What is a good payout October 23, 2022 01:08AM
There has been multiple people that advertise an event on here with the payout for that event. Then others come on and talk about how good or bad they feel the payout is. So my question is, if someone is to host an event, what should the payout be for each class(Pro, Limited Pro, Limited Pro Diesel Trucks, Hotfarm, LLSS, etc)? How far back should they payout? If someone is planning on hosting an event in 2023 and wanting to add to their event, what are they looking at for payout? This isn't to see what organization you think you should get. Example, If you own a Limited Pro, how much payout would it take for you to get interested in going to an event?

Re: What is a good payout October 23, 2022 03:24AM
Ok I will get trashed for this opinion by some but here goes. For your everyday type events and weekly pulls the payouts are probably as good as they can get. $1,200 or so to win most classes is all most promoters can afford. But for your big GN two day or bigger events $5,000 to win should not be unachievable. Its done all across the country from dirt races to rodeos. All it takes is the willingness to find sponsors and then put that money into the purse for the pullers. It is very possible. Its mostly not done because it hasn't needed to be. Pulling is dominated by mostly (not all) ag related families who have shown repeatedly there willingness to drive hundreds of miles and put on a show for close to nothing. They might complain from time to time but they still do it. And I get it its a fun time and one hell of an adrenaline rush, but we need to demand a bit more compensation for our time and efforts. I also think with the money invested and $5 fuel there should be a $50 to $100 show up money.

Re: What is a good payout October 23, 2022 05:51AM
Rodeos pay huge money out, and the cowboys,girls, women have very little invested, WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING WRONG HERE !!!!!

Re: What is a good payout October 23, 2022 07:02AM
Most of the rodeos have big sponsorship. Such as Wrangler, Ford, Lucas Oil ect...

Re: What is a good payout October 23, 2022 07:55AM
Go out and get some damb sponsors like everyone else. And stop advertising for free. I know it sounds stupid and people will go nuts but if everyone painted there tractors primer grey untill case ih or john deere threw in some money things could change.

Re: What is a good payout October 23, 2022 08:27AM
They spent it on Golf and Football.

Should tell you something.

Case IH IS a major sponsor October 23, 2022 11:07AM
So
Go out and get some damb sponsors like everyone else. And stop advertising for free. I know it sounds stupid and people will go nuts but if everyone painted there tractors primer grey untill case ih or john deere threw in some money things could change.
It appears that you are not paying attention So!
For your information, Case IH is a major sponsor of the NTPA and some of their dealerships also sponsor some sleds in the business. So don't say that manufacturers are not in the game. Because they are.

Re: Case IH IS a major sponsor October 23, 2022 11:45AM
I pay attention quite well. Yes CNH is involved some but no where near the level of money they dump into other sports. Atleast if they are the money is not making it to the pullers. Ever been to a nascar race and seen the money thrown around. Last one i went to was new holland everything. And lots of college football games i listen to on the radio are in the case ih red zone. But you know the big ten just signed a billion dollar (with a Cool tv deal. But keep making excuses and pulling your high dollar equipment for pennies. I have no problem with other people wasting their money. For me personally I spend most my time now days racing imca dirt for more money with 1/4 the investment i had in tractor pulling. Someday I hope to return to tractor pulling but not unless lots of things change. But i will always remain a fan.

Re: What is a good payout October 23, 2022 10:41PM
Georgee
Rodeos pay huge money out, and the cowboys,girls, women have very little invested, WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING WRONG HERE !!!!!

I wouldn't be so sure about that statement. Compared to tractor pulling, it's a small drop in the bucket. Unfortunately, the barrel racers have the most invested along with team ropers and calf ropers along with the guys that do steer wrestling as well. A good horse could be five figures easily when you get into it deep to however much you want to spend. let alone a new pickup and trailer these days to get you there can be almost $300k +..... any of the bucking classes I'll agree with you on, until you factor in medical bills. it's not all peaches and cream. especially coming from a family that did this for a living.

Re: What is a good payout October 23, 2022 11:07PM
Rodeos bitching, no matter the input, payout are huge !!!!!!!Duh.

Re: What is a good payout October 24, 2022 04:14AM
300k plus for a pickup,and horse trailer, what the He** are you smoking,unless you go beyond reason, that is a personal fault you have to own.

Re: What is a good payout October 24, 2022 04:39AM
[www.horseclicks.com]

[www.racingjunk.com]

Adds up quick.

Re: What is a good payout October 24, 2022 07:07AM
If you choose to go High end,-TOP shelf, -you aren't on here complaining, other wanna bees are complaining, but don't buy over their heads with high end stuff, and tell me how tough it is out there. Plenty of great used units of all levels that are much more affordable and with much Life left. I don't pass out crackers to those that wanna whine over a choice.

Re: What is a good payout October 24, 2022 05:48AM
You obviously know nothing of what horse trailers are worth, or what it is to commit to the circuit for a championship (NFR).

It entails driving distances and miles well beyond what many pullers currently do, with a schedule that is significantly less favorable (busy). Many events require a horse of your own for competition. They can be worth as much or more than many pulling tractors.

Like anything else, you get involved at the price point you can afford.

Re: What is a good payout October 24, 2022 05:05AM
Georgee
Many times they have their LIFE INVESTED. I would argue thats an investment far beyond what we talk about here. My wife's cousin is a bronc rider, a pretty good one, and he just got back to riding recently after having shoulder surgery and months long rehab...and he is one of the lucky ones.

When a part breaks on a vehicle they can usually be fixed within hours, days at the most. Rodeo participants are more likely to feel their "breakage" for the remainder of their lives. Whatever compensation they get is minor penance for the risk incurred.

Its the allure of danger or the good ride that draws the fans and the money in, from the all-hat, no cattle types that want to be like them, the women who want to be with them, and the men whose last go-round has long since happened who wish they had one more good ride in them.

Re: What is a good payout October 24, 2022 05:57AM
You don't mention the big payout, why ! Cause they are (can be) HUGE !!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's a choice "YOU " make to drive, be injured, but spend. I drove,towed tractor and trailer, 2000 miles,tolls and costs near 1800bucks - to win 14 $$$$$$$$$ and a Championship. Bull riders have about 200 bucks invested, someone else brings their ride. No matter how you tally the money in pulling, -it is scarce.

Re: What is a good payout October 24, 2022 07:48AM
Georgee

1) We want more power, and the only way to get more power is to spend more, and 2) we should've been paying more a long time ago. I just have that feeling its too late.

Re: What is a good payout October 24, 2022 12:50PM
1. Lots of ways to get more power without spending more. The just spend more additude is what most people have right before they go belly up. So good luck with that.
2. I am glad most people don't have the additude of should be better but its to late now. If everyone thought like you the world would be a very sad place.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,700, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard