NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 09:17AM
Besides the horrible sound system at the Championship Tractor pull in Louisville. The laser light show should not be allowed during the singing of the National Anthem. It is a disgrace to our Flag and all the men and women who have served, bled and died defending our country. When the Anthem is being performed you are supposed to stand, remove your hats and give reverence to the Flag. All the laser freak show does is take away from the Anthem and why we do this. Save the laser freak show for a disco club or rock concert. Other than that, it was one of the best pulls I've ever seen in freedom hall other than the superfarm see who can plow into the sand the hardest class. I still say Mr. Butts on the Press On ride, got a bad shake. Other than that it was a great pull with the sled operator doing a fantastic job.

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 09:38AM
The laser show was after the anthem. The only lights that were on were some red, white, and blue lights but there was no flashing of any kind during the anthem. I'm not sure what you saw that I didn't. As far as the super farm class, Lee just didn't go far enough. I don't like when they add a pulloff distance part way through a class and kind of felt he got left out at first too. When it ended up Silsby missed too, I thought it was fair. Superfarm was actually 1 of the best classes of the week.

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 11:05PM
What Lasers, Lee Butts was in the sand pile at over 242 feet and lifted to keep from damaging his tractor. So how can you say "he didn't go far enough" when he was already in the pile and there were no announcements saying that you have to bury your tractor in the sand pile to the tune of 244 feet to make the pull off until after he already pulled? All I'm saying is that he got a bad shake.

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 10:01AM
Laser was on Saturday night during the anthem and I agree it was a disgrace
Save your money on the laser and buy some good speakers and score board

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 10:15AM
Long as its sold our or close to it,why improve anything

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 10:22AM
I would like to believe that you are making a joke. If not, that actually what's wrong with pulling. Why try and make it better? No other company or sport that wants to survive would take the lazy approach.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 10:48AM
I thought it was kinda cool as I watched it live stream to see something different, with images of tractors on the track during the Lazer show.

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 11:44AM
Is it a disgrace when they do a flyover at BG? I think it’s a great improvement and something that brings a different look AND sound to a Super Bowl / Championship type event. It’s called ENTERTAINMENT. You wonder why truck and tractor pulling is dying? Keep things the way they are….

I remember in 2022 when the stadium lights would flash when they hit the sandpile … kinda liked that too

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 12:31PM
The music whas the disgrace part of the light show what a choice for a farm show some one on meth must have chose it

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 12:46PM
some of you need an ambulance ride to Urgent Care to get the corn cob wedged in your backside removed I didn't like the lasers but a lot did so they must be doing something right

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 23, 2022 07:53AM
I'm pretty sure, in my mind, nothing was a "disgrace". There's nothing wrong with mixing it up, putting a little "flare" in the Championship Tractor Pull. Like others have said, SOLD OUT Friday AND Saturday ... Seemed pretty tasteful and patriotic to me. Nothing wrong in my eyes.

Seems like a lotta old farts yelling "Get off my lawn".

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 01:43PM
If yal would have paid attention to what the light was actually doing during the anthem instead of thinking how to be a keyboard warrior when you got home you would have realized that the lights were of a bald eagle flying in each corner of freedom hall.... just saying!

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 01:53PM
I was paying attention and what I saw was a mess , after reading some of this stuff though I’m beginning to think I was dreaming because what I saw and heard was horrible other than the pull itself and that’s what matters it was probably the best run pull I’ve seen but there’s no excuse with today’s technology to not be able to hear or read what’s going on
PS
National anthem singers all done great !

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 01:59PM
You wasnt dreaming and spot on people beside of me said what kind of @#$%& music is that junk

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 03:17PM
Share cropper, you just confirmed my statement in OP. you were distracted by a @#$% show when you should have been looking at the flag. Thats the problem with this country today, people have lost sight of the things that this country was founded on have no respect for what the flag stands for or even know anything about our United States Flag. Otherwise why even bother standing and removing our hats if you are more interested in a @#$%^ show? Just saying. To many have given it all for us to not pay appropriate reverence to our flag when the Anthem is performed. Thats all I am going to say on the subject, so do as you wish, but think about the lives who defended that flag throughout history. Just saying.

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 11:03PM
To all who think they know all ,make sure you go up to section 340 top row during the anthem next time and then tell me how unpatriotic I am when you have lasers in your face the whole time,you have no clue and my 2 sons will confirm this

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 22, 2022 11:33PM
In 2020 when they first did the laser show during the national anthem it was projected on the track which I thought was a better idea. I wondered about those sitting up near the sections where they were lasering this year. I am 55 years old have never done meth or any other drugs and enjoy the laser show and the music. Kinda gets you in the mood for smoke,noise and power! I totally agree we need to breath alittle life in things her and there.

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 23, 2022 12:01AM
Tr4940, how can you see the smoke when they have a smoke tube sucking all the smoke out?

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 23, 2022 12:09AM
All I’m getting out of this post is: me, me, me, meeeee. It seems posters here forget that people like different things, some like spark plugs, some like black smoke, some like superfarm and some like diesel trucks. I like that type of music and I don’t care for country music. I liked the super bowl halftime show it better suited my tastes but George strait would have been ok too. I can focus on the anthem and the flag regardless of the distraction. The light show is a good addition and I for one would like to see it continue.

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 23, 2022 01:45AM
I agree, the light show was cool and it was different from years past. Credit to who ever make it happen!

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 23, 2022 02:36AM
How was the old saying, ---------YOU'D COMPLAIN IF YOU GOT HUNG WITH A NEW ROPE !!!!!

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 23, 2022 10:41AM
Do I like the Laser Lights show? No. Not even a little. It's only been around for a few years and it already seems really, really dated. To me it seems like playing Pong compared to a new video game. Even though the laser light show is new it already feels as dated as Lee Greenwood's Proud to be and American opening. But that's just my taste. The laser show doesn't bother me, it's just a couple of minutes that feel like a waste of time but I know others like it so I really don't care if they do it. That said, I don't think there was anything disgraceful about it. For all but one session it was done separate of the national anthem (accompanied by a hit from 1989... 1989!, yes a 33 year old song to go with the laser light show). I don't see how having it during the national anthem is any different than having the stadium lights turn red, white, and blue, or have the stadium lights pulse to the singers notes... in fact the laser lights show is almost all red, white, and blue with a giant bald eagle projected on the walls. It seems pretty patriotic to me.

Personally I'd love to see some minor tweaks to the show with most of the intro stuff being done away with... during the show I love to see a bright track with a dark stadium (like some of the European indoor pulls) just to change the atmosphere in the arena and to make it feel more like a concert... it keeps the spotlight on the true stars of the show, the vehicles. That's just my $.02

To each their own... during the Chicago Blackhawks games they cheer nonstop during the anthem. Most places stand in silence and listen. How the fans in Chicago do the anthem is different but it's not more or less appropriate than anywhere else.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 23, 2022 12:08PM
Thunderstruck by AC/DC is the lead single on the band's 1990 album Razors Edge. Sorry, just couldn't let that slide.
Funny no one was bothered by the lack of announcing the start of the Pledge of Allegiance. Rearranging the video
to have Proud to Be An American followed by the Pledge and then the National Anthem would be an improvement.
Lazer light show can be reserved for less exciting sporting events. AC/DC should be played as loud as humanly
possible whenever you get the chance !

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 24, 2022 02:21AM
All I know was the audio of it being piped into Broadbent at the same time I was videoing Sullivans starting up The Kentuckian was perfectly timed for the whomp whomp film.

CP

Re: NFMS Laser light show disgrace February 26, 2022 01:41AM
This was one of the best tractor pulls in years!!! everything went really smooth. Awesome sled settings. The super farm class was one of the best all week. We saw some amazing runs. The finals should have been started over after Lee lifted to not destroy his front end. The qualifiers seemed evenly matched and a good group of tractors. I think for super farms it would be nice to allow intercoolers. half of the group runs them nightly. I personally would like to see 1 less class of pro stocks and more of another. The 4 classes a night worked very smoothly. awesome show. I know as a competitor the Thunder Struck song pumped me up! keep it in the show!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520