Shipshewana Spectator Info Needed January 11, 2023 07:09AM
This will be my first year attending Shipshewana in person. I've never been to the MEC. I've attended Gordyville in the past and am excited to get back to seeing the pull in person! There will be three of us attending the early and late sessions on Saturday and we are travelling from the SW Ohio area.

Few questions that I could not find the answers to online:

1. I assume bleacher seating? Do people save their spots between sessions with blankets and tape like they did at Gordyville?
2. Are spectators allowed in the pit area like Gordyville? Is there an extra cost for the pits?
3. I assume there are concession stands? Beer sales, carry in, or no alcohol?

We are looking forward to a great day of pulling!!!

Re: Shipshewana Spectator Info Needed January 11, 2023 07:55AM
1. Yes and yes.
2. Yes and yes.
3. Yes and beer concessions.

CP

Re: Shipshewana Spectator Info Needed January 11, 2023 08:00AM
much larger seating area so not as crowded in the bleachers as gordy was. Pit access is extra, well worth it to not have to leave the building between sessions.

Thanks! January 11, 2023 12:08PM
Thanks to both of you! I bought our presale tickets today and have our hotel booked. Looking forward to a fun day of pulling on Saturday!

Re: Shipshewana Spectator Info Needed January 11, 2023 04:02PM
Pits are open 2hrs before the first session if the day before you need a pit pass.

Re: Shipshewana Spectator Info Needed January 11, 2023 10:45PM
Ryan Zoellick
Pits are open 2hrs before the first session if the day before you need a pit pass.

Good to know! We are leaving early Sat. and plan to be in the building no later than 10am so we have a little time to cruise around the pits.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520