The future for state level prostocks July 20, 2023 03:44PM
Now that the 5 inch prostock class is around what will the future hold for some pro socks that run mainly on the state level. The four that I am speaking of would be the Couch family that mainly runs select events or with the ITPA and D&R pulling that again runs mainly with the ITPA. The ITPA has announced they are going to a 5 inch rule next year so will these pro stocks bolt on a small charger and only run in that state or just hit select national events with their current set up it is an interesting dilemma

Re: The future for state level prostocks July 20, 2023 10:35PM
You pose a great question. Numbers in OSTPA have been horrible in the pro stock class for quite a few years, even worse recently. Now, before people jump down my throat... Deppen family brings 4 and Smith brings 2.... you'll see Russel bring the Loose Cannon when they are able. that's pretty much your class. I have often wondered if the state level would back down to a 5" charger if it would help bring old iron back out and new iron jump in classes? I believe if OSTPA did so, you would see the ol Fools Gold gasoline tractor be a force to be reckoned with!

Re: The future for state level prostocks July 21, 2023 02:20AM
It is definitely someting all groups should address. Excluding the popular national pulls, most struggle to get 8-10 pros. 15-20 years ago, those same events would have 40+. To the general specatator, the 5.0 class is still exciting and powerful!! The the pullers, taming down the tractor will allow those without a large budget to still compete and not park the tractor or sell out. And I agree that some tractors will come out of retirement and start pulling again. The time and money needed to field a "big prostock" is hurting most of the events and another option would be great in my opinion. If anything, if would hurt the 4.1 class by taking some tractors away.

Re: The future for state level prostocks July 21, 2023 06:39AM
This is pretty ironic, wasn’t long ago everyone was saying the pro class was fine. Numbers are great, no need to change. I said it’s going down the same road as DSS, and that definitely is starting to happen. The creation of the 5” class was great, too bad they couldn’t have done something like this for state and regional super stocks.

Re: The future for state level prostocks July 21, 2023 07:39AM
Wasn't there talk by the outlaws to require restrictor plates on the DSS a while back? What happened with that?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009