Enderle winners September 17, 2022 10:45AM
I see the Chicken Coop Special Won the Light Limited Super Stock tractor class. 700 dollars for a WIN?! AT THE ENDERLE PULL-OFF! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I think the fans and competitors have realized that pulling is expensive, but seriously, 700 dollars? That just might get two pullers home. That's all I have to say about that. Congrats to the rest of the winners! Also, congrats to the Grand National Winners!

Re: Enderle winners September 18, 2022 01:41AM
Not sure what you expect, it's an entry level class (or so people say).

3 tractors were selected, they could have declined the invitation.

Good show, from what I saw.

Re: Enderle winners September 18, 2022 05:43AM
A LLSS fan complaining about their treatment at the prestigious event known as the Enderle is kind of like the residents of Marthas Vineyard bussing out their new "guests" after 24 hours of "entertaining",....................Drinking

Re: Enderle winners September 18, 2022 09:56AM
I mean, That is a little brash of an opinion. But I think the point that is made here is the lack of money paid out from the NTPA to its competitors. For the price to roll in the pits at any event is a pretty penny, The money to be won will sometimes cover fuel money.

Re: Enderle winners September 18, 2022 11:06AM
Not a brash opinion at all.
Stark FACT.
The competitors know before they load up and leave home, what the payback is.
The "point" you all think you are making is moot.
Now, if the competitor himself came here with the same concern, it MAY have some weight, but folks with no skin in the game making an issue about purse size is laughable.
Believe me, the competitors can carry their own water.

Re: Enderle winners September 18, 2022 04:52PM
Point about the payback is taken and worthy.

Let me tell you another story. Harold Rydahl is now 82 and still does drive that Cockshutt 40. He started pulling that as a light class Super in 1969. It has remained as a light class Super ever since, regardless of the adjectives thrown in front of that as an appellation. The boys had a goal when it became an RN class of putting that tractor in the Enderle and they did it and won it. No one is in this sport to make money, but I saw a crew with a history and a happinness you could not knock off any of their faces with a hammer.

That's the truth of putting yourself in it. Making money vs the deserving of it is a scale who's balance is reserved for others to count.

On the scale of life-long devotion to a goal and a dream, the Rhydahls won theirs. Dare you to get them to say differrently. Right or wrong, They won. Their way. And no one made them do it.

CP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2022 04:55PM by cpr.

Re: Enderle winners September 18, 2022 06:08PM
And, are the winners complaining about the purse money??
I'm betting NO.
Every competitor that was at the Enderle earned their way there!
Each and every one of the teams should be proud to have been there and competing!!

Re: Enderle winners September 19, 2022 11:48AM
Two relatives sat right in front of me....you think the puller and crew were happy...this lady was ecstatic. She told us the whole story behind the name, too!!

Re: Enderle winners September 18, 2022 09:18PM
Schultz oughta do a video clip on Harrold, sounds like a great story on him and his tractor.wonder when the last time a cockshutt won a ss class,if ever in ntpa ??

Re: Enderle winners September 18, 2022 10:36PM
Maybe at Tomah, back in the 80's.
Not 100% sure.

Re: Enderle winners September 19, 2022 12:32AM
I would say in the 70s,just guessing tho.

Re: Enderle winners September 19, 2022 12:00AM
Several of us have discussed this.

Re: Enderle winners September 19, 2022 01:29AM
Ivan Carroll. Levee Leaper. 5500 super stock on alcohol. I would be shocked if he didn't have a handful of wins. Information could be found on pulling reference probably. Pulled well into the 90's/ 2000's

Re: Enderle winners September 19, 2022 07:33AM
The Levee Leeper is still pulling, although I haven't seen Ivan drive it in a while. His son drives now I believe. Saw it run a couple of times this summer.

Re: Enderle winners September 19, 2022 01:57AM
I wasn't making a rant about a specific puller or class, just about the top prize money. I was expecting at least $1000 for each winner because of the prestigiousness of the event.

Re: Enderle winners September 19, 2022 07:29AM
Maybe the maturity, age and knowledge of some make a difference in what they think they are "ENTILTED" too, or what is expected, - reality is a hard bitter huge pill to swallow.

Re: Enderle winners September 19, 2022 09:20AM
"$700 for a win?? A prestigious event like this should pay $1000!" could actually be the premise of a pretty good tractor pulling joke.

Re: Enderle winners September 20, 2022 06:03AM
If 300 dollars is a deal killer, then we are in the wrong business! One would think maybe it would payout better? however the folks pulling at that level are most certainly not in it for the money, for they would be broke before they even finished their builds let alone getting to the event's. 1000 dollars would be lucky to cover their travel expenses to the enderle. Just saying.

Re: Enderle winners September 20, 2022 12:27PM
As puller we always want more money because it's expensive at this level. On the other hand I think I saw where the overall purse for this event was over $106,000. That's not exactly pocket change. When you look at the number of classes then the number of pullers in the classes remember that everyone entered got a check, there was no entry fee and most if not all of the checks were bigger than the corresponding checks during the season. So I'm not complaining. Besides it makes for a fun day of pulling...thats what most of us are after.

S'no Farmer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,710, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520