nfms announcer February 16, 2023 11:59AM
Can someone find the off switch on the lady announcers microphone. Good Grief!

Re: nfms announcer February 16, 2023 01:20PM
I'm genuinely curious... what's the complaint? You don't like what she's saying? You don't like the tone of her voice? You don't like women announcers? You don't like her energy level? What specifically don't you like?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: nfms announcer February 17, 2023 01:35AM
I have zero problem with Leslie and what she does. I really liked how she spent time in the starting area interviewing people last night. Great add that has been needed. I did find it hilarious that Josh Miley shut her down on the track read question, haha!

CP

Re: nfms announcer February 17, 2023 02:39AM
Cp that was funny not sure if he heard her or just gave her the cold shoulder. Maybe Ms.Miley will chim. But that was classic.

Re: nfms announcer February 17, 2023 04:20PM
We love Leslie and her interactions with the pullers. Josh wouldn’t shut her down, he said it was noisy and obviously didn’t hear the question.

Re: nfms announcer February 17, 2023 07:28AM
I have no problem with women announcers. It's just overkill with her, first of all its a microphone you don't have to scream into it, second of all does she ever stop to take a breath, she sounds like an auctioneer. I haven't been on here in awhile, I forgot how opinions aren't welcome, my bad.

Re: nfms announcer February 17, 2023 07:45AM
earplugswanted
I forgot how opinions aren't welcome, my bad.

No need to be defensive... If I didn't want your opinion I wouldn't have asked you to elaborate about what you didn't like.... Ironically I asked you for the exact opposite of what you've accused me of...

It was an honest question because I can't hear a thing from where I sit. Down on the floor near me the sound is still awful so I don't have any opinion on the announcers either way for thIs show so far.

The only thing I know is they are all first rate announcers but not everyone enjoys the same announcing types and styles.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: nfms announcer February 21, 2023 07:28AM
Jake I owe you an apology, in the world we live in one is not allowed to criticize women on any level or terms. I made the assumption with the questions you asked that you weren't interested in my opinion, and that wasn't right. If I could have another crack at it, I think she's trying way to hard that's all, which is probably difficult not to do in that environment.

Re: nfms announcer February 21, 2023 08:53AM
Wow, first, let me say thanks. I can count the number of times someone has apologized on this page on one hand. Thanks again.

Personally I think she does a good job from the times I've heard her but as I said, I didn't get to hear much of the announcing at the pull because of the terrible sound in Freedom Hall. I'm guessing the terrible sound in the building might be part of the problem because all three announcers had to yell at times due to the other noise and echo in the building (just put some of the ceiling tiles back in already!).

I think I know what you mean about trying too hard... I watch a fair amount of NHL highlights and the play-by-play announcers can make or break the viewing experience. There's a female announcer on some of the highlights (I think she also does ESPN hockey play-by-play) and I just can't listen to her. When she yells "he shoots, he scores" in a overly aggressive manly voice it just grates on me. I find it so annoying I'll look for game highlights from one of the Canadian networks because it's just so over the top fake. There's just something off-putting for me when women try to sound strong and powerful and they get screechy. There are ways to sound strong and powerful without yelling and screeching (I don't like when men do it either but often times I find it less grating). Too many female politicians do it and too many female sports announcers do it to "copy" their male counterparts. If I had to choose between a male or female hockey announcer I'd probably choose male 99% of the time. I'd generally say the same about pulling but Leslie does such a good job and I think she's one of the better announcers in the sport.

Personally I think they have a great team and they interact really well with each other and that's pretty important for the show. Do they have room for improvement? Sure, we all do. I know they read these comments and take some of them to heart (especially the comments where people elaborate more) and some comments they will just filter out. I know they all want to hone their craft to be the best they can. I don't know Leslie well, but I'm friends with both Miles and Dan and they are consistently trying to be the best announcers possible and while they are already the best of the best they continue to try to be better.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: nfms announcer February 17, 2023 08:15AM
She has to speak loud enough for people
being interviewed to hear. Sat behind pits last night
where much of her activity occurred. It’s LOUD inside
and when a competitor starts their engine fifteen feet
away,well, yelling is required. Gotta admit she works
hard at her job.

Re: nfms announcer February 18, 2023 01:29PM
The music sucks

Re: nfms announcer February 18, 2023 02:11PM
Ky4430
The music sucks
Agreed, way too much music, way too loud.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: nfms announcer February 18, 2023 02:40PM
Yes!! Shitcan the music!! Love Dan and Miles and Leslie.

Re: nfms announcer February 18, 2023 03:18PM
When someone breaks not once did I see someone out on the track to see what happened. I would love to see that. Like in Ship when Charles was on the mic.

Re: nfms announcer February 18, 2023 04:52PM
At least it’d be a shorter track for him! I really liked that as well

Re: nfms announcer February 19, 2023 12:35AM
so what happed to Leslie? did not hear or see her for the finals as that was the only session i was able to watch?

I got yer earplugs right here… February 18, 2023 02:12PM
I’ve got earplugs for you right down here in the media section. March yer happy ass down here and I’ll give ‘em to you.

Re: nfms announcer February 19, 2023 12:53AM
Was very disappointed that in the upper deck we couldn’t understand a singe word. So any talking at all became very annoying !!!

Re: nfms announcer February 21, 2023 10:02AM
Leslie is awesome! She adds a totally different point of view and may appeal to the females in the crowd as well. She has a Huge background in the Monster Truck World and is very respected there. Surely we aren't too good for Her in Pulling, Honestly I think she may be too good for You!

BB

Re: nfms announcer February 21, 2023 11:17AM
Agree, I think she's great and a perfect part of the team. Those three work so well together, even though I couldn't hear half of what was said (the closed captioning was great...a truly awesome addition, though clearly a band-aid for the poor sound/echo) and you could tell they didn't talk over each other. They had good dialog and they all seemed to work really well together... it wasn't three individuals announcing (I've seen that too often), it was a team of three. That's not easy to pull off (pun intended).

I also know that not everyone likes the same thing. One or more of the announcers might not be your cup of tea... but as Bob said, Leslie's background/reputation in Monster truck announcing isn't a fluke, she's earned it. Dan and Miles are the leads at the biggest pulls in the World because they're good and they both earned it. I'm not saying there aren't other good announcers out there... I'm just saying this team of three is great and I'm thankful they do this show. Now I just wish the facility/state of Kentucky would stop being stubborn and put some tiles around the perimeter of the ceiling so I could hear the announcing!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520