BG Roundup August 21, 2022 01:10AM
Another year in the books at Pulltown. Incredible shows all sessions! Crowd was definitely there this season - I’d be interested to see how it compared to previous years. I’ve got to think there was serious math going into a few of the ring winners this year as well! You wanna pick apart this or that, I get it. But I am talking overall.

Kudos to the blue shirts for making Saturday night happen. Greatly appreciated the effort all week but they really pulled it all out to get session 5 in, and it was worth it. Great interviews in the winners circle, as always. Gentry, Corzine, Veney, Eder, Simon, Holman, Secrest, the list of amazing runs and stories that happened and were enjoyed by everyone in attendance . This is why we go each year, and will continue to do so. See you all for the 56th edition!

Re: BG Roundup August 21, 2022 03:07AM
BG Featured on OutKick.com

Re: BG Roundup August 21, 2022 07:04AM
I've been going for 23 straight years this year had the best most consistent tracks! usually there are a couple classes track falls apart on not near so much this year. quantity of quality vehicles was obvious. unlimiteds pro stocks and SS diesel trucks put on as good of shows as I have seen. congratulations Bowling Green on making monkeys of all other tractor pulls claiming to be great. Announcing was by far best it has ever been. miles and Dan are always great, thankfully they got rid of some guys in the crows nest that really hurt the announcing in past years

A++ blue shirts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2022 03:24PM by Dmax47.

Re: BG Roundup August 22, 2022 04:40AM
With all the nit picking and things that get said on this site (which I often participate in), it must be said that BG was an AWESOME show this year. That had to of been one of the largest if not the largest crowds in BG history. Friday and Saturday night were both packed. Puller numbers may have been down a bit due to parts issues but you would have never noticed from the stands. Still large classes and top notch pullers.

Thank you pullers and blue shirts for making this weekend one to remember!

Re: BG Roundup August 22, 2022 04:49AM
It would be interesting, to see the live stream numbers.

Re: BG Roundup August 22, 2022 05:26AM
The good:
With all the rain, only missing the final 2 twd hooks Saturday afternoon was good considering what could have happened.

Announcing was the best I've heard. The 5 gentlemen worked well together. Great equipment, sorry supply chain/ parts kept some pullers away this year.

Shows moved along quickly. Mostly good sled settings for the 350' track.

So many good runs... Eder x 2, Dirtslinger Saturday, Owen's followed by Corzine Saturday, Korth, Schlabach, Fri nite PS pulloff, Bobcat in minis... the list goes on.o
Speaking of Corzine, has a husband and wife ever won classes at BG, whether same year or different years?

The bad:
Too much drag racing at times. I felt for people watching the livestream. I think the track officials and Larry view this as two separate pulls on two tracks. Each track is it's own deal.

The spectators and especially livestream viewers view it as one tractor pull that happens to run two tracks. As Jake suggested last year, only giving the green light to one sled at a time would solve this.

The strange:
The Pointer Brothers. Those red, white, and blue whatever those were... I can' t unsee that. Kudos for enthusiasm though.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2022 05:52AM by The Original Michael.

Re: BG Roundup August 22, 2022 06:32AM
Crowd - It was awesome this year. For those who want to bring back Sunday... this years Thursday night crowd was bigger than ANY Sunday crowd I ever saw. All sessions were very well attended.

Track - I'd say it was a mixed bag. In the Thursday session I saw LSS tractors with weights on the back! Saturday afternoon the track was dry, I'm guessing this was intentional because they knew rain was coming. The rest of the time the tracks looked decent and the Saturday night track was great considering the rain.

Show speed - The Twd truck class should have easily finished before the rain came. There was no sense of urgency for the first 90% of the class... the staging and starting line were just going slow. Apparently they couldn't see the clouds that the rest of us did. They did manage to speed up the show but it was too late. That class should have easily ended before the rain. Other wise the show was fairly efficient.

Turnout - ton's of minis... probably the biggest mini pull I've heard of. The rest of the numbers were very good with the exception of Light Unlimited. I can only assume that class is completely done after this year. With that classes demise it would be a perfect time to back down the Hemi limits in the Mod class to make a little more separation between the Mods and the Unlimited Mods. It would also help get the Wedge motors and Allison's more competitive. The DSS number were great especially considering how poor the number have been all season. It doesn't mean the class is healthy, but it was nice to see.

Speaking of Mini's - it feels like 1/3 of the class has decided all or mostly black looks "cool". It's like the blacked out Chevy trucks that everyone had to have and they quickly became boring and not unique.

Announcing - I can't hear a thing at center track so I can't comment too much but I can say it was nice to have Greg Whitiker back... he does a great job with opening ceremonies (it's the only art of the show I get to hear!).

Track Length - I'm not a huge fan of a 384' winning run... to me setting up a sled for 330 makes for a good show and as far as pulloffs go... people were on the edge of their seats for the Prostock pulloff. It doesn't get much better than that.

Hospitality - the blue shirts are awesome. They treat us great. From the guys I sit with trackside to the guys up in the media office you couldn't ask for a better group of guys to run a pull. Their hard work and dedication to the pull is absolutely amazing. A huge thank you to all the blue shirts for continuing to make the show better and for putting on the best pull in the world.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: BG Roundup August 23, 2022 01:04PM
I don’t know Jake, those guys at the finish line are pretty sketchy. Hahaha. But in all seriousness it’s always great to work next to you, your dad, Harold and the rest of the gang. You guys do a great job at promoting not just BG, but pulling in general. The pictures you guys take are seen all over the world, and really helps the outreach of the sport. Can’t wait to sit next to you in six months in Louisville and do it all over again!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520