Safety issue September 25, 2023 06:31AM
Last Saturday night I was at a battle of the Bluegrass pull it was a very good pull the only thing I can say, is the LLSS class needs to be able to put 2 to 300 pounds more on the front end to control and to me It is a safety issue not a performance issue in this class is one of the best upcoming classes. I have watched I’d like the idea of the alcohol and diesel tractors running together. It was a good mix of color this is only my opinion as a spectator.

Re: Safety issue September 25, 2023 07:35AM
The weight needs to stay the same, otherwise the diesels will have an advantage ( they've already been given 100 cubic inches and a bigger turbo ) the weight is what makes it more equal --- if there was a problem with front-end weight they should have lowered the drawbar, guys need to work on setup for the track conditions instead of just getting on it and driving.

Re: Safety issue September 25, 2023 09:58AM
Take some hitch out if them. How many light supers run a 20 inch hitch?

Re: Safety issue September 25, 2023 08:49AM
Class should be 5700lbs tops.

Re: Safety issue September 25, 2023 01:01PM
Yes light ss was 5500, LLSS started out 5700 and was raised to 6000. 6200 ,,6500, is not light when 4 turbo SS tractors are running 6200.Always changes just choose a tractor thats 300 pounds lighter if the weiht is needed , If someone chooses a 14,000 pound tractor to fit a 6000 pound class THERE PROB WILD RIDES AND WRECCKS ARE MORE ENTERTAINING THAN FULL PULLS FOR U THE SPECTATOR

Re: Safety issue September 25, 2023 01:44PM
"Class should be 5700lbs tops."

"Yes light ss was 5500, LLSS started out 5700 and was raised to 6000. 6200 ,,6500, is not light when 4 turbo SS tractors are running 6200.Always changes just choose a tractor thats 300 pounds lighter if the weiht is needed , If someone chooses a 14,000 pound tractor to fit a 6000 pound class THERE PROB WILD RIDES AND WRECCKS ARE MORE ENTERTAINING THAN FULL PULLS FOR U THE SPECTATOR"

Different areas/regions need to do what is best for their respective clubs/orgs.

A paint brush approach doesn't work for this class. There are areas that need to be at, say 6250 or 6500 pounds for a variety of reasons.

Yes you can lower the drawbar to help counter weight issues.......nobody is disputing that.

Sitting in your glass house throwing stones by saying the weight should be 5500 or 5700 (or whatever limit you choose) without understanding the variables of why that won't work for a given group is not helping anyone here.

It is the very reason I will probably end up walking away from this type of class.

Re: Safety issue September 25, 2023 01:54PM
Lewis, " 4 turbo SS tractors are running 6200.", please name whose ag chassis tractors fit your statement.

Re: Safety issue September 25, 2023 02:08PM
Ulmer's

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Safety issue September 25, 2023 02:32PM
1st off the class started here 5700 all you other guys and clubs loved it and wanted to start it in your area because it was a good starter class half way affordable 2nd all the different weight variances came about in different areas was because know one started a knew class as we did based off the 5500 SS the bottom line is a couple here and there had heavy tractor,s and built the class around there self ive probabaly talked to 76 percent of every puller in the class in every club so explain how a 4020 John D21 Allis ,560 IH 570 Cockshuutt 1850 Oliver, Fords ,Masseys,and all the other brands weigh different in different states it may just be the variables of Laziness is why the lighter weight wont work for each group Common since with out weight Horse power is use less thats the equelizer .So for once explain why different areas need that 6250 or 6500 but dont leave out that variable i explained

Re: Safety issue September 25, 2023 03:09PM
Without weight horsepower is useful, torque however is not

Re: Safety issue September 25, 2023 04:54PM
Actually we need both

Re: Safety issue September 26, 2023 12:41AM
You get both no matter what however the way you shape your curves determines how successful you are at what weight.

Re: Safety issue September 25, 2023 11:14PM
Removing cast to the point of making it unsafe doesn't make it right.

Like I said, different regions/areas and different club/association dynamics are what drives the different weight limits.

Just back off and leave it alone.

Are we trying to grow pulling or are we trying to create division among pullers?

You have your ultra light weight utopia where you live. Not everywhere is the same.

Full circle September 26, 2023 12:47AM
FarmersFun
Removing cast to the point of making it unsafe doesn't make it right.

Like I said, different regions/areas and different club/association dynamics are what drives the different weight limits.

Just back off and leave it alone.

Are we trying to grow pulling or are we trying to create division among pullers?

