Build Cost January 05, 2024 07:08AM
Was thinking last night about what happened to the semi class over the years. Was wondering if it is the cost to build one that is hurting the class now? What would it cost to build a Semi for the super semi class? How would it compare to a modified or pro stock. I know talking to a guy running a Pro Stock its $400,000 plus to build one from scratch. What would a semi be versus a mod? Or is it lack of interest from guys into semis seeing the drag racing seems to be so popular?

Semis used to be the class that everyone waited for. Now you go to Tomah and they have 3 or 4 and one of them is a truck that normally drag races so isn't real competitive. I know the trucks are out there but why don't they show up? Last year at Tomah a good portion of the crowd left before the semis started. Just wondering where the class lost its excitement. For me I miss the days of JR Collins, Bernie Pigeon, Mike Metzger, and Greg Hibitz just to name a few. PPL used to have a pile of trucks and guys stayed with NTPA or PPL. Now both organizations share the 3 or 4 trucks that run. What happened to all the trucks that used to run PPL?

Re: Build Cost January 06, 2024 04:48AM
$400k to build a *winning* pro stock seems conservative.

A semi probably costs a little less to build than a pro stock. But, to be competitive, both cost more to build and maintain than in the JR Collins days. In either class, not too many guys have the million or so bucks required to stay competitive over time. That's real money. The sport has been continuously pricing people out of it for decades because the organizations lack the will to effectively keep the build costs down.

Re: Build Cost January 06, 2024 10:13AM
I heard Chaos is building a Prostock tractor for a price tag of 750k!! That's just pure Insanity to me, however for whomever is paying the bill for that one must have plenty of jingle! And likely won't hurt them not one little bit. 750k to them might be like 750 dollars to me?
Best wishes for whoever is buying this new ride! Cant wait to see it out. I'm thankful for those who can afford to do that and give us fans something to admire and enjoy seeing it go down. The track. Best of luck to the owner of such a rig. Thank you!

Re: Build Cost January 06, 2024 12:11PM
750,000? Really? So even if you spent 250,000 on a chassis which is a really high ballpark,then you have 500,000 for a motor!! It’s either bull crap or someone is stupid enough to say “ya I’ll pay that “ for that price it better be gold plated and make you a sandwich

Re: Build Cost January 06, 2024 01:33PM
Keep track of the amount of time it takes to build a pro stock from ground up!!! Chaos is one of very few places that have the ability in house to design and produce the components that they can do. It’s very impressive to say the least. Sheen shop equipment isn’t cheap and chaos has a lot of it and God only knows how many hours of r&d they have spent on their product! They can charge whatever they heck they want!!!

Re: Build Cost January 07, 2024 04:11AM
Northern, what makes you think that the owner of the Chaos built prostock is stupid? If I were to guess, that Individual is a VERY smart person! I am quite certain that someone who has acquired enough wealth to purchase such ride is far far from stupid. My hats off to this Individual for their great accomplishments! So just because you cannot afford one, why do you think it is BS or should be gold plated? I'm certain that if it were gold plated that 750k wouldn't touch it! I agree 100% with Mr Chaney! Again, best wishes for the team having this ride built! And Thanks Again for doing it!!!

Re: Build Cost January 08, 2024 11:42AM
$750,000 to maybe win $1,000 (if you win) at a GN hook after your entry fee.

Re: Build Cost January 08, 2024 11:52AM
When your spending government subsidies (welfare) checks its a lot easier then when its hard earned money.

Re: Build Cost January 08, 2024 10:23PM
I'm pretty sure the $750K build is funded by coal. you know, the stuff that powers Tesla cars. even though we are getting rid of coal power, it's still the base of what makes a Tesla and powers our country. From a reliable source it's the GREEN movement. or tractor being built. regardless, who cares about what they pay. admire the craftsmanship put into these tractors from Chaos. When I first laid eyes on Shelton's 1206 at Bowling Green it knocked my socks off just how there was no corners cut and every little detail mattered on that build.

Re: Build Cost January 08, 2024 11:00PM
Or maybe the Prostock build will be on hold?

Re: Build Cost January 09, 2024 01:27AM
Svonavec turning into the Boerson's now huh? Ironic considering the Coal Fired Tractor (now Loud and Heavy X) use to be a Boerson tractor. The connection between Boerson and Svonavec grows deeper.

I hope the allegations are false but as a former tax accountant the government doesn't generally lose these cases.

Re: Build Cost January 09, 2024 02:40AM
Badgerfan
Was thinking last night about what happened to the semi class over the years. Was wondering if it is the cost to build one that is hurting the class now? What would it cost to build a Semi for the super semi class? How would it compare to a modified or pro stock. I know talking to a guy running a Pro Stock its $400,000 plus to build one from scratch. What would a semi be versus a mod? Or is it lack of interest from guys into semis seeing the drag racing seems to be so popular?

Semis used to be the class that everyone waited for. Now you go to Tomah and they have 3 or 4 and one of them is a truck that normally drag races so isn't real competitive. I know the trucks are out there but why don't they show up? Last year at Tomah a good portion of the crowd left before the semis started. Just wondering where the class lost its excitement. For me I miss the days of JR Collins, Bernie Pigeon, Mike Metzger, and Greg Hibitz just to name a few. PPL used to have a pile of trucks and guys stayed with NTPA or PPL. Now both organizations share the 3 or 4 trucks that run. What happened to all the trucks that used to run PPL?

100K would build you a competitive (not dominant) 4.1 semi that wouldn't require wrenching after each pass...Especially if you already own a truck and can do work yourself

Re: Build Cost January 09, 2024 11:44AM
Whoever deleted oops post might want to consider finishing the job by deleting the last sentence of Brandon A's post.
Just sayin.

Re: Build Cost January 09, 2024 12:41PM
So re-posting a news article gets deleted? Freedom of speech unless the Morgan’s disagree. And here I thought we were in America

Re: Build Cost January 09, 2024 01:37PM
there is no freedom of speech on any page owned by someone else, either confim to the morgans very public rules or be quiet, i don't know half the folks that post here but i do know who has a registered name and who doesn't because that info is available. As for the article put a verifiable name and i doubt it gets removed

Re: Build Cost January 10, 2024 12:59AM
Just sayin
Whoever deleted oops post might want to consider finishing the job by deleting the last sentence of Brandon A's post.
Just sayin.

Was the news article fake or whats the problem with posting an article related to someone in tractor pulling? My post also didn't attack anyone so I'm not sure why what I said was any issue. Facts were presented via news article and I commented on it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2024 01:38AM by BrandonA.

Re: Build Cost January 10, 2024 02:39AM
This forum has been designated as a safe zone. Remember its 2024 anyone under age 40 and some over can't handle facts and truth. All that matters is no ones feelings are hurt or is made to feel uncomfortable.

Re: Build Cost January 10, 2024 02:48AM
!@#$%^&*
This forum has been designated as a safe zone. Remember its 2024 anyone under age 40 and some over can't handle facts and truth. All that matters is no ones feelings are hurt or is made to feel uncomfortable.

You are generally correct, however I'm 27 and try to do everything in my power not to be like all the cancel culture dweebs that are my age

Re: Build Cost January 10, 2024 03:52AM
I hear ya. I myself am in my mid 30's but I identify as a Gen Xer.

Re: Build Cost January 10, 2024 02:51AM
Why doesn't the person repost under a name and try again

Re: Build Cost January 10, 2024 05:38AM
It doesn't matter what you post, it'll be deleted if the woke moderators of this page find it offensive or against their beliefs. maybe saying I love biden will keep this here. [www.tribdem.com]

Re: Build Cost January 16, 2024 02:52AM
IT DOESNT MATTER
It doesn't matter what you post, it'll be deleted if the woke moderators of this page find it offensive or against their beliefs. maybe saying I love biden will keep this here. [www.tribdem.com]

First... Saying the moderators are "woke" when you don't even know who all the moderators are... laughable! Saying that this page is somehow pro Biden... uh, yeah, your post actually resembles something that dementia patient might say. If you want to talk politics, you can take that to the off-topic forum. There's plenty of topics in this world I'd be happy to discuss with you.

