Sealing Up Haslag Hitch on IH Rear July 04, 2022 03:59PM
Having trouble getting a new to me Haslag hitch to seal up on IH 66 series rear end. Hy-Tran leaks in center near the drawbar. Any tricks to get this to seal up and stay sealed? Thanks!

Re: Sealing Up Haslag Hitch on IH Rear July 04, 2022 04:30PM
That’s a common problem on all of those sheetmetal style hitches. Your best bet is to cut out a 1/8” aluminum plate & countersink some bolts to hold it to the rearend, then stick the hitch on. The aluminum plate will hold the oil while the flimsy sheetmetal hitch can bend, warp, & twist all it want too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2022 04:31PM by Cody.

Re: Sealing Up Haslag Hitch on IH Rear July 05, 2022 01:08AM
Go to your local Ford dealership parts counter and get a caulking gun tube of their Ultra Grey RTV sealant or go to an International truck dealership and get a tube of theirs. They are both very good at sealing Hy-tran leaks. Maybe the IH just a tick better, but both will do the trick. Worked on mine. Good luck.

Re: Sealing Up Haslag Hitch on IH Rear July 05, 2022 01:22AM
Make sure the sealing surface is clean and dry, bunch of black gasket maker, then Take the top cover off, and put a big bead around the inside and smooth it all out on the inside where it makes the seal and it should be good. At least I’ve had luck getting them to seal that way.

Re: Sealing Up Haslag Hitch on IH Rear July 05, 2022 04:20AM
Had same thing, the 1/2" bolt in the lower center; use a super thick washer or a 2x2 square1/4" plate under the bolt and good and tight, try this first ,don't work take it off and do the above, good and clean ,then put bolt and plate on

Re: Sealing Up Haslag Hitch on IH Rear July 05, 2022 08:11AM
get a tube of window caulking for a car 3m

Re: Sealing Up Haslag Hitch on IH Rear July 05, 2022 11:40AM
I had the same problem with my Haslag hitch on my Oliver. I ended up using a piece of .030 aluminum sheet metal with the right stuff to seal up the rear end. Then just bolted the hitch over the sheet metal. I've been leak free for 3 seasons now.

Re: Sealing Up Haslag Hitch on IH Rear November 05, 2022 10:44PM
is there a copper gasket for that

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,647, Posts: 229,714, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,068, Posts: 225,905.

Our newest member JD_8520