NTPA GN HSS class December 06, 2022 03:56AM
NTPA really needs to revive the GN HSS class, the days of Diesel SS only in my opinion is only killing the sport with 4-6 tractors only at the events, diesel and alcohol Heavy class would prolly see 10-15 tractors each event this summer if they can nail something out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2022 03:10AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 06, 2022 04:04AM
I would not be sending out the sympathy cards just yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2022 03:10AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 06, 2022 05:12AM
I'd leave the ss classes alone,if the diesels wanted to pull against the alkys they can at any time pretty clear they don't want too.the idea of putting it back together is based solely on ross being somewhat competitive one season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2022 03:12AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 06, 2022 12:52PM
patches
I'd leave the ss classes alone,if the diesels wanted to pull against the alkys they can at any time pretty clear they don't want too.the idea of putting it back together is based solely on ross being somewhat competitive one season.
Somewhat competitive? That’s a good one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2022 03:12AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 06, 2022 11:29PM
Patches- the Natty light must be strong in your neck of the woods......
Ross's have a tractor that could give the alcohol boys a hard time any day of the week. especially with the new chassis and engine.
once they get it figured out, it will be a monster. can't knock them for utilizing their resources! and you might want to rethink "SOMEWHAT"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2022 03:13AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 07, 2022 09:28AM
I'll never knock ross,I give them tons of respect for jumping in the uss class,arguable the best dss in the world..but they have dominated the dss for a good while,when they jump into the uss and win,guys start on combining the class again,so where does that leave all the other dss at..leave it alone

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 07, 2022 09:54AM
But Triple Bypass didn't dominate the DSS the past couple years and they still won against the alcohol tractors. I'm positive the rest of the top DSS can give the top alcohol guys a run for the money. I think the Ross family has the potential to win both rings in BG, but I don't think they are the only DSS capable of doing it.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2022 03:13AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 07, 2022 10:39AM
Jake Morgan
But Triple Bypass didn't dominate the DSS the past couple years and they still won against the alcohol tractors. I'm positive the rest of the top DSS can give the top alcohol guys a run for the money. I think the Ross family has the potential to win both rings in BG, but I don't think they are the only DSS capable of doing it.
All depends on the track?
Maybe in Louisville on a short track the diesels can prevail. However on a good track like BG that they let run out to 350'++ The diesels will be at a disadvantage. Just my opinion. I guess time will tell???

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 07, 2022 01:18PM
PPL runs looser and dryer tracks that should favor the alcohol tractors. PPL also runs long tracks that should favor alcohol tractors. Ross's were also the ONLY diesel running against the alcohol tractors so the odds of a diesel doing well were really stacked against them. Triple Bypass picked up numerous wins and tons of podiums against the best of the best alcohol tractors on the PPL circuit. I'm sure that Bone Twister (and a couple of others) would be right up in the hunt with them against the alcohol tractors. I'm not saying the diesels would dominate (I hope not, nobody dominating is good for the show), I'm just saying that they wouldn't embarrass themselves and they'd make for a great show combined all summer long. Just my $.02

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 12, 2022 06:05AM
Jake Morgan
PPL runs looser and dryer tracks that should favor the alcohol tractors. PPL also runs long tracks that should favor alcohol tractors. Ross's were also the ONLY diesel running against the alcohol tractors so the odds of a diesel doing well were really stacked against them. Triple Bypass picked up numerous wins and tons of podiums against the best of the best alcohol tractors on the PPL circuit. I'm sure that Bone Twister (and a couple of others) would be right up in the hunt with them against the alcohol tractors. I'm not saying the diesels would dominate (I hope not, nobody dominating is good for the show), I'm just saying that they wouldn't embarrass themselves and they'd make for a great show combined all summer long. Just my $.02

You got that right! NTPA might charge way too much for everything, but they sure do make one hell of a track!

Re: NTPA Schedule December 07, 2022 01:30PM
Love watching Triple Bypass!! Not sure it will hold together for 4 runs in 1 weekend!?

Re: NTPA Schedule December 09, 2022 03:23AM
Just for clarity but I think we mean the same thing... I believe it's already done 4 run weekends and stayed together when you factor: hooks, pulloffs, and sled resets. For BG it would most likely need to hold together for 6-9 runs with pulloffs and sled resets. I'm not saying it's impossible, but the stars would have to align perfectly and it would be a very. very busy weekend staying on top of maintenance.

The ultimate irony would be if they made all the hooks and won the Open Super Stock ring but didn't win the DSS ring... and I do think that's a possibility.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2022 03:24AM by Jake Morgan.

No need for 650 ci alkys. December 09, 2022 05:12AM
Back the alky supers down to 540 and run heads up 8000 pounds

Re: No need for 650 ci alkys. December 09, 2022 05:44AM
In the perfect world that sounds good, in the real world that's not possible. You are asking every 600+ cubic inch alcohol SS to rebuild. Not going to happen.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: No need for 650 ci alkys. December 09, 2022 05:50AM
Why? They spend all kinds of time and money rebuilding and blowing up durning the season why not back down to 540 next winter most everyone in that class has money and extra parts ect it would be better longevity with a 540 anyway might even gain some blue or orange or some other color HP won’t change ether if it does it’s not much combine them and have success vs watching 5 dss and 5 alkys that actually make full passes down the track

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 12, 2022 11:58AM
If they don't combine the DSS & heavy alkys, both classes will die.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 13, 2022 01:02AM
top row fan

You are correct, but a number of DSS pullers and fans simply do not want to open their eyes to that ultimate reality.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 13, 2022 06:30AM
The Original Michael

You are correct, but a number of DSS pullers and fans simply do not want to open their eyes to that ultimate reality.

So even though guys are still building dss and uss today the classes are dying, yeah right. The average number of dss at a hook last season was 7-10 and same for the uss.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 13, 2022 12:39PM
No way , only 3 DSS ran every pull a PS was one of them and it came in third. Not 7 =10 at a show. And the Open SS only had 8 hooks. Not a real healthy show

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 13, 2022 12:02PM
top row fan

That won't stop the classes from "dying". These are $300k and up pieces of equipment that CAN ONLY RUN AT GN LEVELS PULLS. It takes a special type person to build that type of tractor and then only be able to compete if willing to travel extensively to do so. That's a pretty shallow pool.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 09, 2022 07:57AM
I can tell you that Chapel Hill’s HSS numbers were down because they wouldn’t let any locals participate. The A-holes want your local sponsorship money but not your participation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2022 01:53AM by Cody.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 13, 2022 04:47AM
Wonder what the reasoning was behind not letting locals run... I figure if a tractor met the rules they'd let hook but who knows

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 13, 2022 05:44AM
To Cody
Wonder what the reasoning was behind not letting locals run... I figure if a tractor met the rules they'd let hook but who knows

It was invitational only for all classes there. This pull was during the World Series of pulling in Norwalk, OH, but I still think it was dumb. It might be because of how late they go, but I don't think that's a reason. I really don't know why it was invitational only.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 13, 2022 01:11PM
Not invitational.....you have qualifications to meet OR special invite.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 14, 2022 07:57AM
bandit496
Not invitational.....you have qualifications to meet OR special invite.

Yes, it was. The list would say DSS (inv.) or MINI (Inv.) Inv. = Invitational.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 13, 2022 01:22PM
I didn’t really understand it either. There’s a pretty good sponsorship that they get thru my dealership, we loan them gators to run around on, I grew up with the guy that’s now over it & I spend $1000s of dollars a year with his HVAC company plus C-H is hometown. Wasn’t like they had 20 DSS’s lined up wanting to come. I asked twice & got the run around both times. I won’t ever ask again & we’ll direct our resources elsewhere.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 16, 2022 05:46AM
DSS is one of the worst classes in pulling, still full of the same bunch of cry babies that got the classes separated in the first place. I can not figure out why any promoter would book DSS so the same 6-8 IH's show up that have for the last 30 years. Should they put the classes back together? Yes! Will they? probably not and I hope DSS dies a slow, pitiful death.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 16, 2022 07:56AM
It’s the same with any class same guys run. Why are you so Butt Hurt over DSS. Every class has a crybaby’s.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 16, 2022 08:28AM
CM
It’s the same with any class same guys run. Why are you so Butt Hurt over DSS. Every class has a crybaby’s.

I'm trying to understand what you're trying to communicate. When you say "it's the same way with any class the same guys run," what do you mean? What is the same way?

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 16, 2022 10:06AM
punisher...
DSS is one of the worst classes in pulling, still full of the same bunch of cry babies that got the classes separated in the first place. I can not figure out why any promoter would book DSS so the same 6-8 IH's show up that have for the last 30 years. Should they put the classes back together? Yes! Will they? probably not and I hope DSS dies a slow, pitiful death.

I'm not sure if you are trying to be sarcastic or be funny, but if you had a dislike button I would hit that a million times. DSS is such a fun class to watch when you get the best in the country there. There is a reason why people want to schedule them.

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 16, 2022 04:19PM
Wyatt Schulte

I'm not sure if you are trying to be sarcastic or be funny, but if you had a dislike button I would hit that a million times. DSS is such a fun class to watch when you get the best in the country there. There is a reason why people want to schedule them.
There’s a reason it’s the most requested class by NTPA, and it’s not because it’s the worst class!

Re: NTPA GN HSS class December 17, 2022 10:51AM
Exactly

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason