Keyboard Puller No More! October 31, 2022 08:49AM
Alrighty, since the subject has your attention, and if you have been following along the past 3-4 days on FB I issued a challenge.

I am part of a group that raffles off an antique pulling tractor each year at the Tunica Southern Nationals in Tunica, Mississippi the first weekend of December. Since 2015, pullers and interested parties have raised close to a half-million dollars for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital that is in nearby-to-Tunica, Memphis, TN.

This year's tractor/build is a 460U International with a freshly-rebuilt RD501, we call it the "Diamondstrator." It will get final paint and polish before it's given away of course, but it has had a busy summer in the Midwest. This is a great machine for the 6-8mph classes and balances really well. Get on it, drive it, and go!

So what's the challenge?

Since I haven't been on a tractor in 8 years, I thought it might be interesting to do a challenge of sorts to get me in the seat...to either confirm my status as a professional keyboard puller/hack or create a glimmer of credibility on-track. Lose, win, fail, hero, or fool, I'll get in the seat this week in White Pine, Tennessee for the ETATA indoor event...but the goal has to be met. The point is to raise money for St. Jude, and however it plays out, so be it!

The challenge is $5000 by 12am this Thursday. As of 4:30pm ET today 10/31, we're at $2,900. Get involved for a good cause, and you may win a very good pulling tractor!

Here's the Ticket Link At the link there are online and mail-in options for tickets. MAKE SURE to reply with your phone number when you get your email confirmation. Do not have to be present to win!

I'm sure there will be video...but 5K has to happen before the deadline. Our last raffle tractor brought in $63k, the year prior a Super M and JD G did close to 150K...The sky's the limit on this one, help make it happen for the kids!

Video from Shumway, IL

Video from Mackville Nationals - Mackville, Wisconsin

Re: Keyboard Puller No More! October 31, 2022 09:26AM
This a HUGE deal for the sport of pulling. For what is it 7? 8 years? The group behind this has been turning people into pullers by raffling off the tractor and in all that time, every penny has gone to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. This is a place where miracles are performed at no expense to the families. I've been at Tunica when these have been given away. On the weekend some live auctions happen as well. The year that 2 tractors were given away, Houston Jackson did 1:16 replicas of both to auction off. The Farmall M replica proudly has sat on my home office desk ever since. I've met kids at this event that are here today because of what that hospital can do and shook hands with the people from the hospital who come out to express their gratitude for what the pulling community came together to do. I've seen the men who worked the hardest to make it a success tear up when the numbers come in. It means that much.

I kicked in $100 the morning this challenge was announced and may get more before the week is over. It really is a great cause and a chance to directly do something for someone in their hour of need. You might even become a puller yourself.

Click the link. It takes less than a minute to give.

Thanks,

CP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2022 09:28AM by cpr.

Re: Keyboard Puller No More! October 31, 2022 03:06PM
Had some good response so far but still not to the goal! Thanks to all who have contributed!

St Jude Benefit Raffle Tractor November 01, 2022 04:29PM
Can't believe someone gave that a thumbs down. How we doing on this?

This is important. None of us make anything off of it. There are contributors to this site that I will not call out who have had prayers answered by this hospital.

Please make a difference and possibly score yourself a bad light class tractor.

CP

Re: St Jude Benefit Raffle Tractor November 01, 2022 06:41PM
We're at $3,320 now, so that means by my simple Kentucky math $1,680 from the goal of this challenge.

Hit the link to make the difference for a worthy cause.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Over the Top! $5750 Bravo! November 02, 2022 08:38AM
I received a phone call from a very charitable puller in Wisconsin...

"Bryan, I want to donate to the project, x,xxx"

Me - "gasp" - "Awesome!"

"Who do I make the check out to and where do I send it?"

Me - "Send the check to me...make the check directly out to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital so I can submit it and keep track of it on my end."

"Will do. Text me your address."

Me - "Thanks so much for the support!"

-click-

Total stands now at $5750 for this portion of the campaign....and the gauntlet has been thrown down to do more for St. Jude

If anyone wants to make a similar donation to St. Jude and get in on the campaign - text me. 27O 202- 6 7 42.

Thanks to all who support these St. Jude Raffle Tractor projects!!

Re: Keyboard Puller No More! November 02, 2022 11:54AM
I took it as they were saying thumbs down to the part that said they have not hit their goal. Maybe I’m reading into it wrong, but I hope that’s what they meant.

Awesome donation from Wisconsin!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2022 11:54AM by Stretch.

Re: Keyboard Puller No More! Update November 03, 2022 06:35AM
Ill for sure make a hook Saturday on the tractor, pulling the Heartbreaker 2 sled. While the sled is much different from when the NWOTPA had it, I am looking forward to hook to possibly the most iconic sled ever built...to pull a sled that all my childhood heroes hooked to. Video to follow...and thanks again for the support!

Re: Keyboard Puller No More! VIDEO November 05, 2022 02:51PM
Video

-haven't been on a tractor in 8 years
-shoulda been up a gear
-shoulda moved 75# to the back
-could not have had more fun-win lose, draw, fail, or fool.

Thanks to all who have donated!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,699, Posts: 229,799, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard