What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 14, 2022 02:01AM
From Pro Stock at the national level down to light/limited etc. too hot to farm locally, what should be the future of single charger classes?

Looking forward, how many single charger classes should be offered at a national level?

State or regional level?
What about smaller groups within a limited area (Mid-Missouri Pullers or Central Ohio Pullers for example)?

Should any classes be merged? Discontinued?
Should any be elevated to a more national level?
Which are growing? Which are fading?

In your opinion, which rule variations among similar classes offered by different organizations be standardized so pullers can compete at more places?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2022 02:01AM by The Original Michael.

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 14, 2022 05:09AM
The pro stock class is my favorite class. As far as the future of single charger classes on the national level I think the Limited Pro's will be added in the near future, for good reason. They create a lot of power, they're fun to watch, and there are quite a few competitors representing various colors.

That takes single charger classes to 3 on the national level as you'd have Pro Stock, Super Farm, and Limited Pros. I think it makes sense for Light pro to remain a regional class. I would say because they are more of an entry level class but I know cost wise they probably cost as much as the Limited Pros or super farm. So if you're asking for a reason I'd say because fans at a National pull would be bored after watching 3 single charger classes and don't need a fourth. I personally love Pro Stocks, the Limited Pro Stocks are okay, not a big fan of super farms.

I think at the state and regional level the goal should be to offer everything possible.

I think the limited pro and light pro classes are both continuing to grow and build fan bases and number of pullers. I wouldn't say we're seeing a decline in the super farm class but I do remember the days at BG when you'd have 50+ super farm tractors and I believe there were 23 this year albeit many may have been out due to cost of travel or parts issues but I doubt that cased 25+ to stay home.

The pro stock class for as much as people complain about all the BBJD's and the cost etc, the numbers are still huge as far as participants and we're still seeing more tractors being built every year. Just to name a few Jason Rauen built 1-2 new tractors this year (not sure if the 8370R is new or if he bought that one, the 55 series is new) El Nino is new, Browns just debuted a new Green With Envy. The class is still the top of the pyramid.

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 14, 2022 05:27AM
Your question on could any of the classes be merged though is an interesting thought. Could either light or limited pros be combined with Super Farms? With some slight rule changes?

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 14, 2022 05:43AM
BrandonA
Your question on could any of the classes be merged though is an interesting thought. Could either light or limited pros be combined with Super Farms? With some slight rule changes?
This would be very difficult to combine because super farm to limited pro is almost 1000 hp jump. This is just my opinion but Super farm should stay the way it is because it is very close competition and still is a great class. Light pro and limited pro would be easy to combine even though the weight gap is 1000 lbs

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 14, 2022 09:02AM
BrandonA
The pro stock class is my favorite class. As far as the future of single charger classes on the national level I think the Limited Pro's will be added in the near future, for good reason. They create a lot of power, they're fun to watch, and there are quite a few competitors representing various colors.

That takes single charger classes to 3 on the national level as you'd have Pro Stock, Super Farm, and Limited Pros. I think it makes sense for Light pro to remain a regional class. I would say because they are more of an entry level class but I know cost wise they probably cost as much as the Limited Pros or super farm. So if you're asking for a reason I'd say because fans at a National pull would be bored after watching 3 single charger classes and don't need a fourth. I personally love Pro Stocks, the Limited Pro Stocks are okay, not a big fan of super farms.

I think at the state and regional level the goal should be to offer everything possible.

I think the limited pro and light pro classes are both continuing to grow and build fan bases and number of pullers. I wouldn't say we're seeing a decline in the super farm class but I do remember the days at BG when you'd have 50+ super farm tractors and I believe there were 23 this year albeit many may have been out due to cost of travel or parts issues but I doubt that cased 25+ to stay home.

The pro stock class for as much as people complain about all the BBJD's and the cost etc, the numbers are still huge as far as participants and we're still seeing more tractors being built every year. Just to name a few Jason Rauen built 1-2 new tractors this year (not sure if the 8370R is new or if he bought that one, the 55 series is new) El Nino is new, Browns just debuted a new Green With Envy. The class is still the top of the pyramid.
Outside of bowling green the National numbers for pro stocks were not good! Did PPL ever have 10 in a class this year and they were getting 15-20 a couple years ago. Yes Perish and Brown built new tractors but they already had tractors so the numbers didn’t grow. Light Pro is hardly an entry level class at making close to or more than 3000 hp!

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 14, 2022 06:06AM
The 4.1LP and Super Farm classes always seemed redundant to me. Seems like a logical pair of classes to combine.

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 14, 2022 06:43AM
Combine Light and Limited Pro, Combine superfarm and LLP,

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 14, 2022 09:34AM
I relize this is just a discussion board, but the talk of merging classes is great. I have felt for a long time that things have gotten out of hand with way to many classes. The average spectator don't know the difference between most anyway. Great discussion.
My 2 cents.

Local
Stock farm
3000 rpm the original before everyone completely f'd that up

National
Light pro ag chassis
Heavy pro component

Either move up or move down stop inventing new classes just because.

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 14, 2022 11:47AM
Combined classes are a bunch of crap, different rules for different combinations is confusing and no good . Might as wells spot the sled 20 ft for this one and 30 for the other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2022 11:55AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 14, 2022 12:09PM
I will agree with you on combining classes with different rules. I will be more specific as i am for less classes period. Not as combining different setups just less setup options ingeneral. 466 504 540 640 680 different size turbo water no water rpms 3000 3200 3500 unlimited..... its all stupid and irrelevant to 90 percent of the spectators. Less classes simple rules. That is what I am for.

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 14, 2022 12:50PM
Pro was entry level over 40 years ago,and there's been guys still in the class after 40 years,so much for entry level..
Why do all classes talked about have to be 466 based and 8000 lbs plus

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 14, 2022 03:15PM
I’d say limiting existing classes would be more beneficial than combining, limit turbo size on prostocks, maybe have a box charger for limited pro, limit boost somehow on diesel supers, if there’s no limits it’s kinda who has the bigger wallet and can afford to blow up and wreck stuff. The top runners probably wouldn’t change much because they simply will spend money to find power other ways but I think it would grow classes.

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 15, 2022 02:50AM
keep the talks of limiting anything about 10,000 lb prostocks to yourself. We don't need nor want any of the promoters letting that bunch of bs even cross their minds. They're the top diesel tractor class for a reason. You want limited anything go watch/run 4.1s or LP, leave prostocks ALONE.

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 15, 2022 03:34AM
I love the argument " we don't want limits". In truth Every class has limits. There is a whole rule book for every class in pulling that sets limits. The discussion should be should pulling change the limits in a certain class.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 15, 2022 05:59AM
There is no argument, it's a statement. We do not want any changes to Prostocks rules. The only limiting factors that could even be further limited are 680 cube limit on blocks and a single charger. At that point, there becomes no reason to even have a Prostock class if we're cutting their cubes and making the chargers smaller. Like I originally said, if you don't like watching 5500 horsepower pull 340ft go watch 4.1s or light pros. If you can't build a competitive Pro go build a 4.1 or light pro. LEAVE THE PROSTOCKS A L O N E . If you can't understand and support that, idk what to tell you because it can't be made any more clear.

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 15, 2022 06:20AM
i like the outlaw super farm 3.6 by 4.55 smooth bore turbo big foot charger, around 1800-2000 horsepower big thick intake wheel and if u want the exhaust side is the same as a 4.1 HARTS turbo jus swap intake cover and wheel and u can run the 4.1 class of course dont forget some more FUEL AND WATER!!!!

