2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 14, 2022 06:41AM
The list of all invites for the 2023 NFMS has been posted.

Click Here

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 14, 2022 06:44AM
I kind of consider NFMS to be the Supreme Court of pulling. They seem to have ruled that Chris Cain drives a pro stock, not a super stock.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 14, 2022 07:27AM
not really since the PULLER has to submit an application and declare what class they are applying, so he must have applied for prostock.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 14, 2022 08:50AM
Weird to see a NFMS list without Blagraves. What tractor is Ol Woody?

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 14, 2022 09:20AM
LSS Fan

[www.youtube.com]

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 14, 2022 09:32AM
$

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 07:57AM
LSS Fan

Here are a couple of things I think of when I see this:

1. Blagraves might not have signed up
2. Ol' Woody might have been picked over them to get somebody different in for a chance to have a little bit of spotlight
3. There aren't many John Deere DIESEL Super Stocks around anymore, so it's nice to see a change in color.

I am very happy to see Ol' Woody in NFMS this year. He is from Iowa. I am from Iowa. We pull at his hometown every year, and we are good friends with the family.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 14, 2022 08:59AM
Some of those tractors didn’t even make a hook all year!

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 12:55AM
very sad to see Hystrung will not be there this year, my favorite pulling tractor of all time. farm show is only time I see it all year. I assume they didn't apply, hope all is well with them!

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 01:21AM
Seems to be some very odd entries in some classes this year. Not sure what committee was thinking.Hard to call this the Championship when several tuff pullers are not there in quite a few classes. More like an Invitational pull now. I understand it's their show and their picks and lots of politics go into this pull but its sucks for guys who have a good resume get left out and others get selected whom maybe didnt have as good of a season. If this show would lay out guildlines then people could have something to shoot for. Pro Stocks.... you got one your in... some guys didnt get out 5 times. cut this class sessions down and add another class. Show is getting a little old.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 01:31AM
NFMS Fan
Seems to be some very odd entries in some classes this year. Not sure what committee was thinking.Hard to call this the Championship when several tuff pullers are not there in quite a few classes. More like an Invitational pull now. I understand it's their show and their picks and lots of politics go into this pull but its sucks for guys who have a good resume get left out and others get selected whom maybe didnt have as good of a season. If this show would lay out guildlines then people could have something to shoot for. Pro Stocks.... you got one your in... some guys didnt get out 5 times. cut this class sessions down and add another class. Show is getting a little old.

I think the committee did the best they could with who applied. This is still an incredibly high level of competition. If a big name is missing from the list as said big name why they didn't apply. Parts problems are the most likely reason the big name guys didn't apply.

I for one think this is going to be an awesome pull, it's good to see some Canadians in the pro stock class, as well as some tractors coming back out of the shed in that class.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 19, 2022 05:54AM
It is probably tough for the committee to chose.
Of course not everyone will be happy with what they choose.
That is part of life and you cannot make everyone happy.
How many people do apply? It costs alot and is alot of work to indoor pull.
It is probably hard to mix it up too. The majority of pulling is made up of IH and JD.
Seem like they found some Orange ones and a few Blue ones to add to the show.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 01:32AM
Remember they first need to apply. If they didn't, they aren't getting in.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 01:40AM
With Blagraves out hard to believe that the next best diesel was old Woody. Maybe having 6 diesel in the finals last year won't.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 04:44AM
Chain Breaker Chain Reaction

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 05:07AM
Major Crank
With Blagraves out hard to believe that the next best diesel was old Woody. Maybe having 6 diesel in the finals last year won't.

Hovdens have been pulling for years, recently with Tri State with maybe 1 or 2 RN events a year. I'm not aware if they run Outlaws.

Depending on who applied, and parts availability, if I were going to start a list of DSS Deeres, I'd begin with Roger Peterson, Olden, Demers, Broeckmann, John Raymond, and I believe the Metz Mid Life Crisis JD was even out in NY last summer. That said, I hope Ol Woody has it's best hook.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 08:00AM
The Original Michael

Hovdens have been pulling for years, recently with Tri State with maybe 1 or 2 RN events a year. I'm not aware if they run Outlaws.

Depending on who applied, and parts availability, if I were going to start a list of DSS Deeres, I'd begin with Roger Peterson, Olden, Demers, Broeckmann, John Raymond, and I believe the Metz Mid Life Crisis JD was even out in NY last summer. That said, I hope Ol Woody has it's best hook.

The thing about Ol' Woody pulling here this year is that it might be his only chance. I feel everybody should stop complaining so much. Give others a chance. One year where the best of the best in each class aren't there won't kill anybody.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 06:49AM
I know several that applied and got rejected and these were GN and Champions tour members with wins

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 09:41AM
What class were the pullers in that got rejected?

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 05:14AM
NFMS Fan

you are a donkey. seriously complaining about the committee not picking people that didn't even apply! I marvel at the job the fairboard has done making excellent changes over the last 5 years. it is so great and elite of an event the last couple years, and yet you say it's getting old??? hard to do much better than what they are doing. I left last year wishing the upcoming year away just wanting to get back to Louisville again.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 08:03AM
Dmax47

you are a donkey. seriously complaining about the committee not picking people that didn't even apply! I marvel at the job the fairboard has done making excellent changes over the last 5 years. it is so great and elite of an event the last couple years, and yet you say it's getting old??? hard to do much better than what they are doing. I left last year wishing the upcoming year away just wanting to get back to Louisville again.

What's old is how many pro stock sessions there are. If I remember correctly, it was super stocks everybody wanted to see at Louisville. Not saying nobody wants to see pro stocks, but like another said earlier in the thread, cut at least one session of pro stocks to add another. I would love to see LLSS in on a Thursday Night session of Louisville, but I wonder how many others agree with me. I've never really been the type of person to believe that these smaller level classes should be at a big pull such as Tomah, BG, or Louisville, but it actually would be good to have them at NFMS. It would be like a revival of the 55 SS class.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 08:44AM
I like pros at all sessions at the farm show cuz it's the most prestigious class in the sport and the farm show is built around the pro stock class
however I could go either way... if u wanted to replace the Wednesday night pro class with another lss session I think that would be good too, I really liked the two sessions they had last year

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 09:07AM
[quote="Tomah winner"

What's old is how many pro stock sessions there are. If I remember correctly, it was super stocks everybody wanted to see at Louisville. Not saying nobody wants to see pro stocks, but like another said earlier in the thread, cut at least one session of pro stocks to add another. I would love to see LLSS in on a Thursday Night session of Louisville, but I wonder how many others agree with me. I've never really been the type of person to believe that these smaller level classes should be at a big pull such as Tomah, BG, or Louisville, but it actually would be good to have them at NFMS. It would be like a revival of the 55 SS class.[/quote]

LLSS.......Eye Rolling.................Prostocks are the last class in every session for a reason, and it's not sled weighting efficiency............ I gotta say it again.....LLSS......Eye Rolling Eye Rolling

Thank you for the humor of the day..

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 15, 2022 10:30PM
Tomah 2nd placer, I was thinking the same thing. IT NEVER FAILS. LLSS makes its way in somewhere. You'd think that people would be fighting over dates to book that class and paying more people to build them because of the demand.

THAT CLASS DOES NOT BELONG AT NFMS.

PROSTOCKS RULE!

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 16, 2022 12:25AM
Tohah 3rd placer
Tomah 2nd placer, I was thinking the same thing. IT NEVER FAILS. LLSS makes its way in somewhere. You'd think that people would be fighting over dates to book that class and paying more people to build them because of the demand.

PROSTOCKS RULE!

There is no class that gets louder cheers or more excitement at NMFS than the Pro Stocks and it's not even a close debate

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 16, 2022 05:38AM
Tohah 3rd placer

PROSTOCKS RULE!

Why does it make some people so mad that people like LLSS? I like pro stock, I don't have a problem with a class every session at NFMS, LLSS is not a comparable class to PS, however I don't think its unreasonable to suggest that some of us enjoy something other than red & green diesel classes. No one is suggesting that you replace PS with LLSS, however since SF/LimPro/LtPro are pretty much the same class I think giving one of those to a LLSS is a valid discussion. What they really should do is add a class to each session. Then you could have LLSS, Gas FWD truck, Minis etc.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 16, 2022 07:09AM
I doubt either of you pull at all

PROSTOCKS RULE!

Why does it make some people so mad that people like LLSS? I like pro stock, I don't have a problem with a class every session at NFMS, LLSS is not a comparable class to PS, however I don't think its unreasonable to suggest that some of us enjoy something other than red & green diesel classes. No one is suggesting that you replace PS with LLSS, however since SF/LimPro/LtPro are pretty much the same class I think giving one of those to a LLSS is a valid discussion. What they really should do is add a class to each session. Then you could have LLSS, Gas FWD truck, Minis etc.

While we're at it, let's add 9500# hot farm, 6500# antiques division 1 and 3, 14,500# no speed limit farm class, 12000# Altered farm, 1050# garden tractors, stock altered, ss, don't forget the 5500# divisions 3 and 2 antiques. I can think of a few others but too tired to jot them down because none of these will never be at the NFMS anyways. Every one thinks they have big time tractors that should be at the NFMS, well not everyone, just some who think they are big time but really not.... I say let's just enjoy the classes they have and be happy.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 16, 2022 11:46AM
I can go to the farm show once every 5 years and it the same show mostly the same pullers that been there for the past 30 years new blood is needed

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 16, 2022 12:43PM
actually used to pull lawn mowers and minis at the nfms but those were in years past, i am just glad to have pulling and i don't need antiques but i would like a manufactures challenge class 200 hp loadem up and let the best brand win

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 16, 2022 02:08PM
Lewis Conner
I can go to the farm show once every 5 years and it the same show mostly the same pullers that been there for the past 30 years new blood is needed

indeed a lot of the pullers are the same year after year but that's because they are the best... how about we just go out and invite all of the worst pullers in each class that way there'd be new blood in there would that make you happy

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 18, 2022 11:42AM
is it or is it not practically a rerun every year im 2 hours from the farm show and 2 hours from Murfreesboro i would rather go south

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 18, 2022 12:41PM
Lewis Conner
is it or is it not practically a rerun every year im 2 hours from the farm show and 2 hours from Murfreesboro i would rather go south

The reality is that every indoor event has X number of pullers that are there every year, by whatever measurement or metric the invitational committee decides.

It doesn't matter if it is Louisville, Murfreesboro, Shipshewanna, or wherever. Not only am I fine with that I am glad for it.

Why?

The venues listed are places where fans and pullers from different parts of the country come together for one time a year. One of the best things about Louisville is being able to visit with pullers and fans without the immediate stress of getting ready to pull; there's time to visit in Broadbent or go catch lunch with friends who you only text or maybe, maybe, see at Bowling Green the remainder of the year.

To prove my point based on your problem with Louisville, it would be a good exercise to compare invitee lists from Louisville and Murfreesboro and calculate the percentage of "repeat" invitees over a five-year period. I would bet with great certainty that the percentage of repeats would be close. VERY close.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 18, 2022 12:44PM
I'm always amazed when I hear that people think that the NFMS should have a whole set of different pullers every other year. Do they honestly think that there's this huge pool of Mods, PS, DSS etc. to pick from. I think that the NFMS committee does a great job of bringing in the top vehicles in each respective class. They have freshened up the show year after year with new and interesting classes.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 19, 2022 02:42AM
I would love to know actually how many applicants they had in each class.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 19, 2022 07:23AM
you must not have looked at SF class. only 3 guys backk from the finals? there was some good tractors left out in this class.a couple had multiple ppl champions tour wins.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 20, 2022 01:38AM
Really who did they leave out?
Who should they not have chosen that is listed ?
Classes look pretty good Orange and 2 Blue ones.

Re: 2023 NFMS Invite List Posted December 17, 2022 07:57AM
I liked the single engine mod classof 30 years ago. If you had that class today you would have newer chassis, engines making 4-500hp more than the class did 35 years ago. Croud seemed to like that class back in the day .when it all started it was diesels and hotrod tractors.then we added two wheel drive .seems like the hallways are full and the seats are empty when that class runs today . Now there are 8 different diesel classes at every pull you go to .that's from your county fair to your grand national pull.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520