Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 22, 2022 03:31AM
For all of you HaTeRz who wanted to see less Pro Stocks in Louisville, you got your wish.

Granted, it’s only two tractors less…

The Wednesday night and Saturday afternoon sessions have 11 tractors instead of the typical 12.

Odd programming choice, but hey, it’s their show

Discuss.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 22, 2022 04:16AM
Everyone like the prostocks. I just would like to see 2 classes of mods instead of one and top 4 each to the finals some day. Would really like to see minis back, but, sadly, that will never happen either...Good luck to everyone going this year!

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 22, 2022 06:12AM
John Murray
For all of you HaTeRz who wanted to see less Pro Stocks in Louisville, you got your wish.

Granted, it’s only two tractors less…

The Wednesday night and Saturday afternoon sessions have 11 tractors instead of the typical 12.

Odd programming choice, but hey, it’s their show…

Discuss.

How many Pros that usually have gotten accepted to NFMS have been bought up in the last year or two by a couple people? I can name Bootlegger..Coal Fired..Allen Legrand,....Denny Brown,...2 of Boyds,...Peter Norton,...Jay Henning,...Nasty Stuff,...Darrin Hunt,...Cody Shay,... Apparently,.. Mike Boyd is getting hired to drive one of his old rides and didn't Lawyer have to drive his old ride last year. When you get the rich class buying up single and two tractor teams what do you expect to happen at NFMS where you are only allowed to drive 1 time in each division of classes? If this class is in trouble,....then why are all these rich guys buying them??

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 22, 2022 06:21AM
Kinda ironic that people are finally realizing the class is in trouble. I said it was going to be in the same boat as DSS and that’s beginning to look more evident every year. Even Shultz gang of experts have started realizing that.

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 22, 2022 06:29AM
MG1206
Kinda ironic that people are finally realizing the class is in trouble. I said it was going to be in the same boat as DSS and that’s beginning to look more evident every year. Even Shultz gang of experts have started realizing that.

What is your opinion of the problem in this class and how would you fix it?

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 22, 2022 11:54AM
It’s too late to fix it now, the cubic inch limit has always been too big. It took 20 years but enough technology and billet parts has made the 680 BB Deere with its large bore and huge valves pretty dominate. It should have been 620 in my opinion. The 5” outlaw class will be the premier single charger class within 5 years, a good portion of the 4.1’s will jump up and you’ll see a few big pros downsize every year. Just my perspective on it, time will tell

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 22, 2022 01:13PM
just because there's a dominant setup means the class is dying? LOL. How many pros have we lost in the last decade? Ownership transfer isn't a loss. I guess by your logic the light and unlimited superstocks are both in big trouble since Blackburn has absolutely dominated both classes in both national organizations year after year. We'd better call the farm show and complain and threaten retaliation so the LLSS can show up from (where are they from again?) and steal the show from the boring Blackburn dominated dying-a-slow-death class of unlimited supers

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 23, 2022 12:21AM
MG1206
It’s too late to fix it now, the cubic inch limit has always been too big. It took 20 years but enough technology and billet parts has made the 680 BB Deere with its large bore and huge valves pretty dominate. It should have been 620 in my opinion. The 5” outlaw class will be the premier single charger class within 5 years, a good portion of the 4.1’s will jump up and you’ll see a few big pros downsize every year. Just my perspective on it, time will tell

Just 2 seasons ago in 2019,. 2 DT's won both Grand National and Champions Tour championships and during that time frame a 5.7 was the mostly common intake size ...then the 6.0 exhaust limitation was implemented with the understanding that the 6.0 intake limit was going to be done the next year. Covid came in 2020 and then nothing was ever done about the inlet rule. Now 6.5 and soon to be coming bigger intakes are the norm . So to back for up just a second it's blatantly obvious that the prostock class could be adjusted easily to slow down the bigger bore blocks from having any type of advantage. If either organization had any testicular fortitude, they would do what is really necessary which is : Put in a 6.0 Box......Put in a Box tire manufacture with a claim rule. Those 2 rules would completely change the dynamics of the types of competitors in that class....you would probably even see Brad Moss back driving it out cleat for cleat....Smoking

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 23, 2022 09:24AM
So how long has DSS been dead? 20 years? 30 years? Why is it that PS ‘has to be fixed’ because the BBJD might take over the class, but I’ve never heard any proposals to resolve the fact that the DT466 has absolutely ruled the SS classes for over 3 decades?

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 23, 2022 10:09AM
Deere Puller
So how long has DSS been dead? 20 years? 30 years? Why is it that PS ‘has to be fixed’ because the BBJD might take over the class, but I’ve never heard any proposals to resolve the fact that the DT466 has absolutely ruled the SS classes for over 3 decades?

Would you support a 6 X 6 box rule?

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 23, 2022 11:38AM
Deere Puller
This is not the same comparison really, yes they’ve dominated ss classes for 30 years. What would you do just ban them, because they’re better than everything else? No one has mentioned getting rid of your beloved big block deeres just simply down sizing them. You keep bringing up the IH’s dominance in super stocks and the classes dismay, I this is the reason the pro stock class needs help. Believe what you want and thinking it’s good and doesn’t need changing, the diesel supers thought the same thing.

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 23, 2022 09:54AM
MG1206

So a 640 Perkins & a 3208 Cat (636 cubic inches), which were both available from the factory in rigid frame, 2wd tractors, would have to decube or be declared illegal for the class???

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 23, 2022 11:07AM
Let stock cubes be bigger if that was size form factory the cat and perkins v8 don't dominate

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 23, 2022 11:15AM
If the cat and perkins run the stock cubes let them run 640 and 636 the don't dominate

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 23, 2022 11:27AM
Logan Thomas

So a 640 Perkins & a 3208 Cat (636 cubic inches), which were both available from the factory in rigid frame, 2wd tractors, would have to decube or be declared illegal for the class???
I was stating my opinion, don’t really care if you don’t agree with it. You can still run Perkins and Cats, both motors were available and more readily produced in smaller displacements

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 23, 2022 01:29PM
I was in agreement I think the pros cubic inch should be max of 570 unless you came from factory bigger than that then you can run that and a big block deere only came from factory at 531

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 23, 2022 03:01AM
A couple of years ago we figured up on here that there are over 100 Pro Stocks in the US..Thats still plenty for 3 national level associations as only a couple of states actually have that class with Ohio being the main one...Because of high fuel and parts issues not as many got pulled in 2022.

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 23, 2022 02:36PM
Yes, even those of us in the so-called “gang of experts” are capable of learning if you bash us over the head with it enough times.

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 22, 2022 03:20PM
Where did Allen Legrand tractor go

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 23, 2022 03:30AM
Went to Jason Rauen.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 24, 2022 11:04AM
Has it been a couple years since that list was created? Maybe we should do another list to compare?

Re: Less Pro Stocks at the Farm Show December 24, 2022 11:59AM
Nov of 2021 [www.pulloff.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520