What's the latest news on Lucus Oil PPL. Popcorn time December 22, 2022 04:41AM
It's nasty outside and I thought it would make for a good conversation and some popcorn. I know many associations are tied to PPL in Pa. and New York. I asked the new owner of the Buck about them not having Tractor/truck pulls on their 2023 schedule. He sent me an e-mail and said waiting on PPL decisions. So what's up ?

Re: What's the latest news on Lucus Oil PPL. Popcorn time December 22, 2022 05:01AM
2023 competitor license application has all state/regional orgs as selectable for membership. Doesn't appear to be anything changing besides the letterhead.

CP

Re: What's the latest news on Lucus Oil PPL. Popcorn time December 22, 2022 09:48AM
Can any one confirm or deny the amount of money given to state organizations will be the same, more, less? In my opinion the smaller organizations rely heavily on that money for payouts. Will that affect ppl influence on state organizations and numbers at there event's

Pro Pulling Message December 22, 2022 04:21AM
From the PPL Office -

"December 22, 2022, Sellersburg, IN - Pro Pulling League is proud to announce the continuation of exciting pulling events under new ownership 2023 and beyond.

Lucas Oil Products transitions from an ownership role to a sponsor of the largest pulling sanctioning body in the country, which enables them to maintain a high caliber presence in grass-roots motorsports.

This new group and business model will continue to cater to promoters and pullers alike. Kristi Asher and Johnathan Mears will continue their roles and responsibilities within the Pro Pulling League.

Series Director, Johnathan Mears offered, "We take great pride in the relationships we have built with promoters and pullers over the years. The promoters and pullers that have been a part of Pro Pulling League for the past 17 years are considered family. We will offer them the same level of professionalism and high-quality shows that they have been accustomed to in previous years. A schedule of events is forthcoming as well as introduction of new partners. Stay tuned."

The Pro Pulling League website and social media pages will continue to be maintained in the same channels, so the pulling world can stay connected just as they always have.

Merry Christmas to all!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2022 10:21AM by Bryan Lively.

Re: Pro Pulling Message December 22, 2022 06:31AM
But without Mav TV and without Lucas oil money to back it up, wishing them the best

Re: Pro Pulling Message December 22, 2022 09:11AM
Mo. Puller, did you not read the above post where it reads that PPL is still alive and Lucas Oil is still a sponsor???
Thumbs down to the naysayers!!!

Re: Pro Pulling Message December 22, 2022 11:12AM
Until we get to see this year's cost to the promoters, don't count your chickens.

Re: Pro Pulling Message December 22, 2022 11:56AM
I am part of the tractor pull committee at one of the biggest pulls on PPL’s schedule. I have the contract they sent us a week ago in my email. Cost of this year vs last year is up $2000, and that’s because the purse in every class went up $250 for 6 classes, and then I believe it was insurance cost went up $500.

Considering the way the economy is, I’d say only raising the cost of the $2000 on a pretty big show is not bad, and $1500 of that goes directly to the pullers.

Re: Pro Pulling Message December 23, 2022 05:31AM
Just sayin
I am part of the tractor pull committee at one of the biggest pulls on PPL’s schedule. I have the contract they sent us a week ago in my email. Cost of this year vs last year is up $2000, and that’s because the purse in every class went up $250 for 6 classes, and then I believe it was insurance cost went up $500.

Considering the way the economy is, I’d say only raising the cost of the $2000 on a pretty big show is not bad, and $1500 of that goes directly to the pullers.

How are intending on recovering the increase?

Rasing the grandstand price?

Charging the pullers at the gate?

Putting the squeeze on the local sponsors?

Re: Pro Pulling Message December 23, 2022 10:02AM
the spectators?? $2000 on top of prolly $60,000 show not a big deal

Re: Pro Pulling Message December 23, 2022 10:45AM
Maybe not, but on an (3 hour) show, that just breaks even on a good year, any increase will be big deal.

Re: Pro Pulling Message December 23, 2022 02:45PM
Not sure if you have noticed but everything costs more now than it did a year ago. People haven’t slowed down doing anything that I have noticed.

Re: Pro Pulling Message December 23, 2022 02:45PM
Finding a $2K sponsor isn’t nearly as hard as you apparently think. Charging another buck or two at the gate probably won’t be a real big deal either.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,805, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,959.

Our newest member CBeard