What are likely NTPA rule proposals for 2023? August 26, 2022 08:50AM
We're less than a month from the Enderle, and the time is approaching for 2023 rule proposals.

Has anyone heard rumblings of what rule changes may be proposed for next year?

Re: What are likely NTPA rule proposals for 2023? August 26, 2022 11:40AM
Light Pro, going to the top shelf (components and cross dressing welcome).

Re: What are likely NTPA rule proposals for 2023? August 28, 2022 05:34AM
I cab agree either light pro or 4.1 should make jump to grand national. Either class would be a nice addition but I don’t agree with cross dressing and component. Both classes are keeping tractors together. Don’t see the need to change anything.

Re: What are likely NTPA rule proposals for 2023? August 26, 2022 02:57PM
Doing away with diesel fuel specs.
Let the chemists run wild and burn their junk down.
Seems to only be light limited pro stocks, limited pro stocks, and the class that started cheating with chemicals instead of innovations, super farm.
For some reason, the real pro stock class and the real DSS competitors don't seem to be doing any whining and accusing everyone else of cheating.
Why is that?

Re: What are likely NTPA rule proposals for 2023? August 26, 2022 11:12PM
NTPA finally gets a new Head Tech that has some intergrity

Re: What are likely NTPA rule proposals for 2023? August 26, 2022 11:54PM
Tracks will go to 400'; Just kidding/adding hot fuel to the fire.

Re: What are likely NTPA rule proposals for 2023? August 27, 2022 08:45AM
Pro Stocks won't be allowed in DSS or SSO

Re: What are likely NTPA rule proposals for 2023? August 27, 2022 10:22AM
Hope not. Been permissible since forever and aside from the weight, there is not one bolt on a Pro Stock you cannot put on a Super Stock.

CP

Re: What are likely NTPA rule proposals for 2023? August 27, 2022 02:45PM
Getting rid of pulloffs. Smiling

Float the finish line and hope you have a good sled operator.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: What are likely NTPA rule proposals for 2023? August 27, 2022 01:34AM
Use a bungee cord in lue of sled so you can go faster

Re: What are likely NTPA rule proposals for 2023? August 28, 2022 05:00AM
Can we get some common sense on turbo crossbolts??? Wimer has engineered a turbo housing that doesn’t need crossbolts and does an excellent job of containment but NTPA doesn’t recognize modern technology??? A lot of vehicles at BG were unnecessarily forced to put crossbolts in.

Re: What are likely NTPA rule proposals for 2023? August 29, 2022 02:46AM
It doesn't matter what has been built for containment, the rules are the rules. Being forced to put bolts in in BG was fault of the puller. Read the rule book follow it and there's zero issue. Simple as that.

If no one brings up rule changes such as this to a rep the rules won't change. Communicate ideas to class reps and tech people and it can be brought forward.

Super Farm: 540 with cooler and 640 without cooler August 29, 2022 05:46AM
Its too late to take away cubic inch in the super farm class, but its never too late to compromise. 540 with a cooler and 640 without a cooler. For those of you who want to run big cubes can and for those of you who don't want to run big cubes can and still be competitive. Everyones happy so lets make it happen!

The class proposals are posted on the NTPA site August 30, 2022 01:53PM
I see the NTPA rule proposals are post on their website under the tech page. One that caught my eye was the Lt Unlimited Class Mod going back to the Light Mod class with 2 engines with 14/71 blowers.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: The class proposals are posted on the NTPA site August 30, 2022 02:26PM
Dick Morgan
I see the NTPA rule proposals are post on their website under the tech page. One that caught my eye was the Lt Unlimited Class Mod going back to the Light Mod class with 2 engines with 14/71 blowers.

(Sarcasm) Just an odd thought- what if some puller somewhere tried putting a jet turbine engine in a tractor? I bet a tractor with a jet engine would be able to make a 6,000 lb weight...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2022 11:01PM by The Original Michael.

Re: The class proposals are posted on the NTPA site September 03, 2022 04:29AM
Dick Morgan

I think if they scheduled this on their western pulls they would have some great numbers.

Re: Super Farm: 540 with cooler and 640 without cooler August 31, 2022 01:43AM
Ik this isn’t rules related to classes itself but being a diehard NTPA follower I wish they’d make some rule on points commitment, last 5 years ( minus recent economy and stuff) all you really need to do is run a full season in any class and your right there top 5 in points standings, too low numbers

Re: Super Farm: 540 with cooler and 640 without cooler August 31, 2022 02:17AM
That makes sense,surely ac and ford would be very competitive with that.give other brands the ability to be hook in the only ag chassis class left

Re: Super Farm: 540 with cooler and 640 without cooler August 31, 2022 03:05AM
Another proposal ithat I really like is if a puller has breakage during the first session and is unable to come back for the second session then they do not need to stay to just bump the sled to stay in the points chase. This would be a win, win for the pullers and the fans. The pullers can head home to start making repairs and the fan does not have to watch a vehicle being dragged out on the track to just bump the sled. It's a total time waster for what?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2022 03:06AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Super Farm: NTPA Rule Change Link August 31, 2022 06:32AM
NTPA Rules Changes can be found HERE

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2022 06:33AM by RYAN68.

Re: Super Farm: 540 with cooler and 640 without cooler August 31, 2022 08:32AM
Dick Morgan
Another proposal ithat I really like is if a puller has breakage during the first session and is unable to come back for the second session then they do not need to stay to just bump the sled to stay in the points chase. This would be a win, win for the pullers and the fans. The pullers can head home to start making repairs and the fan does not have to watch a vehicle being dragged out on the track to just bump the sled. It's a total time waster for what?

This was implemented a little in the DSS class correct? Or am I wrong on this. Because Burge missed second day of Fort but got points yes?

Re: Super Farm: 540 with cooler and 640 without cooler August 31, 2022 11:25AM
2022 rule book, page 90; XXI; J. Breakage Any competitor who breaks at the event site will receive hook points for all classes entered, but will not receive any purse money unless there has been a measurable pull by that vehicle in that respective class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,710, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520