Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 16, 2022 01:50PM
Pretty [crappy] when pullers can’t get into pits to pull and get arrested. Major fail on Outlaws, should never have to struggle your way into a pull and put up with johnny law when you don’t know what you need and simply just needed help to get in. Caution to pullers going there tomorrow, might be easier to stay home!

Edited for language -JM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2022 01:35AM by John Murray.

Re: Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 16, 2022 03:06PM
So let’s hear the details? Who-what -where and why? Doesn’t sound like Outlaws have a thing to do with pit entry, that’s all rent a cop and ISF staff that controls that.

Re: Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 17, 2022 01:31AM
First outlaw show I have ever been to with that said it was well run and organized. Good equipment however I sat in pit side and announcing was not good could not hear names etc and distance’s and it was pricey fair charged $14 each and outlaws charged another $40 each for pit access. I was going back for second day but not at those prices.

Re: Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 17, 2022 01:38AM
Outlaws has nothing to do with the ticket prices, that would be the IA State Fair that sets that. $14 general admission to get into the fair (did you know even the pullers have to pay that) and $30 for ticket prices to watch the pull.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2022 01:39AM by Allen Ulmer.

Re: Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 17, 2022 01:55AM
Allen Ulmer
Outlaws has nothing to do with the ticket prices, that would be the IA State Fair that sets that. $14 general admission to get into the fair (did you know even the pullers have to pay that) and $30 for ticket prices to watch the pull.

I see Brooks and Dunn, Nelly, and Demi Lovato are playing this weekend. Will they and their road crews have to pay to get into the fair when they are providing paid entertainment?

Re: Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 17, 2022 02:25AM
Allen since you seem to have insight on outlaws can you update everyone on the condition of the flag man that was ran over by the skid loader operator?

Re: Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 17, 2022 04:21AM
Bmaxwell
Allen since you seem to have insight on outlaws can you update everyone on the condition of the flag man that was ran over by the skid loader operator?

Sorry I am unable to attend the ISF this year, so I did not see/hear anything that happened yesterday.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 17, 2022 06:30AM
Same here, not going today. There is not half the hooks anymore. 2 or 3 big classes and rest pretty small. Looks like about 30 hooks on each track today. 5 classes in one track and last 3 classes just have 4 each. This pull is way overpriced for what you are getting.

Re: Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 17, 2022 06:51AM
69 hooks for today according to the app, 78 on Tuesday. Some of us are still waiting on parts etc..

Re: Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 17, 2022 08:48AM
As a puller I'm sure nobody ask you or cares you went to the pull. There's absolutely no need for you to announce your departure. BYE!!!

Re: Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 17, 2022 02:47AM
Being from Iowa we were so happy to be pulling back at the Iowa State Fair. They are doing big things to improve from last year and are building the Elwell park to become a very very nice pulling facilities. But as pullers we don't seem to feel welcomed by the ISF staff. Hopefully this changes in the future. Im sure the main stage attractions don't get hassled around and charged $14 to get into the gate to perform for all the people that ISF is making money on.

Re: Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 17, 2022 11:59AM
Pulled at ISF over 25 years always paid outside gate. Were told ISF couldn't count us as paid admission otherwise. They added a day a few years back to get 1000000 in attendance.

Re: Pullers getting arrested at Pit gate at Iowa State Fair Outlaw Pull August 19, 2022 03:53AM
From what I heard, the reason for the arrest was for pushing an officer. Not sure of the other details leading up to that point, but with the amount of people trying to get into the fairgrounds to park, there really isn't a reason to be late.. I've seen pullers not being allowed to hook at past Outlaw hooks at the ISF, and it was from pullers being late.

As for the flagman, he is doing OK, but could have been way worse. Broken ribs, leg and knee cap. Strictly a wrong place at the wrong time.

The new facility is great, track could use some work yet in my opinion. But gotta remember, we're on year 2 of a completely new multi-use facility. Pricing is plenty steep, but that is 100% up to the ISF Fairboard.

---

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520