Minneapolis Molines/ Fuel. September 07, 2022 01:12AM
"ProPain"- Ran on propane, but was a Super Farm?

"Fools Gold"- runs on gasoline, but was a 10,000lb pro stock? What class is it now?

"Yellow Fever" - ran on alcohol??, but was a 10,000lb pro stock? (This one I have the most questions about!) I didn't think you could ever run anything other than the fuel source the tractor would have been built with at the factory in the pro stock family.

Re: Minneapolis Molines/ Fuel. September 07, 2022 01:44AM
Cespedes has had a grandfather exception to keep Fools Gold gas for a long time. Not sure if it applies across NTPA or that was an OSTPA only thing back when it was granted. It's cool and different. I don't remember the circumstances on Pro-Pain's deal to be on propane. Yellow Fever I am totally unfamiliar with.

CP

Re: Minneapolis Molines/ Fuel. September 07, 2022 02:06AM
Yellow Fever was fuel injected, Nolan had it perfected as much as anyone could for the time period. It did run on gas as a prostock. In recent years as it was rehabbed its been run on alcohol to move around and start etc. That was my mix up.

Re: Minneapolis Molines/ Fuel. September 07, 2022 03:09AM
New School
Yellow Fever was fuel injected, Nolan had it perfected as much as anyone could for the time period. It did run on gas as a prostock. In recent years as it was rehabbed its been run on alcohol to move around and start etc. That was my mix up.

You are confusing me a little bit. Another source is telling me Yellow Fever ran as a super stock with multiple turbo chargers in the 80's. Was it a gas-powered pro stock; an alcohol-powered super stock; or an alcohol-powered pro stock (which would confuse me most of all)?

Re: Minneapolis Molines/ Fuel. September 07, 2022 03:17AM
Don't listen too much to that Michael Eitel guy. He's dumb and doesn't wait for his sources to finish their story before he starts typing. Yellow Fever evidently ran as a Super Stock on alcohol until 1979 where it then switched to high octane gas and ran as a pro stock.

I still think you can run any fuel in pro stock as long as it could be purchased factory that way. Which is why alcohol is not allowed. Gasoline may be outlawed now as well, with the exception of vehicles grandfathered in such as Fools Gold.

Re: Minneapolis Molines/ Fuel. September 07, 2022 06:58AM
Pretty sure the rule always was in PS and SF that you could use the factory fuel. Combined with the rest of the class rules (big cubic inches and factory chassis, etc.) that pretty much meant diesel for the type of tractors that pulled in those classes. Even if you technically could build a 4010 gas or whatever, it wouldn't make sense to do so. However, MM was a notable exception- they had factory big cube spark engines available and didn't really have a viable option for a diesel that could be built to PS/SF power levels. I really liked ProPain in particular. Like anything else a little different, Colberg got laughed at until he started running up front, then the grease burners suddenly had a problem with LP tractors being allowed.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM