Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 11, 2023 05:03AM
Hypothetically Simons and Bauers team up (or Ross and Eder) to build a new unlimited mod. Two Simon tuned prostock motors (or Ross DSS tuned motors) up front with a Bauer or Eder tuned Hemi sitting staircased behind the twin Pro or SSD motors. It's been done before in the Netherlands with twin V12 diesels paired with a blown chevy. Would be and instant fan favorite. Would this set up compete with current UNL Mods and could it make weight?

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 11, 2023 05:32AM
I’m not sure how the motors would match up with 8k rpm hemi and 5,500 rpm (guessing rpm) diesel. That would be pretty sweet though!

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 11, 2023 06:40AM
[www.youtube.com]

It had a blown 526 Hemi in front of the V-12's....It was an awesome tractor back in its day.

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 11, 2023 10:45AM
the hemi is there to run the supply pumps for the diesels

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 14, 2023 09:50PM
mc
the hemi is there to run the supply pumps for the diesels

No it is not - Just pulling a driveshaft at double the speed of the V12s

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 11, 2023 02:07PM
When Roberts had Double Stuff with 2 Brent Long alky SS engines, it barely made weight. I like the thought, but I don't think it can be done. Especially now with the recast/billet blocks. They're heavier than OEM.

CP

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 12, 2023 07:16AM
It probably won't make weight.
That twin V12 / Hemi combo from Denmark (and those were aluminum engines) was scrapped because it was a 9900 lbs machine that couldn't make weight anymore when the class went 8800 lbs.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2023 07:16AM by Sascha.

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 14, 2023 09:49PM
Sascha
It probably won't make weight.
That twin V12 / Hemi combo from Denmark (and those were aluminum engines) was scrapped because it was a 9900 lbs machine that couldn't make weight anymore when the class went 8800 lbs.

And ironically the class went to 8800 lbs because Leif quit - He was pretty much told that as long as he kept pulling with the 2 x V12 + the hemi, the class would not go below 9200 lbs (Same for Big Mamma with the 2 x diesel Iveco). I gave him the news in Ahoy saturday morning after the ETPC meeting, and that is when he announced that he would go all V8 the next season anyway.

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 15, 2023 05:42AM
I remember the meeting in DK when it was decided not to reduce the weight if Big Mama, Slaedhunden and that RR / Rover combo would come pull Euro Cup.
Unfortunatly two of them didn't show up (anymore) and that was that...

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 12, 2023 01:28PM
Roberts couldn’t get double stuff to work in sync. Said the drivetrain wasn’t happy and wanted to explode.

So with your hypothetical build. What’ is the weight of the rolling chassis with gearbox, trans, and tires? What does a pro stock engine weigh? What does a DSS engine weigh? Then how about the hemi? I’m just not seeing you make the weight.

If you could find a way though…. I’m completely torn. I’d have to say Bauer/Simon’s. My choice comes down to I feel the PS engines would survive better. And be more consistent to operate. DSS running how they are to be competitive like they are right now are complete time bombs.
Now I would like to see iit tried both ways and I’d also like to see it with 2 SSO ally engines too.
I really wish we could see more variety. In the mod classes. That’s why it sucks that the Allison’s and the turbines just can’t be competitive anymore.

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 14, 2023 06:08AM
One and a half decades ago, also in Denmark, there was an also interesting to watch uneven engine combo: Curtiss Wright R3350 and a blown V8 Hemi

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 14, 2023 09:51PM
Carlsson
One and a half decades ago, also in Denmark, there was an also interesting to watch uneven engine combo: Curtiss Wright R3350 and a blown V8 Hemi

And that was the same hemi that Leif put on the nose of Slædehunden Winking

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 14, 2023 07:03AM
Can I get 2 griffons and a screw blower hemi for $200, , Ken? No way that could make 8000 lbs though.

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 15, 2023 05:46AM
Given the Mitas Monster does 5500 lbs with twin Allisons and a Griffon is app 600 lbs heavier than an Allison...... wouldn't rule that out.

They have a new triple Allison in the works, way under 8000 lbs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2023 05:46AM by Sascha.

Re: Hypothetical Unlimited Mod Build November 15, 2023 03:23AM
IMO the Slædhunden was a huge attraction for the sport, for the team, and the overall community. What a pity that they can't made it to the lower weight limits. Watching what they got today is (IMO) so boring, compared to the goosebumps giving beast of screaming Hemi and sky darkening Transmash Diesel.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,673, Posts: 229,771, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,944.

Our newest member Jason