You have your ultra light weight utopia where you live. Not everywhere is the same.

Back in the 1960s, the NTPA was formed precisely because different areas had different rules for similar classes . A guy was legal in one town but not in the next town over.

In the early days of NTPA, this was corrected with consistent class weights and safety rules.

As the NTPA has waned in overall influence, we're now devolving back to the 1960s mess. You ask "are we trying to grow pulling?" One could answer that the people trying to get one standard of rules are trying to grow pullimg, while those insistent on maintaining rules for one area diffetent than everywhere else are not.
(There is also a valid question of whether the rules out of Columbus are the"best" rules, but that's a separate topic).

Re: Full circle September 26, 2023 03:19AM
"Back in the 1960s, the NTPA was formed precisely because different areas had different rules for similar classes . A guy was legal in one town but not in the next town over.

In the early days of NTPA, this was corrected with consistent class weights and safety rules."

Fair point.

Unfortunately it seems exceptionally difficult to do that with this class.

There was time I had a desire to reach the lightest weight possible with my chassis and travel with the tractor. But as I have watched things unfold over the last few years, it becomes obvious the amount of money that would be spent on weight loss is much more easily spent jumping up to the next class (weight and ci) in our group and having a safer chassis and more predictable ride. Simple economics and common sense dictate what direction will ultimately be my path.

Re: Full circle September 26, 2023 04:18AM
But here is the problem with that mentality, you raise the class weight in the name of safety then someone puts on a new set of tires that are 300# heavier than their old tires and they have the same amount of moveable weight they had to start with, but the tractor now hooks up harder, wild rides ensue, and were back to raising weight for safety's sake. The more weight you put on these guys the more the diesels will pull out front that is why anytime anyone wants more weight in this class their tractor smokes. Ulmer carries somewhere around 1000 pounds of moveable weight with puller 2000s on a 706 rear end with a 466 and 4 chargers while crossing the scale at 6400 pounds, Schlueters are somewhere in the same neighborhood with their deere with old style pullers. any argument after this is invalid.

Re: Safety issue September 26, 2023 02:04AM
I understand the variables quite well actually. That's why I believe it should be 5700lbs. I also think it should be 360 alcohol and 410 Diesel with a cooler. No decubing.

Re: Safety issue, To; Brent September 25, 2023 05:47PM
If you saw how much cast is removed from Ulmers housings, and how, I'm betting you wouldn't drive one.

Re: Safety issue, To; Brent September 26, 2023 01:35AM
That wasn't the question that was asked.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Safety issue, To; Brent September 26, 2023 01:04PM
Farmers Fun explain why your 4010 cant make 6000 other than your tractor is already built so you want the rules built for you 6000 has already rooted out all the 460s 88 ollivers 50 cockshutts that the class was originally started for

Re: Safety issue, To; Brent September 26, 2023 02:40PM
So, are these fat tire limited supertiquers running 30.5 tires?
If so, back them off to 24.5's and limit to single turbo. No coolers,

Re: Safety issue, To; Brent September 26, 2023 03:10PM
Shell Question Man
So, are these fat tire limited supertiquers running 30.5 tires?
If so, back them off to 24.5's and limit to single turbo. No coolers,

LMAO

Re: Safety issue, To; Brent September 27, 2023 03:13AM
It weighs 6000 (sometimes) with zero weights and me on it. No 30.5's for me....never has been.

I'm not interested in making a swiss cheese tractor.

Plan is to jump up to a different (heavier weight & larger ci) class rather than spend a fortune on trying to lose weight. That whole concept just doesn't work for me anymore. It sounded like fun several years ago......it's not now.

I'll stay in my own sandbox for now, no plan to travel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2023 03:14AM by FarmersFun.

Re: Safety issue, To; Brent September 26, 2023 07:21AM
Shell Answer Man
If you saw how much cast is removed from Ulmers housings, and how, I'm betting you wouldn't drive one.
Hasn’t been an issue for them. He’s been doing that to for them years

Re: Safety issue September 26, 2023 02:19AM
I don't get your point. One of the KY tractors used to run 4 chargers at 5500lbs. Quit blaming the weight. Either a guy can set up his equipment or he can't. Hasn't everyone heard enough about equality of outcome?? If you dont take responsibility for the bad outcome that comes from your bad decisions, you don't deserve the glory that comes from winning. This is a competition. Figure out what it takes to beat the other guy or keep working until you do.

Adding weight is not a guarantee anyone will even know where to put it. What's next after more weight, a government agency to tell us how we can weight our tractors?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520