Hawaii Tractor Pulling September 07, 2022 10:44AM
I have been in Hawaii this past week and I was curious if there was ever any tractor pulling over here? Googled it and I see there was actually a pull in the Aloha Bowl Stadium in 1984! Not much I could find about the event. Can anyone elaborate? Know who attended/classes/sanctioning body? Maybe it has been discussed on here before? Thanks

Re: Hawaii Tractor Pulling September 08, 2022 11:18PM
I know there is drag racing...... Maui has their own dragstrip and I think there's one on the big island.

If anything it would be on the big island there's not probably enough agriculture on any of the other islands. Maybe Maui

Re: Hawaii Tractor Pulling September 09, 2022 01:23AM
Bot sure what classes ran for sure. My guess would be Mods, TWDs, and FWDs. Ellenbaum Thumb sleds were sent out there (Logan Thomas I believe has that one now) and it was a USHRA event.

CP

Re: Hawaii Tractor Pulling September 09, 2022 04:09AM
John Borba promoted pulls there in the mid eighties. Bud and Steve Jaske pulled there in 85-86. They would bring in a bunch of CA pullers.

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Re: Hawaii Tractor Pulling September 09, 2022 04:32AM
Hope this picture thing works....

Re: Hawaii Tractor Pulling September 09, 2022 05:47AM
I was contacted by a gentleman from Hawaii early this year, he was talking about coming to the mainland and wanted some ideas about places to go watch pulls as a road trip. I suggested to him Hillsboro and BG and gave him contact info for those events...didnt hear back, fuel and air travel costs mustve derailed him and his sons. For the life of me I cant remember his name but I remember him mentioning that he had an uncle that had a 4wd truck called "Poi Puller" that pulled some in the early eighties. Super nice dude to talk with and share info with.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,700, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard