NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 25, 2022 03:54AM
Guess the NTPA will lose another DSS with the new rule change.... I thought this was a super stock class! Really nice that the ones that made the rule knew we run a mid mount injection pump! Guess we will go pull elsewhere!
Fred Maahs JUST ANOTHER ONE

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 25, 2022 02:53PM
As a longtime fan of the tractor classes,I don't care who makes the decision,but like most I'd sure enjoy hearing the explanation of why ??.what common things besides color do the tractor classes have anymore ??..I don't blame ya one bit for jumping ship

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 26, 2022 01:32AM
Why does it even matter in a super stock class? Everything is custom built so who cares where you drive the injection pump! I’m not a JD guy at all but to eliminate one of the few green tractors in this class is pretty stupid

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 26, 2022 02:23AM
And the truly insane part is, it's legal in Pro Stock but now illegal in Super Stock. I'd love to hear an explanation on that.

Was this on the proposal list? September 26, 2022 03:00AM
I cannot find the link with rule proposals. Does anyone have it?

Was this on the list of proposed rules?

Re: Was this on the proposal list? September 26, 2022 03:07AM
From what I see it looks like it was proposed for Super Farms in the Super Farm section and for all Ag re-ends in the General section. I see no mention of the Super Stock Diesel class. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't any rule change have to be submitted unless the rule change is for safety?

Here is the link to the proposed rules: [ntpapull.com]

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Was this on the proposal list? September 26, 2022 03:19AM
Brent Yaron
From what I see it looks like it was proposed for Super Farms in the Super Farm section and for all Ag re-ends in the General section. I see no mention of the Super Stock Diesel class. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't any rule change have to be submitted unless the rule change is for safety?

Here is the link to the proposed rules: [ntpapull.com]

Hmm. DSS and Light Pro have one rule. PS has another. Where does Limited Pro fit in? And, was this already a rule in SF, or are they exempt also?

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 25, 2022 10:24PM
What is the reason why for that rule? is there an advantage to relocating the injection pump? How is it driven while relocated? Not stirring the pot, genuinely curious, Thanks!

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 26, 2022 02:00AM
I'm sure Outlaw will be more than happy to have you hook with them, whether the pump is in the stock location or not in the super stock class makes no sense to me ... but whatever

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 26, 2022 03:23AM
Brent. You are looking at proposed rules. At the Enderle the rule pump location in both Lt PS and DSS states that the pump must stay in the stock location. There is no explanation on the NTPA website.

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 26, 2022 03:31AM
Yes, The Original Michael asked if it was in the proposed rules, which from what I see the Super Stock Diesel Tractors don't fall into any of the proposed rule changes.

Brent Yaron

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 26, 2022 05:02AM
Brent. If you go the the NTPA tech page it's listed under " Lt PS DSS".

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 26, 2022 05:05AM
I know, but this rule change was never on the proposed rules list to be discussed at the Enderle.

Brent Yaron

Remember, this happened in the DSS class before September 26, 2022 05:32AM
Brent Yaron
I know, but this rule change was never on the proposed rules list to be discussed at the Enderle.

I don't remember the year; I think it was maybe after 2016 or whatever year Shramek split the block at Bowling Green. If you will remember, NTPA published a list of rules proposals like they do every year.

Out of nowhere, after the Enderle, it was published the DSS class would have restrictor plates for the next season. Pullers complained and it got rescinded. As a side issue, perhaps it's time to revisit that idea, but that's not the point of this post.

On Jeff Swank's Full Pull Tonight podcast, he interviewed Larry Richwine and that topic came up. Larry said something to the effect that the proposal had some clause at the end of a sentence "or other measures" or something like that. That was the wiggle room the people at the meeting used to implement a major change that nobody saw coming. Swank's website has episodes of shows going back to 2020, but this is not on there any more that I saw.

So, this has happened before where something nobody thought was on the table got passed. I don't know if there was a wiggle room clause for this, and if enough pullers say something, it may be rescinded, but this type of thing has happened before.

.... which begs another question NTPA pullers may want to address: Is there something wrong with the NTPA rule making system? How would/should it be changed (if at all)?

Re: Remember, this happened in the DSS class before September 26, 2022 11:33AM
I'm just curious as to why anyone cares if a pump mount is extended back to allow for shorter injector pipes? If its such a big advantage, then why can't others do the same instead of complaining and having a rule put in place to ban it? Makes no sense to me why anyone would care? How I see it, if something is an advantage and there is no rule against it, then whoever wants to make the same changes to their setup should do so as well. What's the big deal? It seems to me more people would rather complain and gripe than to just follow suit. But truth be known, the complainers are likely way behind in the pack to start with and rule change or not their whiney butts will still be sucking hind teat regardless of whatever rules are put into place. Just saying.

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 26, 2022 12:14PM
The rule was posted around mid July. Then got put on the shelf until end of the season “likely” because of a ton of blowback for a rule change like that mid season. Apparently, shortening the fuel lines is the mystery snake oil that’s been holding the DSS class back?!?

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 26, 2022 01:32PM
Yes, part of the "ton of blowback for a rule change like that mid season" came from, at least the WPI Board members. I know that because I had a rather long visit with a WPI board member about a few issues, soon after that mid-season rule, which the WPI Board was not very happy about with their authoritarian Head Tech Official.

However, rules can be discussed and implemented literally at any time via the WPI Board. Be it that they are on the divisional class suggestion list or not.

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 27, 2022 12:28PM
How much more power does a short injector line make? What do you consider short?

Re: NTPA DSS LOWER NUMBERS September 27, 2022 02:57PM
Aint nobody gonna share that top secret info. They gonna answer you like go to a dyno and find out for yourself. Guys who have done this has spent much time and money to see the gain and aren't likely to share. Just sayin.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason