Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 19, 2022 11:51PM
What rules tend to draw the most entries for farm stock classes?

For example, true off-the-field, working pto, or a simple 6, 8, 10, 12 mph limit and not worry about how "stock"it is?
This may vary in different areas.

We see posts about different farm stock pulls and they all have different rules and names for classes (in Indiana, nobody uses the term "hobby stock" for example).

I'm curious which rules actually get good numbers of pullers to show up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2022 11:52PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 20, 2022 12:50AM
Tire rule and speed are the simplest by far,farm stock is a pretty loose term around here.

Re: Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 20, 2022 12:59AM
I've always looked at it as Out of the field is a mph class for farm tractors. I think Farmstock is similar with a 2.3 turbo limit but no speed limit. I like to watch what some of the mph tractors can do unleashed. But out of the field with a mph definitely draws mor tractors in our area.

Re: Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 20, 2022 02:41AM
I can remember back in the late 80s early 90s all the tractor pulls in our area had antiques and then a farm pull. Well the farm pull consisted of next to nothing for rules and you had farmer Joe bring the ole 1066 to town and then you had the tractors show up with 3” turbos and p pumps with nothing for safety equipment but it looked similar to farmer Joe. Everyone likes to see smoke but when you have farmer Joe come to town and get waxed by 100 feet the fun stops there. There use to be close to 20 pulls a summer within 60 mile radius of each other now there is maybe 5 if your lucky.

Re: Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 20, 2022 02:22AM
You will be hard pressed to get "out of field" farm stock tractors, turn the pump up when you go to a pull, turn it down to farm. You will beat a set of bones on a dead horse, arguing over what is "STOCK". If you want the old mc Donald farmer to bring the hay tractor, set the speed limit at 6mph and 18.4x34s for tires. 99.9% of those will be more chore tractors and if that's what you want, you might get 8 or so local guys. The crowd will be ok with it, cause it is their buddies or family. But if you want to bring in a crowd pleasing show, you do the open speed, no inline pumps, 2800 or 3000 rpm, 20.8x38/18.4x42 tires, 2.45/2.55" inlet on the turbo and cubic inch limit (that will kill or disqualify some and help others). That will please a lot in the crowd, but some pullers will have a problem with something, as we all know. If the heads of the associations could come together and get rules that would fit most, to all their pullers, everyone would be better off. When you can bounce from 4 or 5 associations and go to 3 or 4 events in a single week, everyone wins. But when you have some associations going bigger, you cant bounce back and forth. It boils down to who is asking for the classes, if its an association, you accommodate to your group of tractors, if a venue wants to bring in a crowd... you do local more farm chore tractors and off the street trucks. But unless you have someone checking every tractor and every truck for rules and making them run across the scales, this discussion is void anyway.

Re: Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 20, 2022 05:04AM
Where do you pull? How do the inline pumps compare to the ambac pumps? What is your cube limit? How much HP can you make with that i line and a 2.55. Sounds like a fun class.

Re: Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 20, 2022 05:29AM
No inline pumps? Looks like we have another 466 Ih puller who doesnt like color. Some tractors come with inline pumps.

Re: Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 20, 2022 06:02AM
I misread that! No Inline pumps! What a joke! Probably have the CI limit to keep 6030’s out while running a 966 with a 466 in road gear!

Re: Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 20, 2022 06:19AM
I tried to get a 466 Factory appearing pump 2.45 s300 sxe with water class together around here and no one wanted anything to do with it.
I think it would be a good time.

Re: Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 20, 2022 07:52AM
Where are you located?

Re: Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 20, 2022 07:56AM
Southwest Mn

Re: Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 20, 2022 11:19AM
Easiest way for a farm stock class is 8,10,or 12 mph at 3000 rpm. After that things get out of hand real fast! 700 cube big blocks is quite excessive for a “farm” class!

Re: Which "farm stock" rules tend to draw the most entries? July 20, 2022 01:07PM
10mph, 3000 rpm, and 11k, 12k, and 13k pounds seems to draw large numbers in NE Iowa. No need for pump, cube, or turbo limits with that speed limit.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,707, Posts: 229,810, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro