what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 03:06AM
what does the zero emission future mean for pulling? will diesels be a thing of the past? will it be the end of pulling?

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 04:00AM
Zero emissions will NEVER be a reality. It's simply a way to add a green tax to everything. That said, they will come after motorsports for emissions at some point. Pulling is such a small fish that it may be able to slide under the radar a little longer than other motorsports but it will come eventually.

The US economy and to collapse of the dollar and the world economy will impact this motorsport much more in coming years.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 04:10AM
Jake Morgan
Zero emissions will NEVER be a reality. It's simply a way to add a green tax to everything. That said, they will come after motorsports for emissions at some point. Pulling is such a small fish that it may be able to slide under the radar a little longer than other motorsports but it will come eventually.

The US economy and to collapse of the dollar and the world economy will impact this motorsport much more in coming years.

The stock car boys will through pulling under the bus, as soon as they start feeling some heat.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 04:19AM
There is fantastic opportunity to sell pulling as the only motorsport where it's competitor base produces it's own fuel as a renewable resource. Overcoming the challenges of those fuels is urgent.

Thinking three steps ahead, and this is all posturing of course, a motorsports venue could proclaim X number of acres associated with the property that is wooded/grassland to remain that way in perpetuity to "offset" emissions produced by the competitors and fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2022 04:23AM by Bryan Lively.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 05:16AM
Bryan,

I have to respectfully disagree. I think we're past "renewable fuels". I don't think that's what the radical environmentalist want. They don't see that as "green" anymore. Sure, it once was but the Overton Window has quickly shifted. They see any and all internal combustion engines as polluters and problematic (maybe with the exception of hydrogen powered engines). The radical environmentalist see electricity as 100% carbon neutral and zero emissions (which is obviously not even close to true, but hey, why expect them to do any real homework).

The radical environmentalist will simply see black smoke as a problem. They don't care if it grows in a field. They don't really care about carbon offsets. They just care about perception and not reality. Alcohol powered vehicles won't be exempt from their scorn. They will see them as unnecessary polluters that simply pollute for fun with no real purpose. If they can smell the alcohol and feel it burn their eye they'll have tears of rage against it.

"Green fuels" for internal combustion engines are so yesterday for the radicals (and as we've seen it's the radicals driving the left).

I don't think I'll be too interested in E-Pulling but I also don't think all parts of America will cave-in to the radicals any time soon.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 07:11AM
Jake -

You have every right to disagree with me and you know I respect your opinions whether I agree or not.

That being said, you failed in your reply: a suitable alternative to my solution. You more or less in your statement acquiesed to the radical environmentalists, that they control the narrative and there is nothing we can do to counter that.

We might as well give up.

Not me however.

Its a far greater issue at hand...they take our motorsports, then they'll wail on about how our boats and other recreational vehicles (SxS, ATVs, Jet Skis, etc.) Then, it will likely be illegal to set a campfire for fear of emissions impact while eating our vegan protein bars because of environmental tragedy of cow and pig farts means that hot dog is illegal.

Thats a heck of a wormhole to go down isnt it, but by your metric thats where we are headed, arent we?

Back up, start again, what do we do?

Im all ears.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 09:56AM
Bryan,

I offered a solution in the last sentience: don't cave-in and do not comply. That in the ONLY solution. That's not acquiescing to the radical environmentalists, that's simply saying no. Green fuels will not pacify them. Nothing other than complete compliance will pacify them. Instead we need to ignore them. Do our thing, for our reasons, not their agenda.

To OG,

Sure there are tons of Green fuel subsidies right now...lobbyists haven't disappeared so of course there are subsidies. The push is for electric (yes it's a hopeless, pointless pipe dream but that's where the radical environmentalist are headed). The left has been very, very clear on where they want to take us as far as energy is concerned. Right leaning politicians and lobbyists will push for green fuels (and should because they make more sense than electric) but make no mistake about where the left wants to take us.

Let me also be clear, if pulling want to "go green" and burn biofuel and ethanol I'm 100% for it. I've stated numerous times in the past that burning what we produce makes sense to me. I'm always in favor of supporting our own domestic industry. I'm simply saying that "green fuels" won't pacify the radical left so if pulling wants to go "green" then we need to know why we're doing it, but if it's for pacification then it's not going to work.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 01:52PM
Not to get into a political debate but no party has been a bigger supporter of biofuels than the Dems. Republicans (for the most part) have tried to derail them at every opportunity. Pulling would be wise to hop on the renewable diesel bus.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 02:12PM
Jake,
Not complying and standing our ground are not solutions. Here's a thought, lets be PROACTIVE rather than REACTIVE to any perceived challenges that face the sport. Get ahead of the curve, demonatrate and articulate changes, perceived or real, to protect this sport we love.

Advocating and adopting biofuels isnt a horrible idea and its not naive. Marketed and promoted correctly we might just get left alone.

Stand our ground? No...push back! Use their playbook against them!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 12, 2022 08:15AM
Bryan Lively
Advocating and adopting biofuels isnt a horrible idea and its not naive. Marketed and promoted correctly we might just get left alone.

As I said... I'm 100% for adopting biofuels, I think they're a great option but not for the same reasons.

If you want to think like a radical environmentalist divorce yourself from reality. They want us to eat crickets instead of: pork, beef, and chicken.... they want to make synthetic milk because of cow farts (yes they are trying to make actual synthetic milk). They throw soup on historic works of art, they glue themselves to a Porsche and then complain about the lack of bathroom services while glued to said Porsche. They slash tires as a protest and the result is more tires need to be made and a bunch of slashed tires will now need to get recycled and waste more energy. They detest anything that burns fuel and especially anything that smokes. Gas stoves and Natural Gas hookups are being banned in some cities.... yes, they are banning them in new construction in cities... NATURAL GAS cooking stoves and heat. One of the cleanest burning fuels... BANNED. (They'd ban a Natural Gas ProStock let alone a biodiesel ProStock!). They don't care if guys rolling coal are burning petroleum diesel or biodiesel, they hate it all. They see no real difference. They think almost all electricity is produced by a combination of wind, fairy dust, solar, and unicorns. They think mining is horrible for the environment but yet they need the latest iPhone every year and have no idea where the batteries come from. As S'no Farmer and others have said, they have no idea where anything really comes from including obvious things like food. They don't know how products are made, or what environmental impact the manufacture of those products actually have. They don't care about facts or reality, they just care about perception, looks, and especially emotion. To them ALL black smoke looks evil and makes them sad/mad.

Trying to appease them is like trying to appease the angry twitter mob, it's never enough and they'll just keep moving the goal posts any chance they get. The extreme environmental radicals are currently the vast minority but as the window shifts left (it always seems to) they will become the majority.

They detest us, they detest our values, they detest our way of life. They think they are the intellectual elites and that people who enjoy motosports are just toothless rubes. They elevate Greta Thunberg as a high priestess and mother Earth as their dying Deity. You won't beat them at their game and you won't appease them.

There's a reason why all of us are not still wearing masks... we stopped complying (some sooner than others). Covid is still here. The science never changed (the science always showed masks never worked but reality didn't matter). People are still getting Covid. People are still dying. The only thing that changed...we did not comply. The only science that change was Political Science. They lost control of their mask narrative because we didn't comply.

In a logical World I'd agree with you 100%, sadly we're no longer in a logical and/or fact driven World.

Again, I think it would be great if pulling was promoting biofuels but it won't buy the sport any real goodwill or any time.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 12, 2022 09:42AM
100% agree.

At risk of having to move this post to the Off-Topic Forum, how did twitter come to define our country? I, and many more, are not participants there and may leave the 3 places I do participate in.

That aside, the diesel drag race world could astonish everyone when it comes to emissions. AFRs in the 30:1 range. No one else is doing that, but because you can see smoke at spool up It's evil.

CP

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 08:28AM
Jake Morgan
Bryan,

I have to respectfully disagree. I think we're past "renewable fuels". I don't think that's what the radical environmentalist want. They don't see that as "green" anymore. Sure, it once was but the Overton Window has quickly shifted. They see any and all internal combustion engines as polluters and problematic (maybe with the exception of hydrogen powered engines). The radical environmentalist see electricity as 100% carbon neutral and zero emissions (which is obviously not even close to true, but hey, why expect them to do any real homework).

The radical environmentalist will simply see black smoke as a problem. They don't care if it grows in a field. They don't really care about carbon offsets. They just care about perception and not reality. Alcohol powered vehicles won't be exempt from their scorn. They will see them as unnecessary polluters that simply pollute for fun with no real purpose. If they can smell the alcohol and feel it burn their eye they'll have tears of rage against it.

"Green fuels" for internal combustion engines are so yesterday for the radicals (and as we've seen it's the radicals driving the left).

I don't think I'll be too interested in E-Pulling but I also don't think all parts of America will cave-in to the radicals any time soon.

You couldn't be more mistaken here. There are huge government subsidies going to making fuels from oil seeds. The airline industry is about to turn ag on it's ears with it's plans for slapping "made from sustainable aviation fuels" on it's plane. As usually pulling is missing the boat on a huge opportunity here. "Green Fuels" for internal combustion engines are just taking off in a big way... pardon the pun. Google the expansion in US Soybean crush if you have time. It's coming in a big big way.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 10:19AM
Jake Morgan
I think we're past "renewable fuels". I don't think that's what the radical environmentalist want. They don't see that as "green" anymore. Sure, it once was but the Overton Window has quickly shifted. They see any and all internal combustion engines as polluters and problematic (maybe with the exception of hydrogen powered engines). The radical environmentalist see electricity as 100% carbon neutral and zero emissions (which is obviously not even close to true, but hey, why expect them to do any real homework).

Who are these "radical environmentalists" you are talking about?

Nobody is taking my diesel truck, my guns or preventing diesel tractors from shooting smoke into the sky. You can do all of the hand wringing you like, but it ain't happening while any of us are still walking on God's green earth.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 07:36AM
The EPA will make it impossible to get to the pull, before they regulate the sport itself. There are way more emissions emited into the atmosphear from our trucks and haulers than from the pulling tractors and trucks themselves. Taxing fuel and making emissions extreamly stringent on haulers and semi trucks is just the first couple of steps. Possibly in the distant future mandating electric semi trucks and pickups with crappy range and slow charging times. Turnning a 5 hour one way trip into a 2 day event. Ohh, and electric is far from 0 carbon or 0 emissions. Probably never put restrictions on the motorsport itself. As for renewable fuels, there are no tax credits for wood stoves and they are 100% renewable. In fact in most towns have ordinances to ban them. Not for the renewable portion but for the soot and smoke emissions. Forgive my poor spelling and lack of proper vocabulary.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 08:51AM
They won't take away everything to entertain and distract the population, the population must have their "bread and circuses." The fuel spent on traveling from major league stick and ball sports, NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA sports, etc. the teams and the fans, dwarf whatever amount tractor pulling spends on fuel. We saw a tiny example of that in 2020, with things getting cancelled. If the average person actually shut off their TV for a while and did some reading and thinking for themselves, it could be a very dangerous thing for those in power, for either political party. That's why I don't think most sports will be bothered except to do some silly promotions for phony examples of "Look how Green and responsible we are!"

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 11:49AM
It's funny I've been thinking alot about how things are gonna be in this country the next 5 to 10 years. Mostly for business reasons, but also pulling. If we continue on with the crazies driving the narrative I'm not sure if diesel motorsports specifically will be a thing much longer, simply because how it looks. The black smoke. I, you, we love it right? Of course we do! But how does the simple minded public view it? I'm not sure anymore to be honest. Do we need to transition everything to ethanol power? I don't know, but I think it's a conversion that needs to start being had. I'm a diesel guy and I'm concerned. Maybe the current state of things has me more doom and gloom than I should be I guess, I sure hope so. This is an interesting topic, hope some more discussion will ease my anxiety.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 11, 2022 03:47PM
If I may throw in my 5 cents:

Has nobody of you ever heard of synthetic fuels? We have very little to worry:
Check this.
[press.siemens-energy.com]).
These e-fuels are supposed to power planes, AG equipment, and overland trucks in the future - well - and Formula 1 pretty soon.
There are "fuel plants" here producing these synthetic E-fuels already on a smaller scale.

This is all based on Hydrogen production (our government has just dumped 200 billion dollars into further developing the hydrogen industry, to become independent of LNG).

In the Netherlands and Germany, the pullers decided to run with eco-friendly fuel only like three years ago already:
[www.neste.us]
These are not "biofuels", processed out of plants, like the stuff we had 30 years ago that killed your pumps and some engines, but synthetic fuels, that exceed the standards of regular fuel (70+ cetan - our pullers love it).

Shipyards here are already fitting new ships with methanol engines, as methanol can be produced easier from wind and solar (hydrogen) than gas and diesel - and methanol is supposed to be part of the "green deal" for sea transport. They'll be making lots of it!
A puller here already bought 250 gallons of C02-neutral methanol from one of those experimental fuel plants.

Do you know how much fun it is, to put stickers on your tractors, saying "C02 neutral" and basically shoving that up the tree huggers' butts?
We had some pretty good media coverage about this already and some pretty stupid-looking "Gretas" after 2 minutes of discussion.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2022 03:59PM by Sascha.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 12, 2022 03:17AM
Just a little glimpse into the brainwashed minds of the youngest generations. I saw an on the street interview with a twenty something male, his take on the environment...we need to do away with farming because they are the biggest polluters of the environment. This is what these kids are are learning in our educational system.

How can anyone live to be 20 and not know where their food comes from? Extend that mentality to the new green deal and they think it's not nearly enough. In their utopian world we all die of boredom because anything that involves moving humans from one place to another for fun or entertainment will be off limits. Everyone will work from home and never leave for fear of polluting. I'm not sure where they will get their food because the farmers will be shut down and trucking...NO WAY!!!

I would say they are uneducated but unfortunately that's not the case, rather they are indoctrinated with ideology that doesn't jive with most Americans. The hope is that it's mostly happening in the big city schools but I worried that's not totally true.

S'no Farmer

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 12, 2022 04:44AM
Todd, you bring up something that jarred my memory, I use to work in Indiana (heartland of farming crossroads) and worked with a guy that was 34yrs old at the time that had no clue where milk came from, said they always just went to the store an got it , still blows my mind to this day and that was back in 93.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 12, 2022 05:13AM
I was drafted into the Nam war, meet many guys from all over, many knew nothing but their back yard, one had never heard of Iowa,one never drove a car, many thought that milk came from the grocery. Keep in mind at that time you could elect to go into the service - rather than go to jail for some crimes. "HELLO"

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 13, 2022 06:04AM
„Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire.“ — Fred Dibnah

Source: [quotepark.com]

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 14, 2022 10:16AM
I just got back from 2075 and you will be happy there are still tractor pulls. They are all electric powered. They started off boring with no noise or smoke, but evolved to playing recordings of tractor pulls from the past over a loud speaker. They also have a stack that blows bubbles out into the crowd. The kid's really love it

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 17, 2022 07:42AM
There is a lot of straw-manning and unnecessary hand-wringing on this thread. Tractor pulling is so inconsequential as far as carbon and particulate emissions go that it is unlikely to ever be specifically regulated by the federal government. If anything, for cultural reasons, sanctioned motorsports are likely to be exempted from a regulatory scheme that mandated zero carbon emissions, even if such a regulatory scheme existed (and it doesn't).

Also, it's possible to be both a pulling fan and pro-environment. You probably know more of 'em than you think.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 17, 2022 07:48AM
Everyone on here is "pro environment" especially the farmers. What we aren't is woke... C02 is plant food..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2022 12:45AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 18, 2022 04:01AM
F-30/460puller
Everyone on here is "pro environment" especially the farmers. What we aren't is woke... C02 is plant food..

Gratifying as it is to throw around playground epithets like "woke," the term does not showcase one's thinking abilities. CO2 is not just plant food. Water is also plant food. But too much of it in a system can have bad effects (drowning is the easiest example). Until about 20 years ago, it was uncontroversial that CO2 was a greenhouse gas, that atmospheric greenhouse gasses could warm the earth, and that temperature increases would be harmful to global populations. Global warming, and CO2, did not become the controversy it is now until folks started talking about doing something to slow it down. Now, conveniently, global warming is part of the culture war, and there are as many excuses to not care about the issue as there are crayons in a box. Emitting as much CO2 as one wants has become wrapped up into an identity. It's completely silly.

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 18, 2022 06:26AM
Eye Rolling Air is super clean where I am. So clean they are putting up windmills to blow it around and solar farms to use all the sunshine lol lol

Re: what does zero emissions mean for pulling November 18, 2022 09:26AM
Truth

Gratifying as it is to throw around playground epithets like "woke," the term does not showcase one's thinking abilities. CO2 is not just plant food. Water is also plant food. But too much of it in a system can have bad effects (drowning is the easiest example). Until about 20 years ago, it was uncontroversial that CO2 was a greenhouse gas, that atmospheric greenhouse gasses could warm the earth, and that temperature increases would be harmful to global populations. Global warming, and CO2, did not become the controversy it is now until folks started talking about doing something to slow it down. Now, conveniently, global warming is part of the culture war, and there are as many excuses to not care about the issue as there are crayons in a box. Emitting as much CO2 as one wants has become wrapped up into an identity. It's completely silly.

Top 10 post on this websites history and most will disagree with it. Well said Truth

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,711, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520