Breaking in new pro pullers August 13, 2023 01:51AM
Looking for any advise on breaking in a new set of pro pullers . 24.5.
10 ply ( full pull). What does anyone do or have done that seems to work well helping get them to wrinkle and hook up some. Open to any suggestions, been a real battle with these, v.s. The firestone 2000.

Re: Breaking in new pro pullers August 13, 2023 02:00AM
I have a set of 10 bolt to 9 bolt adapters that we put new tires on a grain cart with. Put a few bushels in there & go ride around

Re: Breaking in new pro pullers August 13, 2023 02:45AM
Let the air out and go drag it around the farm.

Re: Breaking in new pro pullers August 14, 2023 12:00AM
I head from a very reliable source that Nichols has a machine or a way to break tires in before they even hit the track. supposedly was done with the Mitas tires before they were run at Louisville the first time on a Pro stock tractor. Maybe give Robert a call and see if they would do them for you?

Re: Breaking in new pro pullers August 14, 2023 01:51PM
There are a few schools of thought on break in.

One is to start the tires much lower than you think you need to run them to put the sidewall cords under torque and creep up your air pressure over the next few pulls.

The other popular one is to drop air pressure in the tire to 0 and drag the tractor around until the tires sag and the sidewalls get warm. (this is similar to the machine the Bob Nichols uses, which another user suggested)

In either case, the tire will be completely fine and you won't hurt them. Something to be mindful of is damaging a tube (mainly the valve stem) if you use them in your tires.

If you have any more questions, you can reach out to me directly and I'd be happy to help you through either process.

Aaron Docter
Pro Puller Tires
402-840-0244
Facebook

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,777, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason