The Puller's Championship April 22, 2022 01:37AM
Thinking about the Puller's Championship next May. One thing I find myself getting snagged on is 11 classes. To my understanding the schedule sits at running all 11 classes in 2 sessions. I wonder how that might affect the pace of the pull. I know the class size for each has been tightly managed, but that is still a lot of sleds being reset, weights being changed, vehicles being moved, classes potentially being restarted. Bowling Green roles a puller through every 3.2 minutes. Chapel Hill every 3.6 minutes. This is a rapid pace. I wonder if The Puller's Championship will be able to match this pace. I know Rockwell, IA with sights set on being a Super National pull has really emphasized this as well.

Hypothetically, IF they struggle with pace of pull I think the solution could have been to run a 4 session pull instead of 2. 5 classes in session 1 afternoon. 6 classes in session 2 night. Repeat on day 2. You would also then have the purse of 4 sessions instead of 2 going to the pullers.

I hope it works great! Just some Friday morning thoughts.

Re: The Puller's Championship April 22, 2022 02:14AM
The way they have the pull set up I don't believe there will be an issue with the pull slowing down or speeding up. It should run at a good pace and give the people a great show.

Re: The Puller's Championship April 22, 2022 02:35AM
Michael, we had a discussion on exactly those thoughts you are having. We determined for our first year to stick to two evening sessions as afternoon session generally don't go over well. All of us involved agreed that a 4 hour show is what we are aiming for and decided to start it at 6:00 in case things do run a bit longer. What we decided on is 10 classes of 12 and then a smaller class of 6 Semis. 120 on two tracks means 60 hooks on each track. That's 4 minutes in-between hooks. We have worked with Brandon Bungart and the lineup that has been posted is to allow the quickest time between changing classes. Essentially, we are moving up in weight in each class, or just a gear/trip change, so we are only having to load weight into the sled and not take any out. We believe that will help speed up between hooks. The only thing we are not in control of is breakage. We are hoping we can keep things running smoothly and be done around 10pm each night. Of course, with this being our first year we will learn a lot on what will work and what won't. Hopefully this kind of gives you an idea of our thought process on all of this.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: The Puller's Championship April 22, 2022 04:27AM
That sounds awesome! I appreciate the insight as well. Good luck!

Re: The Puller's Championship April 22, 2022 04:49AM
The other thing I forgot to mention is that we shouldn't have to worry about sled resets. We will make sure they aren't too heavy and there is 400 feet of usable track. We don't want them going that far, but means we can let them get out there a bit.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: The Puller's Championship April 24, 2022 07:50AM
I seen you have pulling orders posted for some classes. I love the pull and what you're doing. Pulling order shouldn't be done behind closed doors so to speak when pullers are also promoters of event with "BIGGEST" purse in pulling for some of these classes. Most pullers will agree this causes distrust and thoughts of deception whether there is or not. Pulling order can mean 1st or 8th depending on where you draw. My two cents as I didn't make the cut. Good Luck to all pullers who made it and Good Luck.

Re: The Puller's Championship April 24, 2022 08:08AM
Lim Pro Puller
Pulling order shouldn't be done behind closed doors so to speak when pullers are also promoters of event with "BIGGEST" purse in pulling for some of these classes. Most pullers will agree this causes distrust and thoughts of deception whether there is or not. Pulling order can mean 1st or 8th depending on where you draw.

Some pullers will still be distrusting even when you leave it to a computer-generated randomized draw performed right in front of their very eyes. You can't please all of the people all of the time, you can just hope to please most of the people all of the time.

I'm sure that with as well thought out as this event is, doing the draw beforehand was decided as the best route to go.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: The Puller's Championship April 24, 2022 08:35AM
Slow your roll dude. The 2 classes drawn were done on a livestream this past Thursday night and is visible on FB and YT. The other classes will be done the exact same way in the next 2 weeks.

If you have any questions, please contact any of us directly.

CP

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,745, Posts: 229,887, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM