New Modifieds for 2024 January 04, 2024 09:36AM
Bill Vories ran once at the end of last year I believe.
Isn't Matt Cain supposed to have a new 3 or 4 engine mod?

Is anyone else getting a new mod, or maybe changing engine configuration?
This doesn't need to be limited to NTPA or PPL only. What's up in Outlaw country?

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 January 04, 2024 12:59PM
Must’ve been a heck of a pass Bill made last year because it got him into the farm show.

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 January 04, 2024 05:46PM
It's an invitational. The can have anyone come in they want to. The committee doesn't have to justify themselves. Bill doesn't have to justify himself. However if you are keeping score... 10 GN titles. 8 NFMS Session wins plus 4 Finals wins. He deserves the shot as a legend of the sport. He's not going to put junk out there on the Hall floor. It'll run well.

If Dave Banter up and said I'm coming back with a mod, you wouldn't want him there because he only pulled antiques with Ira last year? The heck you wouldn't!

CP

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 January 05, 2024 12:30AM
Can’t argue the point about it being an invitational. But if there’s a mod puller that busted their ass running last year only to not get invited because Bill decides he wants to pull again is a kick in the shorts to the puller not getting invited. As far as Dave Banter goes, I seriously doubt he would apply using the same scenario.

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 January 05, 2024 10:03AM
Dave pretty much got my point. I LOVE Bill Voreus and American Thunder, I do. But, there HAD to be some MOD pullers left out.
Yes, it’s invitational, no dispute there. But, the taking of resumes of the season seems kind of moot if there’s favorites that override resumes. Last I checked, Louisville was touted as a Championship pull, not a test and tune.
Oh, and there are quite a few champions that got turned down. I think Tomah Winner is absolutely correct. Quick check of the list would show that.

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 January 05, 2024 01:34AM
If Bill Voreis has a tractor and wants to go to NFMS he's more than earned the invite.

While the committee has no criteria I do have respect for their decision making as they are great at putting together shows. I gained further respect for them when they denied Jason Schultz. No hard feelings towards Jason but unlike Bill Voreis their team does not have 10 GN titles and also don't have wins as the NFMS. They are asking Beer Money to prove themselves on the track and not just at promoting the sport before they give them an invite.

The system works.

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 January 05, 2024 01:43AM
BrandonA
If Bill Voreis has a tractor and wants to go to NFMS he's more than earned the invite.

While the committee has no criteria I do have respect for their decision making as they are great at putting together shows. I gained further respect for them when they denied Jason Schultz. No hard feelings towards Jason but unlike Bill Voreis their team does not have 10 GN titles and also don't have wins as the NFMS. They are asking Beer Money to prove themselves on the track and not just at promoting the sport before they give them an invite.

The system works.

How? They denied 3 national champions from LAST YEAR!

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 January 05, 2024 03:26AM
The interesting thing about the NFMS is you do not always know who applied.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2024 05:27AM by mh49.

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 January 05, 2024 04:28AM
Very true. I do know of one though and it is a bummer, but as I said it's a show. Their show. More power to them and happy that they still do it!

CP

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 January 05, 2024 04:43AM
Who are the 3 national champions that did not get invited? Did they compete last year? If so how did they finish?

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 Explain This January 05, 2024 07:32AM
Here is the part that I don’t get and I think it really blows a hole in some of the things that have been said. It is true we don’t know who applied, but there are several on the list that really make you scratch your head. OK, let’s start with diesel superstock the one that I can’t understand is the Black IH from out west even the beer money crew that follows outlaws quite a bit basically knows nothing about this guy. One guy said I saw the tractor at an event, but it didn’t make a run which says it probably broke back in the pits exactly what did that guy do to get invited to the national farm machinery show he doesn’t have a track record he didn’t really compete last year, so what made the decision. I am all for somebody putting in their time before they get invited and not just purchasing a tractor like Schultz did , and then wanting to be invited to the farm show. However, I will say that the tractor that Schultz bought did run a few times last year and was very competitive and I don’t think they redid the entire tractor between the end of last season and the first of this season therefore that is a very competitive tractor just a different driver. Now next I love my red pro stocks, and very few get invited into the farm shop but the second tractor of Shelton‘s never made a run last year and the former owner never pulled at Louisville, so what is the reason that tractor got in , the bootlegger pro stock yes he did compete at the farm show years ago however that tractor wasn’t done at any point this year and it never made a run, so why did he get in? I know he is a former winner, so I guess we can use the voice argument on that one as well. Next Mickey shorter, I don’t think he really ran last year except maybe once or twice yet he got in what is the argument there other than the fact that we want to see that tractor run at the farm show we really don’t know what he’ll do. He didn’t run much last year if at all. Finally, the new pro stock from the north, I think his name is Feller to my knowledge that tractor has not run yet, so what made that tractor get in other than the fact it is rumored to be a V-8, which would be something different. I think the thing to take away from all of this is the farm show is about the most political place there can be we really as long as you have the last name that has history there or you know the right people you’re gonna get in if you don’t know the right people, you can win a championship at the state regional or national level and guess what you’re not getting it It’s their show their rules and I understand that but some of them that were on or left off the list this year really has me scratching my head .

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 Explain This January 05, 2024 08:09AM
Were there any pro stocks left out? There are 48 pulling at the show, how many actually applied? My guess would be 50 but genuinely don’t know.

The reason they went to one light super class is they didn’t even have enough applicants for 2 classes, or so I heard. Now we get 8 Blackbourn tractors (not knocking Blackbourn, just lacks diversity).

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 Explain This January 05, 2024 08:47AM
Someone’s got their panties in a wad. Must of not got their favorite in the farm show

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 Explain This January 05, 2024 09:56AM
This is a thread for new mods but anyway....... Vories is one that is new to him but knowing Bill it will have all the bells and whistles. There are a few that have changed hands and some that are being built, so 2024 is going to be an interesting year to say the least.

Bunnage? January 05, 2024 12:06PM
Is Steve Bunnage coming back? Hope his arm is all healed up.

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 Explain This January 05, 2024 12:59PM
I guess that you can't make everyone happy. Some people complain that it's just the same pullers over and over and some people complain that they are bringing in new pullers. Oh well at least 50% should be pleased with the entries!

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 Explain This January 06, 2024 01:16AM
You said the one correct word ‐--- " POLITICS" ----

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 January 06, 2024 03:11AM
Dick, You got that right, Can not please everyone ever. Trump 2024.

Benedict/Criswell? What's up? January 20, 2024 01:25PM
There's a pic of a mod at the NTPA Tech School on Facebook, and someone mentioned a new Benedict/Criswell twin/triple.

Are they still running their unlimiteds and this is a 3rd mod, or is one of them changing to the light/ 7500 mod class? I believe they did run a 3rd tractor pre-Covid for one season that had 3 engines.

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 February 15, 2024 09:08AM
Is Chad Haggerty building a new light mod?

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 February 15, 2024 10:19AM
Yes.

CP

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 February 16, 2024 05:02AM
Yes I have been working on building a light mod. If you want to see the progress or the lack there of you can check out my facebook page. I put updates on there from time to time. Chad Haggerty

Re: New Modifieds for 2024 February 20, 2024 05:04AM
Did anyone else catch the interview with Bill Vories and Miles at the farm show where he said that he planned on running some light mod hooks. I have heard Sullivan’s say they were planning on running also. Sounds like it should be interesting next year in the light mod class!

? about Shelton and Ohl March 13, 2024 04:25AM
Not new, but did Sheltons sell one of their mods? If so, who bought it?

Also, Ohls had their 4 engine tractor, a 2 engine tractor, and I thought they bought Just Add Dirt. I know they have the smoker, but will they run any mod hooks this year?

This will be the coolest mod in America this summer! March 28, 2024 08:22AM
No Practice Podcast inverview w/Steve and Lane Bollinger

Imagine a 4-engine twin allison? Link below, Bollingers bringing out Top Gun, twin allison, with two (2) 8-71s per engine, one on front and one on rear of each engine.

About 1 hour, 30 minutes into the interview, Steve and Lane show it off. From a distance, it looks like a 4 engine mod had a baby with a twin allison.

Also, not sure if this will happen or not, but per Steve, there have been discussions about going to 4 engines w/screw blowers with the Money Pit tractor..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2024 09:13AM by The Original Michael.

Re: This will be the coolest mod in America this summer! March 28, 2024 09:36AM
It’s very cool to see variety, I hope I get to see it run somewhere this summer assuming it gets a green light from NTPA (dangerous assumption I know !)

Re: This will be the coolest mod in America this summer! March 29, 2024 04:03AM
Those three do a nice job with their podcast! That was some very funny stuff at the end. Adam and Tyler were merciless.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520