Blower motor teams question June 18, 2023 11:57PM
I notice blower motor teams checking timing more and more often than before,my question is why? Is it do to wear or fuel mixture or maybe atmospheric or just vibration?
Just curious.

Re: Blower motor teams question June 19, 2023 02:41AM
Timing #1 way to change power level, being sure its correct for Track conditions is imperative.

BB

Re: Blower motor teams question June 19, 2023 03:08AM
Ok makes sense now, because I see it so often in the staging area anymore
Thanks for the answer

Re: Blower motor teams question June 20, 2023 03:00AM
So what is the strategy? Loose track take out some timing to keep from overreving the engine? Why not go up a gear?

Re: Blower motor teams question June 20, 2023 11:17AM
The most mini’s are running a single speed gearbox. We can change quick-change gears, but if track conditions quickly change, pulling or adding a couple degrees of timing is several hundred horsepower.

Re: Blower motor teams question June 20, 2023 12:12PM
True. Minis and a lot of the Mods need as much front weight as they can get so a 'box is out. Making a change is easy enough, but may need 30 or more minutes to accomplish. A timing change could be realistically done in 3 minutes in real time in the staging lanes.

CP

Re: Blower motor teams question June 22, 2023 02:45AM
We have learned in our few short years of pulling Blown Mini Rods that timing is very critical from track to track. The correct timing can make or break the launch and hook up, seeing every track is different teams feel the need to check and adjust to conditions. Most teams can make the adjustment in a couple minutes.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,795, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,949.

Our newest member CBeard