curious April 05, 2023 04:23AM
What happen to the Soupline express? I've not seen it in a few years?

Re: curious April 05, 2023 05:06AM
They still own it...just sitting in the shop. I think Rick and Randy are enjoying the time not being out on the road. Plenty of reasons for it sitting in the shop...the price to be competitive is so high now, they are busy farming and they have done it for years. I'd love to see it back out as it was my favorite tractor but from the sounds of it...it won't be back out anytime soon.

Re: curious April 05, 2023 05:48AM
I wonder if this team would be a good candidate for the 5.0 prostock class? Might be a good fit with the stated goals above of less time on the road and the price of being competitive in big pro.

Re: curious April 05, 2023 06:00AM
Rumor has it 5.0 has tempted them. Time will tell.

CP

Re: curious April 05, 2023 07:41AM
Last time I talked to them it didn't seem to tempt them too much to get the tractor out...almost seemed burnt out. Maybe a few more years away will relight the fire or if the 5.0 class takes off in a closer proximity to NorthEast Ohio could tempt them to go that way. In my line of work...I talk to many pullers around the area and always enjoy talking to the Campbell's. Just was BSing about tractor pulling yesterday with a classic superstock puller while delivering drainage pipe...always fun to hear the rumors and talk about the upcoming season...in person and here on pulloff.

Soupline is one of the best looking tractors...love the classic look and that thing ran great! Hope you are right that they are tempted.

Re: curious April 06, 2023 04:53AM
Maybe someone should get a hold of them and see if they could buy the tractor and get it back on the track.

Re: curious April 06, 2023 04:58AM
I think Soupline is the best looking JD on the circuit (well, or at least that WAS on the circuit). I love the yellow painted wheels and its so rare to see them these days on a JD but it looks SO good! I hope they eventually get back on track one day.

Re: curious April 06, 2023 09:43AM
I love the yellow wheels too. It really gives the tractor a unique look. My only complaint is I wish they'd paint the planetary cover yellow as well... but that's a minor gripe. I haven't talked with Rick or Randy in a long time but they are really nice guys and I hope they aren't done with the sport.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: curious April 06, 2023 02:15PM
Rick and his son have been involved in quarter scale pulling for a few years now and I think that fulfills the pulling itch for him

Re: curious April 06, 2023 03:44PM
jake really?ur gona tell a legend how to make their tractor look better? what does yours look like?

Re: curious April 07, 2023 12:29AM
I'm just saying what I like and don't like, you know... an opinion. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have opinions too. You can share them, or you can keep them to yourself... that's your right, but don't be a hypocrite and pretend like you don't have opinions on what you like and don't like. I love the look of the tractor, as I said, the yellow rims really make it standout, it's just a very minor thing that I pointed out.

Oh and as for my tractor... I can't afford one so that makes it a little hard to have one, but I have helped build a few and there are things on them that I fabricated or designed that I like and there are things on them that I did that I don't like or would do differently today...

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason