MASTERSON VS SIMON July 20, 2023 10:38PM
Simons had a standout stellar year a year or so ago with the Pro stock, I'm thinking Mastersons and the ol River Rat is going to have a standout year this year as well. it'll be fun to watch these guys go toe to toe all year!

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 21, 2023 12:30AM
The pro stock points battles will be fun to watch as well as the individual families throwing down for bragging rights. I think the Masterson Team is top dog right now but I'm excited to watch others try to beat them the rest of the summer. Quite a few pro stock hooks left on the schedule.

Bowling Green is going to be a fun one as usual!

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 21, 2023 12:39AM
Masterson is more consistent and when Simon's are running right they have more HP than anyone in the class.

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 26, 2023 07:41AM
Major Crank
Masterson is more consistent and when Simon's are running right they have more HP than anyone in the class.

Mastersons 40+ years experience Prostock
Simons 3 years experience Prostock
That assessment validates your first point.

As for your second point,.....Eye Rolling

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 21, 2023 06:33AM
Seem to be forgetting about Maize in this conversation. One of Simon’s tractor runs better than the other. Parish’s hasn’t proven to be the most reliable yet. It’ll go down to the Rat and Billet Binder in PPL.

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 21, 2023 12:56AM
Throw the Parish family in there with El Nino and it'll be a doozy for sure!

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 21, 2023 01:54AM
The greatest thing that could happen to the sport is create rivalries. Fan interaction and engagement amongst each other is healthy and a good thing. The Gangsters have been on path of destruction not only this year but last year starting in hillsboro they have been on a " Seek and destroy" mission! As fans we should embrace rivalries and have some fun with it! Anybody remember BG and the " snake" chant? That place was rocking chanting snake snake snake and it was fun for everybody! Let's do it again but this chanting "rat"! Good bless Don and may he RIP and God bless the Gangsters for giving us one helluva show!

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 21, 2023 03:31AM
The Grandview Gangsters are top the top dogs and they make unmatched hp

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 21, 2023 01:58PM
Where’s the Buck Eater at this year?

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 24, 2023 12:32AM
Mickey's wife posted on facebook that they are having work done to the tractor to switch it over to a component tractor and that it won't be finished anytime this summer. Buck Eater will be out next season.

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 24, 2023 12:46AM
It also seems worth mentioning that the tractors that ran PPL in the past are dominating the NTPA currently. Simons and Injected Funds (old Simon tractor) are leading the points followed by Billet Binder. The Masterson team hasn't ran NTPA points but have won every NTPA event they've been at. The legacy NTPA pullers if you will are getting their butts handed to them. The Schmuckers and the Conny's haven't been uber competitive yet this summer. The Lemke tractor looks incredibly over powered so far.

This class has a ton of hooks left but so far this summer theres a lot of former NTPA big names getting beat bad. Will they figure it out? Or are the old PPL guys that much better?

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 24, 2023 02:39AM
BrandonA
It also seems worth mentioning that the tractors that ran PPL in the past are dominating the NTPA currently. Simons and Injected Funds (old Simon tractor) are leading the points followed by Billet Binder. The Masterson team hasn't ran NTPA points but have won every NTPA event they've been at. The legacy NTPA pullers if you will are getting their butts handed to them. The Schmuckers and the Conny's haven't been uber competitive yet this summer. The Lemke tractor looks incredibly over powered so far.

This class has a ton of hooks left but so far this summer theres a lot of former NTPA big names getting beat bad. Will they figure it out? Or are the old PPL guys that much better?

This NTPA vs PPL vs Outlaws needs to die! We need all organizations to be healthy and be supported by fans. I follow drag racing and sprint car racing heavily and it seems huge numbers of spectors are showing up at motorsports events and some events are record crowds! Folks are finding their way back to motorsports for entertainment and it's a very exciting time to see these kinda crowds. The sport of pulling needs to capitalize on this opportunity of growth in motorsports and fighting between organizations will not help the cause! Every club every organization has their good points and bad points but we should celebrate their efforts and help them if at all possible! If a competitor shows up at the event you attend when that competitor normally doesn't attend your event make damn sure you walk up, introduce yourself and thank them for coming. For the betterment and future of this sport it's Is Imperative
that we support all organizations and clubs and kill this idea of one organizations is better then the other!

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 24, 2023 03:04AM
I don't agree that a friendly comparison is harmful to the sport. There are rivalries in all aspects of sport. Heck the what makes sports interesting. Red vs Green was one of the things that made the sport exciting.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 24, 2023 03:13AM
Dick Morgan
I don't agree that a friendly comparison is harmful to the sport. There are rivalries in all aspects of sport. Heck the what makes sports interesting. Red vs Green was one of the things that made the sport exciting.

Rivalries amongst competitors I support 1000% but comparing organizations and pitting one against the other is not good in any way for the sport.

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 24, 2023 04:03AM
GirbachA

Rivalries amongst competitors I support 1000% but comparing organizations and pitting one against the other is not good in any way for the sport.

I wasn't trying to make this about the organizations. I'm saying there's some pretty obvious things you can see based on results this year. One of those things just happens to be the pullers who were previously in a different organization happen to be dominating currently. I don't care to argue about the two pulling groups. I'm just saying that some of the long time NTPA guys are getting whooped this season.

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 24, 2023 06:00AM
Still don't agree, the Outlaws app is so far superior to NTPA and PPL that it needs to be pointed out. The NTPA results page is so difficult to navigate. You have Super National, Grant National, GN with regional classes, Pro National. Region 1 through something and ect. It,s the worst site of the 3 National organizations. As comparing the NTPA is definitely the leader in safety rules. Maybe with the new leadership at the helm of the NTPA things hopefully will change. Each organization has it's strengths and weaknesses, and pointing them out is not detrimental to the sport.

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 24, 2023 07:23AM
Totally agree with you Dick. There is something to be learned and gained from comparing!

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 24, 2023 08:51AM
Dick,
I must be missing something, I find the PPL site very difficult to navigate and often can never find what I'm looking for. Granted I'm pretty computer illiterate but if I want to find any level of NTPA classes schedule I find it easy to find and navigate. It's likley because I look at the NTPA site a lot but just this week I wanted to find the different series schedules for PPL and couldn't find anything that mentions anything about the different levels of PPL events. I will say that the OSTPA site seems more user friendly and they do a great job of getting the results up quickly. Any way you look at it they are all so much better than when we were young and had to go to an event or wait months for results.

I also believe that the three major pulling organizations get along and work together more than people realize. I've heard several of the leaders of the big three saying that they are all necessary. At different times in my pulling career I've pulled with many organizations with the main exception being the Outlaw group and can say I've not had issues with any of them, they are all doing the same thing...giving pullers an organized place to pull and fans a place to watch top notch equipment out on the pulling tracks across the country.

As for the comment about charging $15 dollars to watch a show, I can't even go to McDonald's and get a meal for that price any more. Even small brush pulls take a lot of time and money to put on let alone the bigger shows. I feel like most promoters do a pretty good job of holding down the price of admission while facing constant higher prices for everything they need to put on a show.

S'no Farmer

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 24, 2023 10:09AM
SFarmer, I had intended to also mention that the PPL site is the hardest to navigate. Granted I'm using my android phone, however every time I try a view their live results it's almost impossible. I don't understand why people that write computer code can't figure out that never everyone has a PHD in computer science. You always need to know your target audience. KISS = keep it simple stupid!

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 25, 2023 12:41PM
I agree, Todd...I don't see the confusion with the NTPA site. Sometimes it is a little late, but that is more of the location of the event. Not every location has internet capable of instantaneous uploading. Heck don't call my cell if I am in my house....I have to go stand by the lilac bush to talk.

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 24, 2023 11:20PM
Agree on the NTPA results page.

They need to drop all the "choices" and just list pulls and the results..........if I care, I'll figure out if it's a Super National, Grand National, Pro National (don't seem to have had any of those this year yet), or whatever other choices it is.

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 25, 2023 07:02AM
Mark (EC,IN)
Agree on the NTPA results page.

They need to drop all the "choices" and just list pulls and the results..........if I care, I'll figure out if it's a Super National, Grand National, Pro National (don't seem to have had any of those this year yet), or whatever other choices it is.

I agree 100%!

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 25, 2023 04:17PM
uber competitive? I can't remember but who won pro stock in Farley Iowa?

Re: MASTERSON VS SIMON July 24, 2023 03:40AM
Quit comparing it to any automobile motorsports. It's not the same nor should it be. More people relate to cars than tractors, that's just life. I went to a small pull at a Midwest county fair that has a circle dirt track and paid $15 @ the gate to get in. Wasn't even a state level show. If I hadn't had a personal interest in a few tractors I would have turned around. Stuff like that is what kills a crowd. Especially in this inflation economy.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,652, Posts: 229,727, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,069, Posts: 225,914.

Our newest member JD_8520