3 t-64`s in mod class. October 07, 2023 08:21AM
From what I read, walsh`s can now pull their triple T-64`s they have in NTPA mod class!! About time!!!! Does this also mean they can pull the yellow mod with the 2 bigger turbines??

Re: 3 t-64`s in mod class. October 08, 2023 12:59PM
I'm not sure what the HP is on those two engines, if they total less than 9450 HP then yes they can run it.

S'no Farmer

Re: 3 t-64`s in mod class. October 09, 2023 01:45AM
Depends which version they are. The base model should be ok, the uprated ones I don't believe are. I don't have my rulebook to hand to verify if they go off takeoff rated power or continuous operation rated. If continuous numbers are used, they should be good either way.

CP

Re: 3 t-64`s in mod class. October 09, 2023 05:38AM
We asked Don Deane some of these questions in our meeting. He said that there are many versions of that engine, he wasn't sure which version they run. I think that is one reason some people don't like the Turbines, you are basically trusting the owner that they are running what the rules allow.

S'no Farmer

Re: 3 t-64`s in mod class. October 09, 2023 07:03AM
I think that is some of it, people not liking turbines, But, I think they are good for the class as they are something different in a class full of V-8 machines. I also think the 3-T64`s will have a hard time keeping up as it is. I do remember when Gardner Stone brought out 4-T55`s in the mod class and unlimited, now, that tractor is under powered anymore. It might have a chance in todays mod class and I would like to see that happen.

Re: 3 t-64`s in mod class. October 09, 2023 07:36AM
Agree

Re: 3 t-64`s in mod class. October 09, 2023 01:42PM
If the twin can’t run with the mods, could it run with the unlimited class? They could have two in each class or all mods. Either way it’s a good call by NTPA.

Re: 3 t-64`s in mod class. October 10, 2023 08:44AM
I am glad the turbines will be given a chance in the mod class. We definitely need some variety. But if the Walsh tractors are currently at the HP limit, and they are not very competitive in the PPL, I doubt they will be much of a threat in the NTPA mod class either. Glad they may come though!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,652, Posts: 229,725, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,069, Posts: 225,912.

Our newest member JD_8520