What’s the best class to start in? September 04, 2023 12:52PM
Looking to get into pulling and was wondering what would be a good budget class to build for i know lots of guys start with hot farm or far stock classes and what would be good tractors for these classes. Thanks

Re: What’s the best class to start in? September 04, 2023 01:38PM
Sooo, there's a loaded question. My best recommendation is to start attending events and asking questions. There are so many things to think about. Are you planning on running for points with a club, what's your purchase budget, what's you maintenance budget, what's you travel budget, how much time do you have to work on it, amongst other things. Are you looking for something open RPM and MPH? So again, just do some research before you pull trigger on anything.

Re: What’s the best class to start in? September 04, 2023 11:14PM
Thanks for the input i really am just thinking about maybe doing something but have made no final decision yet

Math is hard September 06, 2023 02:33AM
The distance you wish to achieve is equally proportional to the size of your wallet.

Re: What’s the best class to start in? September 05, 2023 12:09AM
While waiting on parts I am finding it much cheaper to pull hot dog wrappers off and cold beers out of the cooler while watching everyone else tear stuff up,,, LOL.. just playin, good luck with your future build.

Re: What’s the best class to start in? September 05, 2023 01:01AM
If you have been on this message board for any time you know that the Super Farm class is the cheapest slowest most boring and the number one starter class for everyone. So just go Super Farm a 100k will get you started pretty easily. 200k should get you a top runner. Then get a 250k hauler and a 30k side by side and you will be all set. Just remember its only money the government prints more everyday. ******

Sorry for the sarcasm. I couldn't resist.

Re: What’s the best class to start in? September 05, 2023 11:50PM
5,000 lb Antique in the NATPA

Re: What’s the best class to start in? September 06, 2023 01:05AM
Been there dun that

Not just that one. Get a div 3/4 tractor for a couple years pulling 4-6000# whatever color you want. Get your feet wet there then move up. Don't build..... buy!

Re: What’s the best class to start in? September 08, 2023 11:03PM
Road the river

Not just that one. Get a div 3/4 tractor for a couple years pulling 4-6000# whatever color you want. Get your feet wet there then move up. Don't build..... buy!

I'm surprised that "Road the river" was the only person to mention this.

But any class you start in, you can buy cheaper than you can build.

Re: What’s the best class to start in? September 06, 2023 01:06AM
What I have noticed is that most pullers class choices are dictated by their disposable budget
Not always, how time and money are usually the deciding factor.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: What’s the best class to start in? September 06, 2023 02:29AM
Whatever you set your budget at, the actuality will be exponentially more!!!!!!!
I wish I had that 'blown money' for retirement today.
Think seriously about those 2 real statements.

Re: What’s the best class to start in? September 08, 2023 06:44PM
If you start with antiques and keep it stock pulling is relatively inexpensive. To be competitive in most of the modified classes takes CUBIC DOLLARS!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason