NFMS Announcers February 16, 2023 04:04PM
I don't know if it's just me, but the announcing seems to be kind of one sided with Dan being the main vocal point. I also think there is a certain degree of technical knowledge and eagerness to get down on the track when something happens missing from the current staff of announcers. I would love to see Charles Poosch added to the event. Hearing him and Dan trade historical facts would be an added bonus. .

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: NFMS Announcers February 16, 2023 11:47PM
There is a guy in Minnesota that does a good job announcing. He’s good at engaging the crowd, and likes to puller the pullers on the spot.

Re: NFMS Announcers February 17, 2023 01:23AM
I have heard that guy. I was in mn at a upm/ntpa pull last summer and it was a good time. Informative and no dead air time.

Re: NFMS Announcers February 17, 2023 12:31AM
For The Love Of Pulling
The announcing seems to be kind of one sided with Dan being the main vocal point.

Leslie introduced Dan as the “main announcer” last night, so do with that what you will.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: NFMS Announcers February 17, 2023 01:53AM
Agreed, the guy from MN is top notched!! Does a lot of local shows on top of ntpa/upm an does great at all of them!

Re: NFMS Announcers February 17, 2023 09:02AM
And just who is this 'secret announcer from MN' ???? If you want this "guy" to announce more events, you need to promote his name.

Re: NFMS Announcers February 17, 2023 04:13PM
Lisa. Nothing against anyone. I would love to see Lisa continue what she is doing with the fan interactions. Miles for winner circles interviews like you said with his relationships. and history with his dad. I would just love to listen to Dan and Charles together I think with the historical knowledge they both have and Charles technical expertise would be a remarkable team

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: NFMS Announcers February 18, 2023 11:45AM
Dylan something.. I dont remember last name. Guess I didn't know it was secret.

Re: NFMS Announcers February 18, 2023 12:14PM
The announcers are great, I think. The sound system is horrible though. The music comes through fairly clear, but anything the announcers says is all muffled and distorted.

Re: NFMS Announcers February 17, 2023 01:30PM
Good lord. That’s terrible. Dan is annoying as hell

Re: NFMS Announcers February 17, 2023 03:58PM
I watched the live stream tonight and that was really well done. But I agree the announcers aren’t overly impressive. Charles, LeRoy and Art would be better. Leslie and Miles are all ppl and John Deere, Dan is pretty unbiased at least.

Re: NFMS Announcers February 17, 2023 04:21PM
I sure miss Dave, at least he new how to smile and laugh and crack a joke! I’m not saying these guys and gal are bad but they’re very bland in my opinion. I dang sure wouldn’t want their job.

Re: NFMS Announcers February 18, 2023 01:04AM
The voice of OSTPA would be excellent down there…. Mr. Hog Hastings!! None better!

Re: NFMS Announcers February 18, 2023 07:50AM
Seriously? I can hear it now. Welcome to the awesome National Farm Machinery show in awesome Louisville Kentucky! The first class tonight is the awesome light pros. Awesome awesome awesome! No thank you.

Re: NFMS Announcers February 17, 2023 03:50PM
I think they are doing great. Dan is a walking encyclopedia of pulling knowledge. I really enjoy pulls Dan is announcing and Miles is doing a great job too. Miles has a relationship with so many pullers and their families and brings that to the track.
To each their own, but we're enjoying them on the livestream.

Re: NFMS Announcers February 18, 2023 08:40AM
I would agree with Lisa, I think all three are top notch announcers. We have been watching the livestream and its been great to this point. With the replays on each vehicle there is very little dead air time other than between classes. Dan and Miles are like on the spot historians of pulling and Leslie is also very knowledgeable about the pulling sport. I have really enjoyed it so far.

S'no Farmer

Re: NFMS Announcers February 18, 2023 12:47PM
Oh make sure to blow smoke up everyone’s butt about these dull,dry and numb minding historians I’ve had to listen to for way too long this week! I’ve been around pulling for 45 years I don’t need a history lesson, I want something entertaining in between pull!

Re: NFMS Announcers February 18, 2023 01:26PM
All the announcers are great! They know what they’re talking about, keep fans engaged, and pump up everyone. For those who are complaining need to find better things to complain about. This has been a great NFMS Pull week. Stands were packed, quality of tractors keep getting better, and the excitement is getting bigger. Some say pulling is dying out but this week is a great example that pulling is still heading in the right direction. Great job to fair board, announcers, workers, and pullers. It was a great week!

Re: NFMS Announcers February 18, 2023 01:33PM
Well now we’ve went from historians to experts! I guess it’s all in the eyes of the beholder! Bring back Dave far as I’m concerned, at least I could have a chuckle now and then!

Re: NFMS Announcers February 18, 2023 01:38PM
Just curious are all the outlaw fans as friendly and positive as you? I bet you're the life of every party with lots of friends LMFAO

Re: NFMS Announcers February 18, 2023 01:45PM
Let me rest your weary mind, I doubt there as friendly and good natured a myself after self inflicting their selves to this much agony for 4 days like myself!

Re: NFMS Announcers February 18, 2023 01:52PM
Mike. Lighten up

Re: NFMS Announcers February 19, 2023 01:53AM
No secrets here I’m Dillon the Annoucer from MN thanks for the compliments!

Re: NFMS Announcers February 19, 2023 06:36AM
Outlaw fan, I've been involved in pulling for about 20 years longer than you. And I have written numerous pulling history stories that were published.
Thus, I still enjoy hearing someone with correct pulling historical knowledge.
So I counteract your desire. So now, we are back to neutral.
But, apparently you know it all, so perhaps you need to get on a mic, too.

Re: NFMS Announcers February 20, 2023 01:42AM
I thought the announcers were good and knowledgeable. I like Dan and Miles they know the history and the pullers. They could do better on the mechanical side of things though. Watching the live stream I noticed allot of dead air time and they don't really get the fans going or involved they can be a bit dry. Could be why they added the music, not sure about the song choices though. I think if Leslie talked more it would help, they need more of a personality that involves the fans or gets them going more. Would also like to see more driver interviews. When its quiet grab one of the guys in the top 3 by the desk and talk to them, yes they did a few times but not enough in my opinion. Leslie did some down on the staging area but more would have been nicer. Seems most of the interviews were also limited to the drivers they knew or the bigger names from the national circuits. Badger State has some great announcers to.

One thing I have wondered is why do our pulls seem so cut and dry with how they happen and how they are announced and our European family look like they are having a big party? Shouldn't the farm show be more upbeat? It is the Super bowl of pulling next to Bowling Green. Like it or not if you want the younger generation now a days it needs to be exciting and up beat. I thought the farm show had something going a year or 2 ago when a tractor would hit the sand pile they did a light show with some music and got everyone excited, looks like they dropped that idea though.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520