Best way to randomize pulling order? February 23, 2022 05:06AM
Our group is looking to simplify the sign in process to help pulls run smoother.

Is anyone using a creative way to randomize the pulling order without coming to the sign up stand and drawing numbers etc??

Thanks!

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 23, 2022 05:13AM
There is a computer program out there we use that does random order after everyone's added into the list. I cant remember off hand what its called it was around $250

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 23, 2022 05:34AM
Tracker Pull Computer Program

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 23, 2022 05:43AM
Bingo thats the one!

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 23, 2022 05:46AM
Easy to do within Excel.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 23, 2022 06:23AM
If you don't want to go the software route, I see names just get added on the sheet first come first serve in the classes and then at the drivers meeting they pull a poker chip or a bingo ball or whatever and that number is #1 in order and you go down the sheet from there and then back to the top.

CP

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 23, 2022 06:34AM
It's easy to do after everyone has signed in. There's a aps on the phone that will do this. The problem is when you try to assign the order as pullers are signing in. That doesn't work (even though lots of clubs do it).

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 23, 2022 07:38AM
We use a random number generator from 1-1000, use excel or google sheets, assign whatever number they generate next to their name, then sort the completed class list from lowest to highest.

Real simple. We use google sheets, we can link this to our website to update live. This way pullers, fans can see real time results and pulling orders, rather than bug the sign up girls or line up guys every 30 seconds.

It also allows us to print multiple copies of the line ups for techs and announcers to have at their disposal.

Best part is its free and customizable.

---

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 23, 2022 08:32AM
That's a really good idea. You could even make the Google doc sharable and then anyone with a link could view it... anytime and anywhere. You could have a separate doc for each class or they could be different tabs at the bottom. It could even automatically enter the random number. Smart thinking!

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 24, 2022 03:55AM
There's coding you can get from a google sheet to make it just read only to post on your website.

Look at our results page www.ecipa.net. This shows you how we do it, I'd like to tweak the sizing a little bit, but I'm no web designer and can't figure it out without screwing a bunch of things up.

---

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 24, 2022 11:06PM
I'll 2nd pulling hub

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 24, 2022 12:26AM
Check out www.pullinghub.com this is used for indoor garden tractor pulls. seems to work out extremely slick.

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 24, 2022 05:47AM
Can someone post or send me a copy of their spreadsheet or google sheet. that sounds slick.

Re: Best way to randomize pulling order? February 24, 2022 10:09AM
Take a look at this link, it's very simple. 2021 Marengo, IA Results

Below is a link that shows a screenshot that our secretary works from during the pull.

[drive.google.com]

---

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,707, Posts: 229,811, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro