One mistake "National" pulling series keep making November 20, 2022 05:50AM
There are several that get discussed all the time, but the Lucas Oil announcement reminds me that almost any touring motorsports series has a 2023 schedule posted, some for months.

Yet, all pulling groups wait until after the new year. Even preliminary schedules given out at points banquets typically aren't shared with the general public until months later.

For smaller organizations, maybe not as critical, but a National series should function as such, which includes scheduling. This isn't just NASCAR or NHRA. Much smaller groups than these have 2023 schedules posred.

Caveat- we understand PPL as it's been is in transition, but the topic is more broadly about the big 3 and doing things the same way and expexting different results.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2022 06:08AM by The Original Michael.

Re: One mistake "National" pull8ng series keep making November 20, 2022 06:05AM
Can't put out a scedual that early when you got the big three constantly fighting with each other for dates and pulls. Pulling is the death of itself because to many are blinded by their own ego to see whats good for the sport as a whole.

Re: One mistake "National" pull8ng series keep making November 20, 2022 09:49AM
Answer one OG have OBVIOUSLY never booked pulls, nor have they EVER attended a fairs/festival convention.
The carnivals are IN FACT in charge of what fairs get what carnivals, and when.
I have had a fair change their date, during the fairs/festival convention, while I was trying to sell them a pull.
Just a FACT.

100% truth November 20, 2022 10:23AM
Amen!

Awnser
Can't put out a scedual that early when you got the big three constantly fighting with each other for dates and pulls. Pulling is the death of itself because to many are blinded by their own ego to see whats good for the sport as a whole.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2022 10:24AM by Cody.

pulling is different November 20, 2022 06:37AM
Due to the venues we participate at (county fairs), most fair conventions are after the first of the year. If a new fairboard is elected, loses money, etc.; this plays a huge role in whether or not contracts are renewed. So it’s not that they don’t want to put it out, and most instances they can’t until Fair Managers conventions are over. Just one of the down sides of the sport.

Re: pulling is different November 20, 2022 06:45AM
Poster Answer above is totally wrong. Jeremy has the actual reason. Plain and simple. Pulling doesn't dictate Fair schedules. Neither do concerts, or demo derbies or anything else. The availability of the carnivals do. That gets hammered out at fair conventions usually in January in the midwest. That really is all there is to it.

Now, whether the sport should escape the county fair scene at it's highest levels is another question, but the various sanctioning bodies can ill-afford to ignore it completely.

CP

Re: pulling is different November 20, 2022 08:34AM
Well if thats what you want to believe then I don't care but your wrong. Over half the pulls I attend are stand alone events not county fairs. The major pulls are stand alone and thoes are the ones people want to see the scedual for. As for the carnivals dictating the entire fair scedual I find that hilarious. Most county fairs around me don't even have a carnival anymore and to think the carnivals more important then the rest of the events is asinine.

Re: pulling is different November 20, 2022 08:51AM
I think you can find the dates for all the “major” pulls right now.Tomah, Wisner, NTPC, etc. have their dates set long before now.

What “major” pulls would you like to know the dates for that you can’t find them right now?

Re: pulling is different November 20, 2022 11:50AM
You can't spell "schedule", but you nail a big boy word like "asinine"?

Re: pulling is different November 20, 2022 08:44AM
cpr
Poster Answer above is totally wrong. Jeremy has the actual reason. Plain and simple. Pulling doesn't dictate Fair schedules. Neither do concerts, or demo derbies or anything else. The availability of the carnivals do. That gets hammered out at fair conventions usually in January in the midwest. That really is all there is to it.

Now, whether the sport should escape the county fair scene at it's highest levels is another question, but the various sanctioning bodies can ill-afford to ignore it completely.

CP

LOL. The carnies don't decide fair dates. Most haven't changed in decades. The date of every county fair was known long ago. What "entertainment event" they are going to schedule may not be known but that should have little effect on National Level pulling schedules.

Re: pulling is different November 20, 2022 09:54AM
County fairs have everything to do with the national schedule. Outside of Tomah, Bowling Green, Chapel Hill, Benson and a few other stand alone events 80-90% of our events are held at county fairs. For instance the Ohio Fair Manager’s convention isn’t until January. So right now fairboards are discussing what they want for entertainment next year. Then in January when they go to the convention, NTPA will have a booth or room, sane with OSTPA and contracts are signed or events booked. You can’t put out a national schedule until all the individual state fair managers conventions are over. I really don’t know how much simpler I can break it down for you. Stand alone events already know their dates. The rest not so much.

Re: pulling is different November 20, 2022 01:19PM
Go to a fair convention every 5th year when calendar dates regress a weekend and watch the chaos ensue among fair boards comprised of people who weren't there the last time it happened, but what the heck do I know?

CP

Re: One mistake "National" pulling series keep making November 20, 2022 01:51PM
The dirt series you speak of first race is in January so ya I’d say it would be a good idea the release a schedule before the new year. January race. Schedule released in November is equivalent to first pull in June schedule released in April.

Re: One mistake "National" pulling series keep making November 21, 2022 12:49AM
Duh
The dirt series you speak of first race is in January so ya I’d say it would be a good idea the release a schedule before the new year. January race. Schedule released in November is equivalent to first pull in June schedule released in April.

Lucas Oil Dirt Series announces 2023 Speed Weeks races

Hey Duh, what's the date on the attached link announcing the January/February races? Looks like May 26 to me.

Yup November 21, 2022 01:38AM
Just sayin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2022 01:38AM by OH1979er.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,712, Posts: 229,820, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,961.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro