Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 01, 2022 01:37AM
Pro Pulling League is debuting a new pull this year, and it looks like they have big aspirations for this event. Norwalk, OH July 21st-23rd. 5 sessions. This may be PPL's first ever 5 session pull. No doubt looking to mirror pulls like Tomah, WI and Bowling Green, OH. That weekend is also the same weekend that has hosted the Lion's Super Pull of the South in Chapel Hill, TN for NTPA. This pull, along with Tomah and Bowling Green is NTPA's only other Super National pull. This weekend has usually been a blank spot (I think? Maybe Evansville??) for PPL. This has allowed for some elite crossover action that we typically see at big pulls. Boyds brough their mods to Chapel Hill, Sheltons brought their mods and minirods to Chapel Hill, Rob Russell has been at the past 2 Chapel Hill events, Simons brought their prostocks las year, and there is also a ton of crossover in the minirod class. Obviously no crossover in superstock diesel unless Ross is just feeling nostalgiac. We also rarely see any crossover in the four wheel drive truck class. That rounds out the classes at Chape Hill.

My question for fans, drivers, broadcasters, announcers, promotors, and enthusiasts is this: How will Norwalk impact Chapel Hill? I for one definitely don't anticipate to see any of the names I listed above at Chapel Hill this year. Another wildcard would be Braden Shramek who is a bit of a free lancer anymore. He seems to go PPL over NTPA a little, but also really seems to enjoy coming to Chapel Hill. Will Chapel Hill be less of a show due to Norwalk? Or will it continue to be a "If you build it, they will come." Scenario. Lots and lots of good NTPA unlimited mods still out there such as Wayne Purser, and Billy Biers. With the Simons and Rob Russell out of the picture, does Rhett Parish and his new (massive) El Nino see this as a golden opportunity at a big pay day?

Give me your thoughts.

PS- This isn't a rivalry post about NTPA and PPL. Don't tell me one is dying or one is the classic or one is innovative. Let's just live in the moment and talk about what we think we will see that weekend. Should be an AWESOME weekend of pulling.

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 01, 2022 01:57AM
I'm sure it will have some sort of impact but shouldn't have an issue getting numbers in all the classes. I will be going to Norwalk this year and look forward to seeing how things go there. Would be a big win for PPL to get a 5 session event on their schedule.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 01, 2022 02:58AM
I personally will be at Norwalk and look forward to enjoying this new pull. If run correctly this could be a huge event both this year and in the future. Everything so far looks extremely positive.

As for Chapel Hill, they'll have all the NTPA precommits but that'll be it. I don't see this having an impact on Chapel Hill outside of the fact that PPL guys who normally would have attended will not.

And you will not see a Russ Nichols being able to compete for points on both circuits successfully

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 01, 2022 03:48AM
Not sure what Norwalk and Chapel Hill have to do with Russ.

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 01, 2022 04:52AM
Isn't Chapel Hill invitation only if you are not a NTPA points runner?

Chapel Hill TN to Norwalk OH is almost 550 miles apart....

How did "Simon's and Russell get out of the picture",...?

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 01, 2022 05:21AM
Simons pull for points with PPL. They only ran a select few NTPA events last year.

Rob Russell has pulled for points pretty much exclusively every year over the past decade. Last year was a bit of an anomaly that had a lot to do with Mound City, MO getting rained out. I just anticipate to see them leaning back towards PPL, but who knows?

And great question about invites. I do not know the answer to that. I do know NTPA released a competitors list prior to the pull last year. The whole thing could essentially be invite only??

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 01, 2022 11:20AM
No TWD @ Chapel Hill

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 01, 2022 04:58AM
I think most know where I'll attend! So I'll just be nice and say an early "Happy Easter" to everyone!! lol

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 02, 2022 03:51AM
This pull will not mirror Tomah or Bowling Green if it is only a single track show...which is what I am expecting(wish that they could fit 2 tracks). It will not rival Bowling Green but I do expect it to be a great show because the Baders always put on a good show. I am worried about the quality of the track, the speed of the show and the split of the pullers in the PS, PPL Mod/NTPA Unlimited and Mini classes.

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 02, 2022 04:50AM
I expect the final product to not match the hype. 300% because of it only being a one track show. I fully believe the baders and ppl to put a full effort to make it as good as it can be but the HUGE limiting factor will be the one track. Living very closely i would love to go and watch good pulling but with every session having at least one class of SF, TWD, or FWD Gonna have to save my money and go fishing instead

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 02, 2022 07:21AM
Based on what you are trying to say about this pull you must also think that Chapel Hill that same weekend must be a pretty bad show because it's a single track. Also, not sure how many pulls you get to attend if you stay home if the pull has SF, TWD, or FWD.

Brent Yaron

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 02, 2022 11:59AM
I do not know for a fact that it will be one track but i do know they cant fit 2 standard size tracks within the boundaries of a drag track. So because of that my assumption was one track. They could build dirt up over top of the concrete walls i guess but that seems like a stretch.

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 02, 2022 12:07PM
Drag strip lanes are 60 feet wide. A pulling track is to be no less than 30 feet. Tell me again how they can't fit two tracks there?

Brent Yaron

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 02, 2022 10:59PM
It's my understanding that they are building two tracks in the back of the grounds. In the grassy parking area.

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 03, 2022 01:57AM
According to their website when you go to purchase tickets, it seems they will be using the staging area and into the starting line of the lanes.

Brent Yaron

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 03, 2022 12:39AM
That and the wall sections at Norwalk can be moved.

CP

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 03, 2022 02:18AM
well that is fantastic news! hope you boys are correct, i thought for sure drag strip was too narrow

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 02, 2022 07:31AM
I happen to know for a fact there are three big sleds scheduled for the Norwalk event....

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 02, 2022 07:19AM
How do you know it will only be one track? Did anyone tell you?

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 02, 2022 02:09PM
I believe that it will be 2 tracks because of the information that Logan has shared about 3 sleds. Why do you need 3 sleds for a single track event? I'm guessing 2 tracks with one sled each and a backup sled for either track. Thats my thoughts.

Re: Chapel Hill, TN (NTPA) & Norwalk, OH (PPL) April 03, 2022 05:38AM
I was just looking on google earth at the lane constrictions...I didn’t know that they had removable walls far enough down track to build a pulling track. I’m hoping for a good show and being that it is only a couple hours away...I will probably try to make it to this pull.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520