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 15, 2022 07:44AM
Random Pro Fan
There is no argument, it's a statement. We do not want any changes to Prostocks rules. The only limiting factors that could even be further limited are 680 cube limit on blocks and a single charger. At that point, there becomes no reason to even have a Prostock class if we're cutting their cubes and making the chargers smaller. Like I originally said, if you don't like watching 5500 horsepower pull 340ft go watch 4.1s or light pros. If you can't build a competitive Pro go build a 4.1 or light pro. LEAVE THE PROSTOCKS A L O N E . If you can't understand and support that, idk what to tell you because it can't be made any more clear.
The DSS class is actually the most requested class for NTPA by promoters I was told

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 15, 2022 10:17AM
The one problem with the prostock class is the 680 and everyone migrating towards bbjd and cross dressing, but some people are into that sort of thing. Even more these days especially in the bigger citys ran by libs. Lol. I would like to see more options and ingenuity options for people who weren't born into a large farming operation who wear john deere underwear and like to show off how much money they can blow on a pulling tractor. Then again Im old fashioned and miss the days when it was more about what a guy could build not buy and bolt together.

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 15, 2022 11:39AM
Classes like super farm,4.1 and light pro thrive when it comes to difference. Just about every color is represented when you run in these classes.

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 17, 2022 07:01AM
The problem is most fans cant tell the difference between 5500 horsepower or 3500 horsepower, so whats the point?

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 15, 2022 12:54PM
Why not let alky in ps..that's the biggest limit on the class

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 15, 2022 01:16PM
Light pro ag chassis 540 1 turbo any thing else goes
Heavy pro components 640 1 turbo any things else goes
No fuel limits no water limits any turbo you can fit under the hood lets see what people come up with be fun to kinda start over and try new combinations.

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 15, 2022 01:50PM
patches

Todd how dare you open a can of worms like that! lol Smiling

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 16, 2022 12:04AM
I like how people want no limits on performance of any kind........BUT,BUT,BUTdont use spark plugs,that's a big no no..

NTPA rule question?? September 16, 2022 12:36AM
Under 2022 NTPA rules, are tractors allowed to run the fuel that the make/model came from the factory to run on (including gas or propane) in:

Pro Stock
Light Pro
Limited Pro
Super Farm
Hot Farm (any version; UPOC mar run different rules)
Classic SS
Any NTPA version of Pro Farm

Thanks

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 16, 2022 02:56AM
Supertiquer

Todd how dare you open a can of worms like that! lol Smiling

Opening a can of worms is the name of the game, always has been, always will .
it's the nature of our sport, at least when it comes to high(er) performance. Seems everyone....or some, anyway, always wants more performance or for the rules to allow them to do even more than they do now.
I don't have a dog in this fight.....never will, because I can't afford to get caught up in a horsepower race, no matter "what" the class is.
But I can afford to buy all the popcorn necessary to see how it all pans out ! Smiling

By the way, I'm off to the deadweight pulls this weekend.....have at it

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 16, 2022 03:21PM
JDpowershift

Todd how dare you open a can of worms like that!
always wants more performance/quote]

or more weight

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 17, 2022 04:24AM
Supertiquer

or more weight

Ya, I thought about that too, right after I posted .....lol

All kidding aside, is more weight really what you guys would want, especially in the most powerful classes like the 10,000lb prostock ?

I know this question might not be related to this discussion, but at what point does making more power actually "hurt" a particular class ?
Or is more power "always" a good thing ?

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 17, 2022 05:58AM
JDpowershift

or more weight

Ya, I thought about that too, right after I posted .....lol

All kidding aside, is more weight really what you guys would want, especially in the most powerful classes like the 10,000lb prostock ?

I know this question might not be related to this discussion, but at what point does making more power actually "hurt" a particular class ?
Or is more power "always" a good thing ?

I think you have a valid question that has everything to do with this topic. 10,000 lb prostock was mentioned in the original post. Making more is not a bad thing until the motors can't take what it is that is being thrown at them to make that horsepower. If everyone breaks because of it and are down for the rest of the year, the class will suffer at future events because the numbers won't be there for a good show. It's a vicious circle. I don't pull prostock, but say I did. Well what do we do here? Make the most horsepower that we can with the latest and greatest biggest turbo that we can turn and risk blowing a motor up after 3 pulls or not do that and be able to run the whole season to make every pull in order to support the class numbers?

Re: What should be the future of sanctioned single-charger classes? September 17, 2022 05:37AM
Lets go 16,700 and 18,700 and add duals or MFWD.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520