Second... I never saw the original post that got deleted. I'm actually just reading this thread for the first time this morning (I've been extremely busy with work projects the past few months. I've tried to keep up when I've had time but spare time has been in very short supply lately).

Third... there's nothing wrong with the article. I'm not sure which moderator deleted it and I'm not sure why it was deleted. Seems like a legitimate news story to me. Sadly it's not a good story, but a legitimate news story none-the-less.

Last... sorry to all of you that got your panties in a bunch because the link got deleted by one of the many moderators. Sadly many of you go straight into attack mode. Do better... or just go away. Find a new page. Start your own page if it's so easy. Go do it better yourself. Moderators make mistakes. Some error on the side of caution and some leave everything up. All moderators have slightly different standards. Some are quicker to delete than others. We're all human and we all make mistakes. A mistake was made by deleting it. It's just a minor mistake.

I don't mind someone questioning why a post was deleted... a post like this one from BrandonA is a perfectly acceptable way to respond. He didn't slam anyone, he didn't bash anyone, just legitimately questioned why it was deleted. Thank you BrandonA for acting like an adult.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Build Cost January 16, 2024 03:54AM
I did not remove the original article posting. I had no issue with it either as it was from a reputable source. I absolutely DID delete the second attempt to share it because it was presented in a very inappropriate context.

CP

Re: Build Cost January 10, 2024 10:16PM
What would the winning payout need to be to justify this kind of investment in a pulling vehicle? And don't tell me its a hobby I've heard that BS before we all get checks for doing this. Most of them are pennies compared to all other motor sports. I mean there is a discussion on this very page under the off-topic button about a dirt track race paying $100,047 to win. What would it take to get that kind of payout at a tractor pull? Seriously what would it take and why hasn't it happened?

Re: Build Cost January 11, 2024 12:35AM
1st off it would take much larger numbers of pullers and or huge sponsorships. 2nd the hook fees would need to be north of $2000.00 buy in. Unless the number of competitors expand vastly, this will never happen, again unless you get some very generous sponsors. Just sayin that's how the big money drag and dirt races operate. A majority of the payouts are generated through buy in fees

Re: Build Cost January 11, 2024 03:42AM
The entire fee at dirt track races with big payouts are no were even remotely close to the $2,000 you say would be needed. The one mentioned is $250. The problem with pulling is to many classes and a dulited field. Cut classes and get the numbers up you could raise the top payouts. If the track changing is a problem then run brakets and then a final like has been done at select events in the past. If you're tractor is to weak to run more then once in a night then thats a gamble you take if you dont like it buy a boat and go fishing instead.

Re: Build Cost January 11, 2024 08:01AM
The Yankee race filled up the stock car field of 250 cars within an hour or 2. I believe it was $500 entry, and then they added another 50 spots and there still is a waiting list.

Pullers all but throw a fit to pay a couple hundred for a club membership these days. Even the Pullers Championship advertising large payouts, classes still seem to be a little short on occasion.

70 hot farms in Ship this weekend @ $500 entry would get you a $35k purse, not that bad, if you can get that many to commit.

---

Re: Build Cost January 11, 2024 10:04AM
I do not understand why pullers will spend $250,000 or more on a vehicle plus that much again on a hauler and tow vehicle. And then complain about paying entry fees and pit passes, think everything should be given to them and then wonder why the payouts are so poor. Pullers are and have always been their own worst enemy. Someday, I would like to believe something/someone will change things for the better, but i won't hold my breath.

Re: Build Cost January 15, 2024 01:32AM
Somehow its gotten off topic, probably because I said pro stock but that's the only class I had good info on for build cost.

Staying off topic I did hear the Galot team and the Simons team bring this up already. Any other racing, allot of the prize money comes from entry fees and gate fees. There fees are allot more than what we pay in pulling but it is all paid back to the competitors. They also said try charging that to pullers or building a model for pulling off of it and you'd have a riot on your hands. We would also struggle with promoters wanting there share. I give Beer Money credit for the TPC pull but I haven't heard to many big gains there yet on prize money, they are also different than any other event that is trying to fund raise off a pull so they can give it all back to the puller. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to costs, rule making, and expanding the sport. Just my opinion.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520