The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 14, 2022 03:57AM
Classes for The Pullers Championship in 2023 have been announced.

• 85 Limited Pro Stock Tractors
  • 95 Limited Pro Stock Tractors
  • Super Farm Tractors
  • Pro Stock Tractors
  • Diesel Super Stock Tractors
  • Light Super Stock Tractors
  • Modified Mini Tractors
  • Modified Tractors
  • Four Wheel Drive Trucks
  • Super Stock Diesel Trucks
  • Super Semis

Class Reveal Video

More details about the event and the invites to be announced.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 14, 2022 02:33PM
Brent,
Are the rules for super farm the same as the farm show?

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 14, 2022 06:19PM
No. Cooler smooth bore at 9300 and no cooler slotted at 9500. If I have that wrong, someone from the team will correct me.

CP

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 15, 2022 12:17AM
4x4 trucks, are mods?

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 15, 2022 01:11AM
$
4x4 trucks, are mods?

Yes.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 15, 2022 02:48AM
Yes. PPL rules so all can play. The top 650 guys don't seem to be scared and it makes it easier on us.

CP

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 16, 2022 10:19AM
"PPL rules, so All can play " So does that mean the USA EAST super modified run what you brung trucks are welcome to pull?

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 16, 2022 11:54AM
No. CT MFWD is the rules we will use.

CP

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 16, 2022 01:30PM
So basically "All can play" is not a true statement. Thanks for your answer though. Best wishes for your pull!

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 16, 2022 02:34PM
It's in reference to the naturally aspirated trucks. It basically allows all trucks as it opens up the cubic inch limit.

Brent Yaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2022 03:49AM by Brent Yaron.

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 17, 2022 03:51AM
Kentucky thunder
So basically "All can play" is not a true statement. Thanks for your answer though. Best wishes for your pull!

Do you also think that Pro Stocks should be able to pull with Limited Pros? Because that’s basically what you were inferring.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 17, 2022 01:17PM
John Murray

Do you also think that Pro Stocks should be able to pull with Limited Pros? Because that’s basically what you were inferring.
No John that's not what I am saying. All I'm saying is that when one states that "All can play" that should be what it means. They run Appalachian Outlaws and USA East in PA. and have a run what you brung class that is very interesting to watch, anything from modified to Blower trucks a day SS Diesels all compete together and there are many ppl and NTPA trucks from all over run together and its a toss up on any given night who will come out on top. No different than the alkys and diesel SS's running together. It's definitely an interesting show with that class and it would be nice to see such a "Prestigious Event" have a class like that. I saw cprs post and thought. Maybe they were having a class like that this year. Thats all I'm saying. No harm or malicious intent at all. Just curious if they were going to have that class. Thats all.

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 17, 2022 05:22PM
The class was announced as MFWD. Not RWYB. Not SMFWD. My choice of phrasing applies within that context of PPL vs NTPA. You read what you wanted to read. I'm sorry that doesn't suit you, but I didn't misrepresent what was being offered. Nowhere does MFWD have blowers, nitrous, diesel, stretch wheelbase... "All can play" meant, means, and will mean Modified Four Wheel Drive. Period.

Chase semantics, but no one was banned. We have invited - last I checked - no one except the winners of last year's returning classes. We appreciate the interest. Please suggest what we could run in 2024 and we'll be happy to consider it to keep the show fresh.

CP

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 18, 2022 12:16AM
cpr
The class was announced as MFWD. Not RWYB. Not SMFWD. My choice of phrasing applies within that context of PPL vs NTPA. You read what you wanted to read. I'm sorry that doesn't suit you, but I didn't misrepresent what was being offered. Nowhere does MFWD have blowers, nitrous, diesel, stretch wheelbase... "All can play" meant, means, and will mean Modified Four Wheel Drive. Period.

Chase semantics, but no one was banned. We have invited - last I checked - no one except the winners of last year's returning classes. We appreciate the interest. Please suggest what we could run in 2024 and we'll be happy to consider it to keep the show fresh.

CP

That went south fast, it is listed as Four-Wheel Drive Trucks above.

I was just looking for clarification, if it was Mods or some D.O.T. tire class.

Kind of sorry, I asked. LOL

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 18, 2022 05:37AM
$

CP

That went south fast, it is listed as Four-Wheel Drive Trucks above.

I was just looking for clarification, if it was Mods or some D.O.T. tire class.

Kind of sorry, I asked. LOL
$ I feel the same way! And cpr is the one chasing semantics, "
Chase semantics, but no one was banned." Where on earth did that come from? I did not mention anyone being banned at all! I was satisfied with his answer "No. CT MFWD is the rules we will use." And wished him my best with their pull but he has to make up crap and continue to bash on someone who wishes him the best with the event. I guess with attitudes like that I can understand why the pull was maybe not so successful?? I still wish you the best cpr, but I will choose to support an event that makes one feel welcome not an outcast. Best wishes again!

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 19, 2022 02:28PM
I apologize. I did over-react and that was not and is not my style. I behaved like someone having their kids picked on by anonymous parties. Pretty embarrassing. I could have been more clear about what I meant and been the better communicator of it. Brent and Paul have been the professionals I ought to have been here.

We've been compared to Norwalk as new events. We will be back. The other? Time will tell. Both incurred losses to be what they were.

I'm sorry to have approached comments as I did.

CP

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 19, 2022 04:10PM
cpr
I apologize. I did over-react and that was not and is not my style. I behaved like someone having their kids picked on by anonymous parties. Pretty embarrassing. I could have been more clear about what I meant and been the better communicator of it. Brent and Paul have been the professionals I ought to have been here.

We've been compared to Norwalk as new events. We will be back. The other? Time will tell. Both incurred losses to be what they were.

I'm sorry to have approached comments as I did.

CP
Cpr, I agree 100 percent with you about Paul and Brent being professional. Their posts near the bottom of this thread have me reconsidering my statement about not supporting your event in the future. And your apology secured my decision to rescind my comment and reconsider attending or competing sometime in the future.
Apology accepted.

Sincerely, Ray

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 19, 2022 04:42PM
Thank you Ray.

You can find my contacts easily enough. Feel free to reach out. I promise I don't bite.

CP

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 17, 2022 07:09AM
Nobody runs smooth bore chargers. Should be run your organization rules. That's only fair.

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 18, 2022 04:41AM
Is this pull going to be the biggest flop and disappointment like last year............yep..yes it will

But dont worry brent will keep promoting it like its 2nd to only bowling green

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 18, 2022 05:08AM
Am I not supposed to promote it?

Brent Yaron

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 18, 2022 05:56AM
That's weird, I came across a certain comment by you, "Dmax47", about another new pull that took place last year that you said yourself wasn't perfect
Dmax47
Plenty of things you can pick apart and complain about but please refrain from keyboard bashing Norwalk for trying to do something for your sport....they didn't have to pony up and do this.
So, let me get this straight. You came on here earlier this summer, begging people to refrain from "keyboard bashing" a new pull where the promotor tried something new and didn't have to do for any of us. Yet today, you go and do that EXACT thing towards The Pullers Championship where the promotors also tried something new and didn't owe us anything. What a clown you are. As the youngsters say these days, "Congrats, you played yourself" Eye Rolling

- Collin Birkholz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2022 05:58AM by lil' 1456.

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 18, 2022 08:02PM
The difference between TPC and Norwalk PPL is that Norwalk actually had a decent show and had good vehicles on the grounds. I know I won’t be buying the TPC live stream next year. Plus I heard from a puller that was at TPC that the payout was worse then most events he goes to

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 19, 2022 01:20AM
theRightRearTire183
The difference between TPC and Norwalk PPL is that Norwalk actually had a decent show and had good vehicles on the grounds. I know I won’t be buying the TPC live stream next year. Plus I heard from a puller that was at TPC that the payout was worse than most events he goes to

That might be because, and don't quote me on this cause I'm sure I'll be corrected, they tried to pay for all spots. so that puller must have finished at the bottom in order to have a worse payout than the other pullers. Again, I might be wrong, but I think I'm right.

