Universal Pulling Channel? November 22, 2022 01:10AM
Witht the recent news of Lucas Oil leaving the PPL, everyone is waiting to figure out what is going to happen next. Last night on Let's Grow Pulling this was the main topic and there were a lot of good topics brought up. One thing that got brought up was the T.V. coverage that Lucas Oil PPL had. It was brought up that Lucas started his own streming serive to cut down on prudtion cost. And yes this is a rumor, there is no confirmation on hits. But I for one have been subsribing to Lucas Oil T.V.(Mav and Flow) for years and loved it. I don't have anything like Dish or Direct, I just have the channels that I subscribe to. So here is my question/idea. Is it possible to have a universal pullling streaming app? An app that organization could buy into as they wish. Somewhere that events could buy into to share there event. Take the Midwest Winter Nationals as an example. I know they already go through What's Smokin Productions, but what it there was already a channel that people paid monthly for that they could post it to. In from S.W. WI, so what if Badger State or ECI wanted to highlight some othere bigger events. Give them a place where they could stream their events. Give them a chance to put sponsors in front of a bigger audience. Let podcasts like Let's Grow Pulling post on another platform. The national organizations have their platforms where they post their events and it should stay that way. But what if there was a streaming app where a smaller organization or event could pay to post. Could somthing like this work.

I want to leave with this. There are 2 different types of people. The 1st is looking at Lucas leaving as the death of the PPL and pulling dying. The 2nd is looking at this as opportunity and possability for growth. Lucas Oil gave us great years of pullings. I would never take that away from them. I have been to many PPL pulls and loved them. I am happy that got involved in the sport. Their decision to leave is just that, their decision. I repecst that and thenk them for what they gave us.

Re: Universal Pulling Channel? November 27, 2022 05:51AM
So with as much reach as we have been uploading pulling videos, we were approached by several groups outside of the United States about streaming. WWPTV.plus published 50 live events solely for the sake that these upbeat events have music, disco, and plenty of action, things Facebook and YouTube do not like. For $24.99/month, you can watch all streams and all videos we upload to Facebook and YouTube Ad-Free, as well as plenty of Live events that are PPV and Free to watch taking donations only.

Any club/media outlet can take advantage of this platform. I would prefer to be someone affiliated with a club. A single end track camera and streaming box will do fine. For as little as $1200 camera/mic and streamer $1600 with a monthly subscription you can send HQ streams to this platform. 10% goes to the platform 10% goes to WWPTV for email marketing and support leaving 80% to whoever is crazy enough to get out to events and film. I would prefer you split the remaining 80% like so: 40%/40% to the streamer and promoter/league.

The backstory is you can create your own PPV platform, but it is $1700/month to get started. They are all upfront and locked in for at least a year. The PPV platform we went with did very well for the large part of the 2022 season and all they wanted was 10%. We worked with them to sort out any issues we had. The only necessity for this backend is music. That is all. You can spend hours and months of research coming to these same solutions we did, or you can get started streaming your events today.

PPV is also an option. From our experiences, if you want to bring in a certain amount, you need to spend 1/4th of that on advertising and that is simply due to the fact that Facebook and others simply aren't putting content out as frequently as one would desire. You need to put the dollar to work for you. PPV would get 80% of the stream and a portion of the monthly subscriptions.

It is not 24/7, but it is close. We have sold a lot of streams and they have been wildly successful. It is hard to do a free 24/7 show simply due to Ads and Ad blocking that matches any hint of a song played at a pull. Heck, even the national anthem gets you blocked. If someone sings the anthem, that is okay though.

Feel free to contact me Will Whitt 703-626-4131 and we can talk about what we can do for you, your league, and your event.

Re: Universal Pulling Channel? November 29, 2022 08:08AM
This would be great to increase the number of truck and tractor pulling fans. The one thing that would have to happen, is it will have to be on TV and it will have to be on the base packages for all cable and dish companies.

Look at PRCA and the Cowboy Channel. View of the channel, the attendance of the in person shows, and the payouts for the contestants all increased. There was always rodeo but the awareness of the sport, after the Cowboy Channel started, increased dramaticlally.

Re: Universal Pulling Channel? November 29, 2022 10:38AM
avercusauto
So here is my question/idea. Is it possible to have a universal pullling streaming app?

Technically this is possible.
In real life that probably won't happen, as there are many associations competing with each other.
It's like trying to create a season ticket valid for several associations.
avercusauto
An app that organization could buy into as they wish. Somewhere that events could buy into to share there event.
Take the Midwest Winter Nationals as an example. I know they already go through What's Smokin Productions, but what it there was already a channel that people paid monthly for that they could post it to. In from S.W. WI, so what if Badger State or ECI wanted to highlight some othere bigger events. Give them a place where they could stream their events. Give them a chance to put sponsors in front of a bigger audience. Let podcasts like Let's Grow Pulling post on another platform. The national organizations have their platforms where they post their events and it should stay that way. But what if there was a streaming app where a smaller organization or event could pay to post. Could somthing like this work.

That's what Will and I have created by the beginning of the 2022 season.
We've tried to get as many associations on board as possible, and we had events from the US, Germany, Denmark, Italy, England, and Brazil. We had events with 3000 people actually watching live on wwptv.plus - which was quite impressive.
Part of the story of course is, we need to do what we can do that others can't do. Covering pulls from all over the world, of course, is a pretty nice niche and establishes a much bigger audience than any other PPV Pulling platform.

We offer any association or Live Stream crew to join - Will has laid that out in detail above.

The biggest issue of course is to get the word out.
Besides that, it's getting the broadcast level up.
People seem to expect a TV-level quality show for free.
If the associations and promoters don't push the Live streams, this will still take a while for "normal" video guys like us to offer you that.

I think between the 2 crews working on www.wwptv.plus were already have 50k $ into it in equipment - but could probably spend that again and then hire some more people on an actual event day, if we want to do things like commentary (other than using the announcer's commentary on site), interviews, etc.
Getting this all pieced together takes time if you want it to grow naturally (out of its own income).
We're working on that and we're just getting better.

Another thing is Tractor Pulling, especially in the lower levels, on Live TV is a difficult thing, because the shows move way too slowly for the screen. You have like a 2 min break between runs. That's not a lot when you're on site - but feels like an eternity watching it on screen. So you need to fill it with something other than a shot of the front of the sled pan. That's something where promoters could improve and where we as Streaming guys need to add something valuable for the folks watching from home.

So - to sum it up:
The tiny market of "people who pay to watch pulling" is fought for, especially during summer.
To attract "new" people, you need to be on platforms like FB or YT - and then the streams need to be free to watch. But then the associations/promoters have to pay for it. Many are still scared they'd actually lose money if their events are free to watch.
Or you do TV - but then just the production costs are easily over 10k for one hour on TV. And then you don't even have a spot for the material to be broadcasted. And it's in some ways beating a dead horse as TV consumption is drastically going down and YT / streaming platforms etc. are drastically going up.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2022 10:39AM by Sascha.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,877, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,989.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM