I think he did have to replace the ta too. He is making way more hp than I ever did. You need over 1000 on the dyno to compete in that class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,673, Posts: 229,771, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,944.

Our newest member Jason