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 19, 2022 01:40AM
One thing to note here, Norwalk was a points hook at one of the best drag strips in the country. The turnout of pullers was to be expected even with Chapel Hill going on. We know that the time of year for our event is going to exclude a good portion of pullers due to farming. That's something we just have to deal with as we need to be before the point seasons start. Also, last year, we struggled with pullers not being able to get parts in time. That might be an issue again this year, but only time will tell if that is the case. As far as payout, was it as much as we were expecting? Absolutely not, but on the flipside our purse was roughly $126,000. We are putting in everything we got to try and get the purse to be a lot more than last year. We know we aren't going to please everyone and that's fine. Our goal is to grow this event to where we can have some some of the largest purses in pulling. It's not going to happen after one or two events, but give us a few more years and we are hoping to be onto something. We are trying to do something different that engages the pulling fans and at the same time gives back to the pullers. Be patient with us and give us some time to try and grow the event. All we ask from everyone is to just be supportive and give us critical feedback. We got a lot of good responses last year to help make this year better. We are excited what the 2023 event has in store.

Brent Yaron

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed October 19, 2022 02:51AM
Been off of pulloff for a week or so and I am feeling compelled to respond to a couple things on this thread.

1. MFWD trucks...We are having a 4WD truck class this year. As some have eluded to in the thread, there are a ton of different class rule sets out there and "MFWD" is way too generic of a description. As cpr pointed out above our plans are to have a class for CT and GN level 4WD trucks. Thanks to all who have expressed interest in this class and please accept my apologies for the confusion. All official rules packages for each class will be released in the coming weeks. We understand that the 4WD truck class is huge and there are a lot of people that may want to hook in the class. If you fit the rules packages you will be entered into the fan vote portion if you do not receive an initial invite (info coming soon). Info pertaining to the event will be posted on the TPC website and facebook page. Please do not take anything said on this forum about the TPC as "official".

2. Classes this year...Brent released surveys via the TPC website after the show last year. We invited fans and pullers to respond. I can assure you we looked through every single survey submitted (approximately 150 of them if memory serves me correct). We tallied everything up and acted on those responses. The classes that we have this year are a reflection of those surveys. If your favorite class is not in this year, please take heart in knowing that you (the fans and pullers) have a say so in what classes we bring each year. Please look for surveys after TPC 2023 and submit. We are listening and will take all things into consideration.

3. Payouts from TPC 2022...I will be releasing general event numbers via the TPC FB page shortly. This is totally on me for not getting it out sooner as we said we would. Long story short, we took a loss on the show last year. That was due to a few factors but we are so very fortunate to have someone that sees the long term potential in what we are trying to do and covered the loss for us. One thing to note though, NONE of the pullers were left empty handed. We paid out to every puller that came. Whether they hooked one night or two, they received a check that covered their total entry fee plus some extra. Was it as good as we hoped it would be...not at all. But we made a promise that all pullers would walk away with more than their entry fee and we did just that. As to the winners payouts, some of them walked away with $4,900 checks for the weekend. $2,450 per night for the win is on par with major organizations for winners purses. But we did talk to pullers all summer long and listened to their input. We know we have room for improvement and will do just that. We want to do just as we said...we want to make this the thing into the largest payout for a pull in history. In order for that to happen, we need the fans support. That's how this all works. We had awesome sponsorship last year and look to do better with that this year, but this thing really depends on the fans support as we are trying to bring you guys the best show possible. We also rely on pullers letting their fans
know they will be there and/or want to be there (fan votes). And we are going to try and do the same thing this year, right, wrong, or indifferent. You have seen and will see changes this year but we are doing it to try and make this a bucket list pull for fans and pullers alike.

4. General critiques of TPC 2022...We (the committee) were insanely busy trying to get this thing off the ground and pulled off (no pun intended) last year that after the show was over, I was so burnt out that I had no desire to rewatch the livestream as pulling season was just getting ready to kick off for the summer. My hats off to all promoters as I now know I underestimated what it takes to pull off a show, let alone a two day show. I did however just recently watch the livestream. And what I saw Friday night was...in a few words...not great (I'm holding back true thoughts here lol). Now I am my own worst critic, but we as a whole were kind of in a "wow did we actually pull this off?" kind of mode and the Friday night session showed this so clearly. I was pretty disappointed with Friday nights show as a whole but it was not all doom and gloom. Sooo many areas to improve on. We learned a ton and corrected as much as we could for Saturday night. Saturday nights show was not perfect by any stretch but was much better than Friday. We had a post pull wrap up meeting a week after the show and made notes from everyone's input and have applied it to this year. Not sure we can do much better than that. Everyone on this forum has been to a pull. If you attend in person or catch the livestream this year, please please please fill out the survey after the show and tell us (constructively) how we can improve from your perspective. Your input is what we want and need!

Long winded post, but I wanted to reiterate that we are committed to doing this as long as the fan and puller support is there. Again, we will not take one cent from the pull. The entire gate, livestream, and sponsorship over and above our fixed costs will go into the purse. The absolute best that the pull can do is to break even so that we can bring a great show to the fans featuring the top tractors in the game today. Please stay tuned to the website and TPC FB page for official info about the pull. Huge thanks to the Morgan's for this forum and all that they do with this site. Again, DO NOT use any info disseminated here as official TPC info. If any of you would like to speak directly, I can be called, texted, messaged on FB, or message the TPC FB page and ask for myself or any other committee member. We will respond as soon as possible.

And watch the page and website for more info about the pull coming soon!

Paul Romack
217-273-0591

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2022 06:31AM by prmack.

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed November 10, 2022 07:31PM
This pull is very interesting concept. Curious how the selection committee selects tractors for the event?

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed November 11, 2022 12:26AM
Ihfan,

The selections are based on classes. Some are promoters choice and some are top points finishers plus fan votes to fill the classes. All info can be found on the Pullers Championship website. You can also reach me directly on Messenger or call my cell phone.

Paul Romack
(217)273-0591

[www.thepullerschampionship.com]

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed November 14, 2022 06:00PM
The principal was a good idea but the 4.1 class is a joke. Nobody puts pulling out there on Social media and burns more fuel going to promote the sport than Jason Schultz. If he is a true ambassador of the sport he shouldn't be a automatic bid. No first place at any sort of big pull and basically a field filler at most pulls. Cox's hickory hooker should be invited or about 20 other tractors. Good luck with the pull but this is nothing more than it's our sandbox and you can't come play. Do the right thing Jason if you actually care about a good show we're waiting to see you do what you preach. Get voted in at least

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed November 15, 2022 04:39AM
It amazes me how people wanna call others out and hide behind a screen name…..

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed November 15, 2022 05:49AM
Lim Pro Puller
The principal was a good idea but the 4.1 class is a joke. Nobody puts pulling out there on Social media and burns more fuel going to promote the sport than Jason Schultz. If he is a true ambassador of the sport he shouldn't be a automatic bid. No first place at any sort of big pull and basically a field filler at most pulls. Cox's hickory hooker should be invited or about 20 other tractors. Good luck with the pull but this is nothing more than it's our sandbox and you can't come play. Do the right thing Jason if you actually care about a good show we're waiting to see you do what you preach. Get voted in at least

He has done more for the sport than most of the country. I think he has done enough to deserve a spot in. Also he helps put on the event sooo.

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed November 15, 2022 10:12AM
Lim Pro Puller

Adrian was invited last year and declined. Call him and ask.

Re: The Pullers Championship 2023 Classes Revealed November 15, 2022 02:52PM
Lim Pro Puller
No first place at any sort of big pull/quote]

In your mind please enlighten us all what you define as a "big" pull.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520