DSS TRACTORS July 28, 2023 02:36AM
I am just a curious fan here but I have been wondering why the DSS tractor class has lost its numbers over the last 10 years? We've lost alot of good tractors. I love the DSS class along with the pros. I've been a fan so long I can remember a tractor would pull rostock go back and change tires then pull Superstock (boy am I old)

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 28, 2023 02:44AM
Bad rules.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 28, 2023 03:52AM
DSS are just so expensive to build and to maintain..Keeping them together for a full season is almost impossible.

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 28, 2023 05:18AM
Yes they are expensive yes they are high maintenance, but many people involved with pulling don’t want to put in the effort (and money) it takes to keep one on the track, yes pulling is a hobby but it takes genuine devotion to pull a SSD tractor.

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 28, 2023 12:37PM
When a diesel SS crankshafts are priced like gold and only last a dozen runs? AND Team One, it takes more than Genuine devotion, either you have to be half crazy or have a hefty bank account or some of both!

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 28, 2023 01:25PM
I believe both. If anyone wants to donate I know a guy.
There best be 3 spare long blocks and 3 short blocks in the trailer at the beginning of the season.
Bring out spare chargers and pumps..
Keep your machine shop in line with parts needed or not.

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 28, 2023 04:20PM
JJJ
I believe both. If anyone wants to donate I know a guy.
There best be 3 spare long blocks and 3 short blocks in the trailer at the beginning of the season.
Bring out spare chargers and pumps..
Keep your machine shop in line with parts needed or not.
Are you sure about these statements? Bone Twister and Scrappy both ran all of last year with very minimal damage to any of those component’s. They were the 2 best running ones all season to boot

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 29, 2023 02:33AM
But don’t forget a few years prior , I think it took 5 engines for Travis to get Bone Twister through the season.

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 29, 2023 04:59PM
And scrappys broken once already this season.

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 29, 2023 05:28AM
They let these and other classes get to big only elite ppl with big money can afford them. Ask any puller who quit pulling why they did so most will say too expensive to keep going, too many rule changes none to improve long-term less breakage. Just my opinion

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 29, 2023 03:58AM
Wait, I thought floating finish lines were supposed to fix all these problems?!!!

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 29, 2023 01:21PM
Fan 2, that's only for the UNL MOD's!
I'm still patiently waiting for you to spend some of your decades old savings and invest in an Unl Mod and see you maintain and drive it.
I'm sure we can all learn a few things then as a result. The same as the other DSS owners are doing as Ross continues with his expensive engine burn-downs.

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 29, 2023 06:21PM
So breakage in Unlimited is fixed with the floating finish? Not hardly.

As for Ross's, what business is it of yours how they spend their money? NONE!!!

Have never spoke to them but when they hook to the sled other pullers want to watch them run!

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 30, 2023 05:27AM
What's wrong Fan 2, could you not accept a joke: "Fan 2, that's only for the UNL MOD's!" ?

Ross can spend their money however they want. Just like any puller. Or anybody in whatever sport they desire to be part of. Ross's were soon destroying the new Hyper block on the dyno, shortly after it was finally approved by NTPA. Oh, but remember, the IH whiners campaigned on they needed that block in order to have engine reliability.
How well has that worked out?

But apparently, creating more power, less reliability and increased tractor costs really helps in 'growing the pulling sport to the next level'. That term must mean extinction.
That certainly has pretty well occurred in SS state and region competition and why you do not see those classes, because no promoter wants to book them.
And the GN SSD class is not much of a class anymore either because they can't keep the tractors together. So what is the point of having so much power?

However, Fan 2, I'm still waiting to see your Unl Mod. Would have been exciting to see how well you would have fared at the Fort. Its been a long time since we have seen that good of results in that class. I'm glad they finally did. How long will you remain in Unl Mod 7th heaven?

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 30, 2023 08:00AM
Topic was "DSD TRACTORS". You brought Unlimiteds into the discussion? Who cares about me?

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 30, 2023 08:53AM
"DSS"

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 30, 2023 09:17AM
fan 13
What's wrong Fan 2, could you not accept a joke: "Fan 2, that's only for the UNL MOD's!" ?

Ross can spend their money however they want. Just like any puller. Or anybody in whatever sport they desire to be part of. Ross's were soon destroying the new Hyper block on the dyno, shortly after it was finally approved by NTPA. Oh, but remember, the IH whiners campaigned on they needed that block in order to have engine reliability.
How well has that worked out?

But apparently, creating more power, less reliability and increased tractor costs really helps in 'growing the pulling sport to the next level'. That term must mean extinction.
That certainly has pretty well occurred in SS state and region competition and why you do not see those classes, because no promoter wants to book them.
And the GN SSD class is not much of a class anymore either because they can't keep the tractors together. So what is the point of having so much power?

However, Fan 2, I'm still waiting to see your Unl Mod. Would have been exciting to see how well you would have fared at the Fort. It’s been a long time since we have seen that good of results in that class. I'm glad they finally did. How long will you remain in Unl Mod 7th heaven?
They aren’t destroying the blocks any more, it’s usually burning a piston then blowing the pan out or valve cover. So yes the block did fix that problem but they have doubled the power since the block came out.

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 30, 2023 08:22AM
In Outlaw country, over 10 years they've never had a lot of DSS tractors but there's probably 10 super stocks in Iowa and Missouri alone that are sold, switched classes, the puller retired or what have you. It's my favorite class to watch so it's sad to see.

But with that said, it's more fun to watch three really good diesel superstocks go down the track than to watch 10 starter class trucks or tractors kill an hour at the start of every pull.

Re: DSS TRACTORS July 31, 2023 03:22PM
I haven't really looked into it in a while now but, what kind of boost pressure and horse power are we looking at in a DSS tractor?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,637, Posts: 229,703, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520