Fendt Prostock February 24, 2023 12:34PM
Is the Fendt running a Fendt engine or is a fake like Beyond the Limits? I truly understand the costs that are involved in building something other than a JD or an IH, but it would make it more interesting as a spectator if you had to run an engine that was made by the tractor brand. I truly love the sport, but it really gets old seeing 10 JD's and 10 IH's in the classes. It is what it is I'm just fendting.

Re: Fendt Prostock February 24, 2023 01:01PM
Have heard it's a JD powerplant but don't know forsure, I agree with you on the Red an Green show, it gets really old, that's why I like the other classes that offer all colors but they'll find a way to screw that up .

Re: Fendt Prostock February 24, 2023 01:16PM
I agree it would be cool if there were some different power plants under the hoods and not just all JD or IH. However, with how the rules are you’re pretty limited on options. You can’t even run a current era engine because they don’t put them in a 2wd tractor.

Re: Fendt Prostock February 24, 2023 01:57PM
How about a CAT engine?

Re: Fendt Prostock February 24, 2023 03:02PM
You can not make 5000hp with just any engine

Re: Fendt Prostock February 24, 2023 02:41PM
It's a Lemke Engine... It's fictitiously tagged to merely pass the rule process, Unfortunately Lemke's don't always get the credit they deserve.

Re: Fendt Prostock February 24, 2023 02:50PM
Fendt not have its own engine they buy from others. As a matter of fact the early fendts came with. 9 l Jd engines . Which is what this tractor is using

Re: Fendt Prostock February 24, 2023 02:57PM
I know the early Claas came with Deere motors (Claas bought Renault who didn't make very good tractors and Claas wanted a reliable powerplant for their new line of tractors so Deere was a perfect choice). Fendt has been around for a very, very long time but was purchased by Agco back in the late 90's and I don't think they had Deere power, I think it has been MAN for a while now but I could be wrong.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2023 03:01PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Fendt Prostock February 25, 2023 02:35AM
Fendt never had Deere engines. Renault did and those were now phased out for Ivecos.

Fendt had MWM in the past, then Deutz and MAN and I think since they are with Agco it is Sisu (like Valtra) in the smaller and still MAN in the bigger models.
Anything over 427 cui used in Fendts is either too big (11.407 cm out of the 622 - 626 series) or "too much technology".

If you want to see a Fendt PS with a MAN heart:

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2023 02:42AM by Sascha.

Re: Fendt Prostock February 24, 2023 02:51PM
From the video I saw of it warming up is was a non-crossflow head so I assumed it was a billet Lemke small block Deere. It's a nice looking tractor.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Fendt Prostock February 24, 2023 10:21PM
Lemke's are like the rest of the builders. If a client has ideas and designs something good, the client pays Lemke to build it. Lemke then sells as his design to customers competitors as a Lemke design. Maybe they don't deserve more credit.

Re: Fendt Prostock February 25, 2023 12:26AM
Those are pretty strong words. I sure hope you hope you have some facts to back up what you have to say and Name to go with them.

Re: Fendt Prostock February 24, 2023 02:10PM
The MAN engines used in Fendt tractors are like most modern diesel engines, not legal in PS because they are overhead cam.

Re: Fendt Prostock February 26, 2023 05:19AM
For those that dont know, I own the Fendt Pro. I have been a red man my entire life. Reality is that it is extremely difficult to make a Red engine live at this level. Robby and his crew built me a heck of an engine for many years, but in the last 5 yrs, the horsepower advancements have proven to cause the red engine to fall behind. Those that are still running a red engine are spending alot to keep is running at that level. We all spend alot of money to put on a show. The combination is not for everyone. To the purists out there, I understand you may not like the sheetmetal/engine rule, and I respect your opinion. The Chaos boys are trying hard to make a red engine live at this level. With Robby only living 1.5 hours away from me and because he has done my motor work for the last 10 years, I chose to follow his prostock program. The average spectator does not know, or even care what is under the hood. The Fendt is different, it has drawn alot of attention 99% good. If you dont like it, dont watch. I want to sit on the seat of a tractor that gives me a chance to win every so often, better yet, work with people that I like to work with. The Badger State Tractor pullers will have a pro class full of color and numbers. I cant wait for summer!!

Re: Fendt Prostock February 26, 2023 12:40PM
Craig thanks for owning and building and willing to spend to put on a show
the intresting thing i always wondered is the Mod 4x4 class has ran a after market non specific block
for years and nobody talks about that

Re: Fendt Prostock February 26, 2023 01:28PM
Puller 4020
Craig thanks for owning and building and willing to spend to put on a show
the intresting thing i always wondered is the Mod 4x4 class has ran a after market non specific block
for years and nobody talks about that

Exactly…no one talks about it. You don’t see an announcers at an event like BG getting the crowd fired up doing a “Ford?” “Chevy?” “Hemi?” cheer like they do for Red vs Green…because nobody cares. You don’t see huge threads on these pulling sites debating Mod 4wds or modifieds either. It’s pulling, people still like them, but the interest is more “meh”. The brand loyalty debate helps to drive interest/excitement in the tractor classes.

All that being said, as much as I personally don’t like the “any sheet metal” rule because of how it will continue to dampen those traditional brand rivalries/crowd excitement, I don’t fault any puller that has the means to go with a program that lets them be competitive; so might as well build something sharp and unique. And pulling fans will still be pulling fans and enjoy watching, so I’m not one of those “it’s gonna kill the sport” types…

But hat tip to the pure red boys still trying to make it work in the pro stock stock game.

Re: Fendt Prostock February 26, 2023 03:12PM
I want to apologize with my original post if it came across disrespectful to Craig or any other puller, I honestly didn't mean it that way. I will say Craig you have an amazingly awesome looking machine and I thought you did well.

Re: Fendt Prostock February 27, 2023 01:10AM
Craig Ladwig
For those that dont know, I own the Fendt Pro. I have been a red man my entire life. Reality is that it is extremely difficult to make a Red engine live at this level. Robby and his crew built me a heck of an engine for many years, but in the last 5 yrs, the horsepower advancements have proven to cause the red engine to fall behind. Those that are still running a red engine are spending alot to keep is running at that level. We all spend alot of money to put on a show. The combination is not for everyone. To the purists out there, I understand you may not like the sheetmetal/engine rule, and I respect your opinion. The Chaos boys are trying hard to make a red engine live at this level. With Robby only living 1.5 hours away from me and because he has done my motor work for the last 10 years, I chose to follow his prostock program. The average spectator does not know, or even care what is under the hood. The Fendt is different, it has drawn alot of attention 99% good. If you dont like it, dont watch. I want to sit on the seat of a tractor that gives me a chance to win every so often, better yet, work with people that I like to work with. The Badger State Tractor pullers will have a pro class full of color and numbers. I cant wait for summer!!
One things for sure, definitely tell you’ve been a salesman your whole life, you could be on Lempke’s payroll. Politics could be in your future as well. Best of luck to you, at least you didn’t keep it red hooded

Re: Fendt Prostock February 27, 2023 01:06AM
I’m not necessarily a fendt fan by any means. I don’t dislike them at all. But that fendt tractor has to be one of the best looking pro stocks ever built in my opinion

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason