NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 14, 2022 12:05PM
I really like the changes that have been made in the classes and class orders over the last few years. It has kept the pull from getting stale and now I easily look forward to the Farm Show more than any other pull other than BG. I love the Diesel Vs Alky battle and love the addition of light pros. It is also really nice having 4 classes per session now. I really enjoyed the syngenta pull contest last year and hope that they continue doing that with the same format this year. I know some disliked the removal of the 2nd light super session/finals too and I also really like the light supers but if they maybe rotate some classes to keep things from getting stale like I said earlier I think it would be good.

My lineup for next year would look like…

Wednesday

12-Light Pro Stock
12-Modified
12-Limited Pro Stock
12-Pro Stock

Thursday

12-Limited Pro Stock
12-Diesel Super Stock
12-Two Wheel Drive
12-Pro Stock

Friday

12-Super Stock Open(Alky)
12-Two Wheel Drive
12-Light Pro Stock
12-Pro Stock

Saturday Afternoon

12-Four Wheel Drive
12-Super Farm
12-Super Stock Diesel Four Wheel Drive
12-Light Super Stock

Saturday PM(Finals)

4 or 6-Modifieds
8-Limited Pro Stocks
8-Two Wheel Drives
8-Light Pro Stocks
8-Super Stock Combos
12-Pro Stocks

What’s everyone think?

I think it would be a good change and could tweak every year or 2. My schedule would still allow there to be Alky vs Diesel in the finals.
Also all of the non finals classes would run Saturday Afternoon allowing for both shows to be completely different Saturday…could always do a slightly raised purse for the top 4 in the non finals classes since they don’t get to run again.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes…what I would like to see. October 15, 2022 09:44AM
1. Upgraded sound system setup(I know the tiles are out so that makes it harder)

2. Scoreboard/Leaderboard that shows top/transfer positions so you can see what the leader is at and what the bubble distance is.

3. Driver Interaction…let some of the drivers that are in the leaders corner or drivers after the introductions shoot some T-shirts into the stands with a T-Shirt gun and get some good interviews with some of them.

4. Get a full 12 Diesel Trucks…I know they are hard to move around and a short track isn’t great for them but I still wouldn’t mind watching 2 more get a chance to go down the track.

Not really much to complain about really…last year was one of the best times that I have had at the Farm Show. My first year was 2013 and that was hard to top being my first time and seeing Warpath win in the ProStock Class was awesome but truthfully the quality of the show is much better now overall.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 16, 2022 09:18AM
Sounds good but the popping LSS just need to stay in the barn. I would be fine with dropping them all together. Chizek blackbourne wins class.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 17, 2022 11:51AM
Why not have a set of core classes every year, then rotate a couple different classes from year to year?

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 17, 2022 01:53AM
Needs another super farm class plus finals. Everybody complains about having too many single chargers or 24.5 classes but always boot super farm first. Why have 4.1, 540, and Pro Stock all at the same pull? They all sound the same. I'm not arguing because I really don't care that much, but I don't understand why some people will watch hot farm or 85 limited pros, but get rid of the super farm. Just confuses me.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 17, 2022 02:58AM
Its not that we want to get rid of super farm we just want fewer sessions of super farms to make room for other classes that dont get to pull there. Every class that pulls at the enderle pull off should be at nfms. We'd much rather see multiple classes with champions rather than fewer classes with more class fillers. After all this is the super bowl of tractor pulling.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 17, 2022 07:06AM
Y super farm. Drop a pro stock. Half them stink anyway.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 17, 2022 08:04AM
To Tomah Winner...

I would rather watch light pros over super farms because there is more competition among the brands, it is more of a drivers class, they sound better. (Lighter Weight, Smaller Cubes, Bigger Charger...just makes for a more fun class to watch) If there were a poll on what class people would want to watch more at the NFMS between Super Farm, Limited Pro and Light Pro. I would guess Super Farm would probably come in last. I would also argue that the Light Pro and Limited Pro Classes now have as much or more competitive tractors out there. I was trying to put together a list of 12 Light Pros and it is so hard because there are so many great tractor out there that would have a chance to win or be top 3.
I understand that you have ties to SF pulling so you look at the class in a different way than most people. I'm not saying get rid of em for good...I just like making tweaks to the show to keep it from getting stale.

To Puller2022

In my purposed schedule in the first post of this thread, I dropped a class of each of them. Also, Half of the Pros did not stink...but I think 36 Pros would be enough. I thought the Pro classes last year were actually pretty good.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 17, 2022 01:34PM
I like the super farms they are the one class that really does have color the 540 class the first year they had it was 90 %red i didnt see any color 8500 limited pro is 90 % red so what color are you talking about go to farm show every year for this pull its fine the way they do it heck drop a twd class the noise in the building and fumes is terrrible

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 17, 2022 05:13PM
SF has color? Besides Mastens, it's a Christmas tree like a lot of other classes.

I'm not picking on SF. I have a lot friends that run that class. But brand variety? No.

CP

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 18, 2022 12:37AM
Tomah winner
Needs another super farm class plus finals. Everybody complains about having too many single chargers or 24.5 classes but always boot super farm first. Why have 4.1, 540, and Pro Stock all at the same pull? They all sound the same. I'm not arguing because I really don't care that much, but I don't understand why some people will watch hot farm or 85 limited pros, but get rid of the super farm. Just confuses me.

Maybe I can shed a little light, on your Hot farm question.

BSTP Hot Farms are a good value, (hooks per dollar).

They make an excellent, core class to build around, (that's why they get booked so much).

With 20.8's, they give a visual que, making them (look) different from the rest.

The Super Farms are next to twins, (from the grandstand) with the 4.1's.

Mixing in the cooler vs none cooler and the fuel and water arguments, it's just easier to just hire the 4.1's.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 18, 2022 04:35AM
No problem with adding another 4.1 class. but to remove a LSS session while leaving 2 sf classes is the worst decision ever made

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 18, 2022 04:42AM
Just based on the amount of times people on this site talk about Light Pros, and Limited Pros, those two classes are extremely popular and will likely see more hooks at big pulls (NFMS, BG, Tomah, Chapel Hill, Hillsboro, etc)

Super Farm.....there are certainly fans but the cult following is far less than the other two classes mentioned based off nothing more than the amount of times the class is talked about on here.

But also there is nobody suggesting we get rid of Super Farm at NFMS, just saying cut the hooks back to allow for Limited Pros/Light Pros or both.

I'd still like to see minis added to NFMS

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 18, 2022 04:52AM
next year take out one sf session and replace with one of the following 3

1. bring back the 2nd lss sesion
2. add second lt. pro
3. add back a ss class like it used to be with 12 of each and then run combined finals

all 3 of these options would be a very simple and instant improvement over current format

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 18, 2022 05:16AM
This sounds like a good plan as well…All 3 ideas are good!

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 18, 2022 05:31AM
"Just based on the amount of times people on this site talk about Light Pros, and Limited Pros, those two classes are extremely popular and will likely see more hooks at big pulls (NFMS, BG, Tomah, Chapel Hill, Hillsboro, etc)

Super Farm.....there are certainly fans but the cult following is far less than the other two classes mentioned based off nothing more than the amount of times the class is talked about on here."

Based on your thought process and based on the number of times any given class is talked about on here there should be 5 sessions of LLSS at NFMS. Lol!

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 18, 2022 05:59AM
My thoughts are a little off the wall but I would like to see a Friday afternoon show added and make both shows on Saturday 'Finals'.

Add another class of 4wd trucks to Friday and maybe even diesel trucks if you could get enough and let them have a 'finals' on Saturday afternoon.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull changes October 18, 2022 08:13AM
BrandonA
Just based on the amount of times people on this site talk about Light Pros, and Limited Pros, those two classes are extremely popular and will likely see more hooks at big pulls (NFMS, BG, Tomah, Chapel Hill, Hillsboro, etc)

Super Farm.....there are certainly fans but the cult following is far less than the other two classes mentioned based off nothing more than the amount of times the class is talked about on here.

But also there is nobody suggesting we get rid of Super Farm at NFMS, just saying cut the hooks back to allow for Limited Pros/Light Pros or both.

I'd still like to see minis added to NFMS

Really I'm not mad at all cause you have to be a certain type of person that likes to pull indoors. I do feel that LLSS and 4.1 and Light Pro all deserve to be at NFMS, but still have 2 sessions of Super farm. Why can't they add another class to each session and start them a little earlier? Have 5 classes Wednesday night and Thursday night. I would like to see minis there. I would like to see another session of FWD to the show.

Here would be my list if all sessions had 5 classes.

Wednesday Night
FWD
SF
MOD
LIGHT PRO
PRO STOCK

Thursday Night
SF
PRO STOCK
TWD
LSS
DSS

Friday Night
PRO STOCK
ALKY SUPER STOCK
LIMITED PRO
MINI
TWD

Saturday Afternoon
PRO STOCK
LIGHT PRO
SSD4x4
FWD
LSS

Saturday Night Finals
PRO STOCK
SF
MOD
TWD
DSS/USS
LSS
LIMITED PRO

All these are subject to change. some changes to be made would be have 1 session of light pro, maybe 1 session of light super stock and no finals with 2 sessions of SSD4x4 and finals. My first class I would take away from NFMS would be TWD. I wouldn't mind another mod session. But let's all be honest. NFMS Championship tractor pull was built around super stock, pro stock, mods, and individual sessions of two wheel drive, four wheel drive, and minis. These are all my opinion.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520